Author Topic: List management: Keep, trade or delist?  (Read 37973 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: List management: Keep, trade or delist?
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2023, 09:30:07 PM »
Laughable.

Biggie, Colina, Ralph should all be delisted a combined 11 years on the list what do we have to show for it? 20 odd games?

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2023, 09:35:06 AM »
With Hugo it depends on the terms and $ on offer from Richmond, and if there are other clubs in the picture

Koschitzke has an offer from Hawthorn but is still wanting to go to Richmond

So has Hugo signed yet??

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2023, 03:30:29 PM »
Hugo would be the first delisted he's had so many chances and Biggie the same should be gone.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2023, 04:44:23 PM »
Hugo would be the first delisted he's had so many chances and Biggie the same should be gone.

Full 4 years on the list so far. Really should know by now if they're worth persisting with.

I'm not convinced myself.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2023, 11:09:15 PM »

Full 4 years on the list so far. Really should know by now if they're worth persisting with.

I'm not convinced myself.

Your absolutely right.
It goes like this  18 to 21 or thereabouts  juniors . So thats 3 to 4 seasons to make the simple call of have they shown enough to be further developed.
Fair enough all clubs get a few wrong and some players stay on lists too long because they see something in the player.
The question that should be asked all the time and should be be asked about poos his pants Ralphsmith is what has he done to warrant keeping after junior development.

The real answer is he has done sweet stuff all.

Cmon guys here we have an outside running player so ask what are the needed attributes for the role. Do the exercise and there is only one conclusion.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2023, 01:49:33 PM »
Only rookies Biggie (linked to Norf) and Colina are now out of contract.

If both leave and Koschitzke is traded in, then we will have 33 senior listers, 6 cat.A rookies and 1 cat.B rookie before the drafts. I think that will give us 3 spots to fill between the National and Rookie drafts with the extra cat.B spot vacant.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2023, 05:19:56 PM »
  :joker delusional list management :joker :propeller :facepalm
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2023, 06:03:57 PM »
Fartley is a halfwit. Ralphsmith is the softest player in the comp yet he still gives him another deal. FMD

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2023, 07:39:30 PM »
Quote from: Knighterlink=topic=32704.msg760179#msg760179 date=1697267037
Fartley is a halfwit. Ralphsmith is the softest player in the comp yet he still gives him another deal. FMD

Fartley as you say created a list which won 3 flags :shh

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2023, 07:42:06 PM »

Yes, did it on his own
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2023, 08:08:12 PM »
Jack Flash clearly not familiar with the concept of resting on one's laurels...machine learning is apparently slow... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2023, 08:08:48 PM »

Yes, did it on his own

Yes and signs players on his own :whistle

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2023, 01:41:32 PM »
Jack Flash clearly not familiar with the concept of resting on one's laurels...machine learning is apparently slow... :shh

#diosideswithfridge

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2023, 02:41:59 PM »

Lyon: “There’s no real way of seeing that they’ve improved their list.”

Cornes: “I wonder whether they could have cut deeper and it would have been bold to do that and a move off course and a detour of what they would’ve been planning 12 months ago. Should they have looked at Tom Lynch on the trade table or Jack Graham or a Dion Prestia and cut a little bit deeper and try to fast track where this is going?”

Lyon: “Glass half full, Adem Yze gets a crack at this list after it lost a bit of spark. That’s what the Tiger faithful will be hoping.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/19/lyon-and-cornes-review-all-18-teams-afl-trade-period/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2023, 09:13:55 PM »

Lyon: “There’s no real way of seeing that they’ve improved their list.”

Cornes: “I wonder whether they could have cut deeper and it would have been bold to do that and a move off course and a detour of what they would’ve been planning 12 months ago. Should they have looked at Tom Lynch on the trade table or Jack Graham or a Dion Prestia and cut a little bit deeper and try to fast track where this is going?”

Lyon: “Glass half full, Adem Yze gets a crack at this list after it lost a bit of spark. That’s what the Tiger faithful will be hoping.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/19/lyon-and-cornes-review-all-18-teams-afl-trade-period/

As much as i dislike both these journo's they have come to the most obvious conclusion possible. We simply have not improved the list
and the oldies are a year older.
One player in in Koschitzke for an aging JR and Koschitzke could not hold a candle to Jack.

At least we bought in a tall but our worst list needs got worse rather than better.