Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96184 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2023, 03:48:31 PM »
 :lol.

Jakey Nails
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2023, 03:51:17 PM »
I really hope we appoint a coach that the media are happy with ...    ::)
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2023, 03:54:50 PM »
If it's like our drafting it'll either be Morris or some bloke no-one's heard of from an interstate league.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

FooffooValve

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2023, 04:25:25 PM »
I reckon we'll go for Leppa, McQualter, Grigg (unlikely) or someone who already has a good understanding and buy-in to the culture that we've so carefully constructed over the last 10 years. I don't reckon we want someone who will come in and have strong (different) ideas about how the place should run.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2023, 06:42:32 PM »
‘He’s 70 per cent!’ The Tigers ‘frontrunner’ to replace Dimma in 2024 and beyond

Catherine Healey
Fox Sports
June 9th, 2023 5:00 pm

Richmond interim coach Andrew McQualter remains the “frontrunner” to secure the job permanently, a Fox Footy expert believes.

Speaking on Thursday night, Leigh Montagna said he thinks McQualter is a “70 per cent” chance to become Damien Hardwick’s replacement for 2024 and beyond.

McQualter has been at the Richmond Football Club since 2014, working as an assistant under Hardwick.

“I’m hearing some positive (reactions to McQualter’s time in charge),” Montagna said.

“I think they want to continue the Richmond way, so they like the Richmond brand that Damien Hardwick has built. Andrew McQualter has got some insight to that.

“Fresh voice, he’s highly respected.

“I reckon he’s 70 per cent (odds to get the full time job). He’s the frontrunner right now. The absolute frontrunner.

“It’s going to take someone very good to beat him.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/hes-70-per-cent-the-tigers-frontrunner-to-replace-dimma-in-2024-and-beyond/news-story/8d8d54e60ca04f72f920b6decfe130fc

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2023, 08:12:22 AM »
Ooh dear. After no real change to what Dimma has done we are going to give him the nod already,

Stfu montagna. Looking after a saints dud I see

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2023, 10:14:34 AM »
I've got no doubt the Club will be thorugh

Think people are forgetting that we still have Balmey and we all know what a great operator he is.

The media and commentators will do what they always do and that's give an opinion that means nil in the overall scheme of things but certainly fire's up the faithful

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2023, 01:51:28 PM »
I reckon we'll go for Leppa, McQualter, Grigg (unlikely) or someone who already has a good understanding and buy-in to the culture that we've so carefully constructed over the last 10 years. I don't reckon we want someone who will come in and have strong (different) ideas about how the place should run.
Who ever comes in should have strong views on how we play and leave how the place is run to those who's job it is.

Maybe the way we play is good enough the problem then is we no longer have the cattle to do it.
Maybe the way we play is now outdated and we need fresh ideas and personell to change direction.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2023, 02:09:55 PM »

Maybe the way we play is good enough the problem then is we no longer have the cattle to do it.
Maybe the way we play is now outdated and we need fresh ideas and personell to change direction.

I would ague it is the former not the latter

Team currently sitting on top of the ladder play a very similar style to what we did when we won flags and still do. Biggest difference they execute their skills consistently we don't.

Outside of them the majority of clubs play styles very similar to what we did in our Golden period
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FooffooValve

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2023, 03:31:19 PM »
Who ever comes in should have strong views on how we play and leave how the place is run to those who's job it is.

Sure, I was talking off field, not on field. I don't care what the new coach does on field, as long as it is successful.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2023, 12:14:38 AM »

:propeller
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2023, 12:35:40 AM »
Hope the club doesn’t get seduced by some wins by the caretaker coach like clubs have in the past…..Teague, Rhyce Shaw, Ratten at the blues & saints, it just hasn’t been shown in recent history to be a good move.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2023, 04:24:08 AM »
Jon Ralph on twitter:

Andrew McQualter will have to win the Richmond job despite Teague, Shaw and Ratten being sacked as interim coaches who got the main job. But Richmond insiders are so impressed. The players love him. A long way to go but it would take a very, very good candidate to roll him

Agree. What I was trying to say was that clubs might be wary of appointing an interim who gives the club a sugar rush after Teague and Shaw. So they should consider Lepper, Pyke, Gia, etc. Just think they would have to be something bloody good to beat him

And he coaches against Ross who tried to poach him!

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1667504885871562753

Broadsword

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2023, 01:23:44 PM »
Anyone talking about getting Don Pyke to Richmond left their brains at the door. Seriously dumb. Non-starter.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2023, 02:35:04 PM »
At least he knows the song off by heart.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell