Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96281 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #420 on: August 17, 2023, 04:15:26 PM »
Scratch Hayden Skipworth’s name off of potential applicants for vacant Tigers job.

Was asked to apply but chose not to pursue. Happy at Pies under Craig McRae.

https://twitter.com/_AMcCormack7/status/1691739078855962626

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2023, 04:16:05 PM »
Damian Barrett tells Footy Classified Chris Newman has started canvassing people linked to Richmond and in football ahead of his interview for the Tigers' coaching position.

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1691794801086116211

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2023, 02:48:22 PM »
WHY HAWKS COACH IS NERVOUS ABOUT LOSING RICHMOND TARGET NEWMAN

Andrew Slevison
SEN
18 August 2023

Hawthorn’s Sam Mitchell would be open to helping assistant coach Chris Newman land a senior gig.

The former Richmond captain is being heavily linked with the coaching job at the Tigers, gaining favouritism since Josh Carr opted out of the process.

Newman has been with the Hawks since 2016, guiding Box Hill to a premiership in 2018, before stepping into an assistant AFL role ahead of the 2019 season.

Mitchell was asked by David King if he is nervous about losing Newman with the Hawks coach providing a very entertaining yet balanced answer.

“A little bit, actually,” Mitchell replied on SEN Breakfast.

“My media boss sends me articles that he thinks that I should read before I come on to a show like this.

“I said to ‘Newy’ yesterday, ‘if I have to read one more article about you and Richmond, mate… I already know that you barrack for Richmond’. He still calls all the (Richmond) boys by their nicknames and all those things. He gets plenty of ribbing from our coaches in here.

“But he’s a fantastic coach. He’s a really good friend of mine, so I’ve spoken to him about it as a friend first and coach second. So if I can help him in his endeavours to get a senior coaching job, then my friendship with him will override the loyalty for him to do his job for me at the Hawks.”

Is Mitchell expecting to lose Newman?

“I actually have no idea, I’d have less idea than you guys in there about what process they are up to and what they’re looking for,” he added.

Newman is among several candidates for the Richmond role which was vacated by Damien Hardwick in May and is currently held by interim coach Andrew McQualter.

Other names in the mix include Fremantle’s Jaymie Graham, Melbourne pair Troy Chaplin and Adem Yze, Essendon’s Daniel Giansiracusa and Collingwood’s Hayden Skipworth.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/17/why-hawks-coach-is-nervous-about-losing-richmond-target-newman/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2023, 02:23:44 AM »
Tigers assistant shortlisted for senior job

By Josh Gabelich
afl.com.au
19 August 2023

RICHMOND assistant coach Xavier Clarke has emerged as another candidate in the hunt for the senior coaching vacancy at Punt Road.

The 39-year-old is understood be set to go through the process after being shortlisted to interview for the role.

The Tigers are in the process of replacing triple premiership coach Damien Hardwick and are conducting a different search compared to other recent coaching processes, with interested applicants applying for the position before progressing.

Caretaker coach Andrew McQualter has been shortlisted for the role, while AFL.com.au revealed former Richmond captain and current Hawthorn assistant coach Chris Newman is also in the process, but Port Adelaide assistant Josh Carr has opted to remain at Alberton.

Interviews are expected to take place in the next week or two.

Clarke has a wealth of experience at the highest level and is highly regarded inside the Swinburne Centre, where the club's decision to shortlist him is affirmation for his decade of coaching experience and growing status in the industry.

The Northern Territorian played 105 games for St Kilda after being selected with pick No.5 in the 2001 AFL Draft and added one more appearance for Brisbane, but was plagued by injuries at Moorabbin where he tore his ACL for the first time before doing it again at the Lions.

After retiring at the end of 2011, Clarke was appointed the AFL's Indigenous co-ordinator at AFL House, working in a strategic role that aimed to help Indigenous players transitioning out of the game.

Clarke had minimal coaching experience when he applied for and won the coaching gig at the NT Thunder ahead of the 2014 season, but was named coach of the year in his first season in the NEAFL and became a premiership coach in his second, after leading a side that many in the industry believed at the time was the hardest state league coaching gig, to the ultimate prize.

At the end of a challenging season for Richmond in 2016, Clarke joined the Tigers as a development coach and has been part of the football department across the past seven seasons.

In that time, Clarke's ambition to be a senior coach has grown to the point where has now put his hat in the ring for the first time, following time as the VFL coach and now the role as forwards coach.

Richmond announced a six-person panel in July to lead the search following Hardwick's shock resignation in May, with CEO Brendon Gale, GMs Tim Livingstone and Blair Hartley joined by vice-president Henriette Rothschild on the panel.

Melbourne Storm football manager Frank Ponissi and Football Australia performance director Paddy Steinfort are the external administrators included in the sub-committee to find the next coach of the Tigers.

Experience at coaching a team at state league level is understood to be appealing to Richmond, which is why Carr was admired internally for his exploits leading North Adelaide to the SANFL flag back in 2018.

Clarke is one of only a few Indigenous coaches at AFL level, alongside Neville Jetta at Collingwood and Travis Varcoe at the Western Bulldogs.

There have only been two senior Indigenous coaches – Graham Farmer and Barry Cable – in VFL/AFL history, with Clarke aspiring to be the next one, whether it is at Richmond or down the track.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1010435/richmond-tigers-assistant-xavier-clarke-shortlisted-for-senior-job

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2023, 08:19:43 AM »
ooh dear,

Im hoping this is just to please the yes vote camp for equality purposes.

As a VFl coach he was as bad as Morris.

Hard NO.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2023, 12:50:31 PM »
No from me, agree with fj

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2023, 07:18:01 PM »
Gale said the club was looking to appoint Hardwick’s senior coach replacement around the grand final to allow the new mentor to oversee any trading or drafting in October.

Interim coach Andrew McQualter is on the club’s shortlist, with the likes of former captain Chris Newman and rising Collingwood assistant Hayden Skipworth alongside him.

Source: Brendon Gale on ABC radio today.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2023, 07:30:17 PM »
I thought skipworth pulled out of the running.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2023, 07:56:56 PM »
I thought skipworth pulled out of the running.
According to 7news' Andrew McCormack he has.

Scratch Hayden Skipworth’s name off of potential applicants for vacant Tigers job.

Was asked to apply but chose not to pursue. Happy at Pies under Craig McRae.

https://twitter.com/_AMcCormack7/status/1691739078855962626

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: August 20, 2023, 09:27:13 PM »
ooh dear,

Hard NO.

Curious to know what your thoughts were on fly and Kingsley were before they left and took on senior jobs? I’m not saying it was you specifically but I would certainly say the general consensus on here for fly and especially Kingsley were that they were bang avg. Fly I think people were critical because we lost the 2017 gf, choked in straight sets in 2018 after finishing top before finally winning in 2019 although we barely scrapped through as the oppo (I think it was port Melbourne?) missed numerous gettable shots to win the game late. Kingsley I think people grew tired of us constantly losing the clearances even when we were winning premierships and then got angry when he said he would take a senior coaching position anywhere while he was still our assistant.

What I’m trying to get at is that, while I don’t necessarily disagree with you (moreso because I think we’ll be much better off with a fresh face in the coaches box), I think it’s very difficult to come to any conclusions about an assistants suitability for a senior coaching position as Kingsley and especially fly have shown.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: August 20, 2023, 09:28:45 PM »

Same question to you Andy.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #431 on: August 20, 2023, 09:40:50 PM »
ooh dear,

Hard NO.

Curious to know what your thoughts were on fly and Kingsley were before they left and took on senior jobs? I’m not saying it was you specifically but I would certainly say the general consensus on here for fly and especially Kingsley were that they were bang avg. Fly I think people were critical because we lost the 2017 gf, choked in straight sets in 2018 after finishing top before finally winning in 2019 although we barely scrapped through as the oppo (I think it was port Melbourne?) missed numerous gettable shots to win the game late. Kingsley I think people grew tired of us constantly losing the clearances even when we were winning premierships and then got angry when he said he would take a senior coaching position anywhere while he was still our assistant.

What I’m trying to get at is that, while I don’t necessarily disagree with you (moreso because I think we’ll be much better off with a fresh face in the coaches box), I think it’s very difficult to come to any conclusions about an assistants suitability for a senior coaching position as Kingsley and especially fly have shown.

I thought their time had come to an end at the RFC, especially Kingsley. I thought he looked  desperate to leave so stuff off then. I absolutely believe this.
By the way what has he proven? He sill has the keys to the Ferrari doesn't he?

Let's compare fly though. Joins RFc end of 2016. VFL Grand final first year and a flag in his 3rd.

Was part of a winning culture as well.

Clarke Morris no thanks. Had chances and did sfa with it
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: August 20, 2023, 09:48:51 PM »

Same question to you Andy.

Fly I thought was OK. Kingsley has surprised me.

Clarke haven't ever really felt he's all that good since coaching VFL

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #433 on: August 20, 2023, 09:52:53 PM »
Adam Yze?

What’s happened to him?

No to X.Clarke

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2023, 10:04:39 PM »
Whoever it is, and no one is banging down the door to me, needs to be good at developing our list because we will have a young list in the next 2 to 3 years and if the recruiters can nail some early Picks when we get some instead of proving the world that we one day pick a smaller back flankers whose an A grader
Hats off they have got a fair share of rookies and late picks right