Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96174 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2023, 09:51:14 PM »
If interviews are done should we not get an announcement soon.

Who said the interviews are done?

Article says "as further interviews and moves take place" which to me at least suggests they're still interviewing.

If they did the common psych testing they could still be waiting on results
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2023, 10:36:43 PM »
The latest on Richmond coaching candidate who was sounded out by finals clubs

Seb Mottram
SEN
2 September 2023

Xavier Clarke will next week front the biggest job interview of his life as he meets with the panel that will select Richmond’s next coach, his brother has revealed.

The Tigers assistant coach was shortlisted for the role last month and is understood to be among the candidates remaining to replace Damien Hardwick.

Clarke, 39, has experience coaching his own side in the NEAFL and has coached a premiership up north before moving to Richmond.

He ticks all the boxes Richmond are looking for – as do a number of applicants – and Raph Clarke disclosed details of his brother’s push to be the Tigers' next senior coach.

“There’s not too much inside gossip… Xavier doesn’t give much away,” Clarke began on SEN’s Fridays in the Top End.

“But I think he’s got his final interview on Monday or Tuesday. Trying to talk to Xavier when he’s coming home for holidays and he’s got to plan his 40th at the end of the month, he’s like, ‘I haven’t thought about anything else besides this interview’.

“He’s quite lucky he’s had the time at Richmond. All the family are very excited, it’d be amazing if he does get the job.

“His coaching philosophy and style is pretty similar to Adam Kingsley and the likes of that.”

Clarke has been at the Tigers since the end of 2016, starting as the development coach and also transitioning into the VFL role.

He’s now in charge of the forwards.

Raph added that his brother is so highly rated within the industry that two coaches – whose sides are now in the finals – tried to poach Xavier out of Punt Road.

“Kingsley tried to take him up to GWS when he got the job, Ross Lyon offered him a gig at St Kilda at the start of this season as well, so he’s a wanted man in footy circles as well,” he explained.

“Whether Richmond believe that he’s the next guy to take them to finals and be successful again… (I don’t know).”

He added: “After (seven) seasons in the gig to be a wanted man at the top, it’s a big credit to him and his development as coach.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/01/the-latest-on-richmond-coaching-candidate-who-was-sounded-out-by-finals/

just ticking the diversity box here is the RFC.

Clarke has shown what kind of coach he will be and its far from flattering.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #497 on: September 07, 2023, 10:54:03 PM »
Appreciate Xavier for what he's done at Tiges but leading our forward group this year has been a mess. Will be staggered if he gets even close.
Go Tigers!

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: September 07, 2023, 11:03:23 PM »
If interviews are done should we not get an announcement soon.

Who said the interviews are done?

Article says "as further interviews and moves take place" which to me at least suggests they're still interviewing.

If they did the common psych testing they could still be waiting on results

Just assumption as the other club coaches have been out of contention for a while.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #499 on: September 08, 2023, 05:09:03 AM »
You mean to tell me this long a process and 2 of our assistant coaches make the final cut lol unheard of. I don't want neither them or Newman.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: September 08, 2023, 06:31:14 AM »
You mean to tell me this long a process and 2 of our assistant coaches make the final cut lol unheard of. I don't want neither them or Newman.

Ageee. It's a complete shambles and I think as I have written they are just ticking boxes to please supporters and minority groups hence the X Clarke. Laughable how he is in the mix.

I think they have known who they are choosing all along  :shh

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #501 on: September 08, 2023, 08:54:52 AM »
FJ I’m not sure how you make such sweeping statements about coaches being no good when the reality is that fans have very limited insight into this topic, except for maybe senior coaches on exposed win/loss form.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: September 08, 2023, 11:49:07 AM »
ive seen enough when he was vfl coach, likewise Morris.

They are both out of their depth and neither will be giving any senior coaching role, especially this one. Teague is another one who can go. These blokes have been charge of various areas and have failed.

Complete wipe out of most assistants is what is required, and get Grigg and poach Hodge to replace them.

Offline Hart4Jack

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #503 on: September 08, 2023, 12:00:55 PM »

They are both out of their depth and neither will be giving any senior coaching role, especially this one. Teague is another one who can go. These blokes have been charge of various areas and have failed.

Complete wipe out of most assistants is what is required, and get Grigg and poach Hodge to replace them.

Does Hodge have any ambitions to coach?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: September 08, 2023, 12:44:38 PM »
I trust Benny and Balme , but 2 of or own assistant's making g the final cut is laughable. Mini had half season showed very little while Clarke is no way near it. I just hop this not the reason so many candidates dropped out.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #505 on: September 08, 2023, 04:20:31 PM »
How does anyone know Clarke is no where near it.
I guess it's very risky to find out on the run, but we don't really know

Offline Hart4Jack

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #506 on: September 08, 2023, 04:42:55 PM »
I  like how the club is doing this, no leaks,   all guess work by the media nuffies.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: September 08, 2023, 06:22:33 PM »
How does anyone know Clarke is no where near it.
I guess it's very risky to find out on the run, but we don't really know
They don’t know, they just pretend they do.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #508 on: September 08, 2023, 07:30:27 PM »

I see people talking about hodge a lot here. Correct me if I’m
Wrong but he has done no coaching and hasn’t expressed the desire to coach at all. Where the stuff is this coming from

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #509 on: September 08, 2023, 07:42:43 PM »

I see people talking about hodge a lot here. Correct me if I’m
Wrong but he has done no coaching and hasn’t expressed the desire to coach at all. Where the stuff is this coming from

I’ve been guilty of running that narrative and it’s purely romanticism with him being a tigers supporter. I believe he has done no accredited afl coaching courses and on top of that is really settled in Brisbane so the likelihood of him coaching us is like me winning powerball