Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96169 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #945 on: July 30, 2024, 09:12:37 PM »
We'd still have been very average, IMO. Blokes like Broad, Short, Graham etc are no longer good enough to feature in a side that's close to finals contention. I think full strength we'd be between 12th-16th
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #946 on: July 30, 2024, 09:29:31 PM »
We'd still have been very average, IMO. Blokes like Broad, Short, Graham etc are no longer good enough to feature in a side that's close to finals contention. I think full strength we'd be between 12th-16th

All have slipped.

Broad coming off a BOG performance.

I suspect short will always struggle in a side that struggles.

As for the fridge well he's been average since 2018 mostly.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #947 on: July 30, 2024, 09:30:00 PM »

Do you think we'd have been more competitive this year if we had a healthy list?

I know I'm in the minority but i absolutely believe we would have been more competitive with fully fit list. Think we would have finished somewhere between 7 and 10

Losing Lynch killed any chance we had... our forward line has been shambolic

Agreed. I had us missing the 8 but not bottom 6. So somewhere from 9-12.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #948 on: August 02, 2024, 10:49:49 AM »

2018 :huh

2019 goes back out with a busted shoulder in the preliminary and helps us get to the GF. Nearly every poster on this site lauded him for that performance

Was 2nd in the 2021 B&F behind Dylan Grimes

Whack the bloke as much as you want, it is clear he is in the top 3 of whipping boys this season but to suggest he's been mostly average since 2018 is drawing a rather long bow I reckon

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #949 on: August 02, 2024, 01:18:42 PM »

2018 :huh

2019 goes back out with a busted shoulder in the preliminary and helps us get to the GF. Nearly every poster on this site lauded him for that performance

Was 2nd in the 2021 B&F behind Dylan Grimes

Whack the bloke as much as you want, it is clear he is in the top 3 of whipping boys this season but to suggest he's been mostly average since 2018 is drawing a rather long bow I reckon

Yep showed the heart of a lion that night and deserves respect for that effort.

I do think he has been mostly average though. There's a reason clubs aren't exactly knocking on the door for him. And as for 2021, well we were pretty average and that 2nd place means as much to me as Dan Jacksons BnF
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #950 on: August 02, 2024, 01:22:34 PM »

I do think he has been mostly average though. There's a reason clubs aren't exactly knocking on the door for him. And as for 2021, well we were pretty average and that 2nd place means as much to me as Dan Jacksons BnF

Just so I am reading it right

You're saying that Dylan Grimes winning in 2021 with the list we had in 2021 is on par with Daniel Jackson's BnF win and the list of that yeae?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #951 on: August 02, 2024, 01:42:04 PM »
Not Grimesy, just Jack's placement. Every year there is a surprise placement and that was certainly 2021s effort with Graham being that high. In no way was he our 2nd best player

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #952 on: August 02, 2024, 01:54:03 PM »
Not Grimesy, just Jack's placement. Every year there is a surprise placement and that was certainly 2021s effort with Graham being that high. In no way was he our 2nd best player

So every other player's place in the 2021 count was right except for Graham's? Have I got that right?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #953 on: August 02, 2024, 02:06:07 PM »
No, you haven't. We're talking about Jacky G. If you truly think he was our 2nd best player that's fair enough. Point was there's always odd placements. He was ok.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #954 on: August 02, 2024, 02:23:34 PM »
No, you haven't. We're talking about Jacky G. If you truly think he was our 2nd best player that's fair enough. Point was there's always odd placements. He was ok.

If the coaches of that year deemed him to be the 2nd best player then who am I to argue? I actually though it was his best season.

You're right there are always placing that leave us doing this  :huh3

I suppose you could say the sane about Short finishing in the top 10 over multiple seasons or KMac finishing equal 9th last year

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #955 on: August 02, 2024, 07:18:59 PM »
Got a bit of mail today that the players aren’t exactly loving him. But I’m happy to let him sit for a few years while we hit the draft.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #956 on: August 02, 2024, 07:31:13 PM »
Players are sooks. They just want to blame someone else for their pooful efforts this year

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #957 on: August 02, 2024, 07:55:45 PM »
Players are sooks. They just want to blame someone else for their pooful efforts this year

Absolutely they are. Those who don't like him can turn off the lights on the way out!

Change is imminent. Get on the bus!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #958 on: August 02, 2024, 08:12:31 PM »
Got a bit of mail today that the players aren’t exactly loving him. But I’m happy to let him sit for a few years while we hit the draft.

It looks and smells fishy whoever wants our clean your locker no one is bigger then the club. Lucky you count the senior plays on one hand who have performed this year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #959 on: August 02, 2024, 08:39:43 PM »

I saw something along those lines somewhere on social media,  might have been x (twitter)

Perhaps some of the favourites of the previous regime have their noses out of joint because no longer favourites  :rollin