Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96189 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #960 on: August 02, 2024, 08:41:19 PM »
Got a bit of mail today that the players aren’t exactly loving him. But I’m happy to let him sit for a few years while we hit the draft.

I saw something along those lines somewhere on social media,  might have been x (twitter)

Perhaps some of the favourites of the previous regime have their noses out of joint because no longer favourites  :rollin

Who tho? Coz they’re all still getting games

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #961 on: August 02, 2024, 08:45:42 PM »
Got a bit of mail today that the players aren’t exactly loving him. But I’m happy to let him sit for a few years while we hit the draft.

I saw something along those lines somewhere on social media,  might have been x (twitter)

Perhaps some of the favourites of the previous regime have their noses out of joint because no longer favourites  :rollin

Who tho? Coz they’re all still getting games

Just because you're getting a game doesn't mean you're still a favourite  ;D

Reckon a lot of got games this year because of our injury list
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #962 on: August 02, 2024, 09:05:40 PM »
The grange that Buckley and Cotch took to his interview process certainly did the trick.
It’s a sea of red ink.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #963 on: August 02, 2024, 10:15:03 PM »
Just hope Shortsteps is one of the unhappy players..... :pray

....though he shouldn't be with the amount of games he's been gifted this year.... :whistle
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #964 on: August 18, 2024, 07:49:36 PM »
Interesting tactics today - let's wait a quarter while we work out the best way to play Hawthorn, until then we'll just wing it in attack, be witches hats in defence and hope we can chase down the 50 point start........innovative stuff.... :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #965 on: August 18, 2024, 07:55:01 PM »
Just hope Shortsteps is one of the unhappy players..... :pray

....though he shouldn't be with the amount of games he's been gifted this year.... :whistle
Or his long probably highly priced contract. What a joke.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #966 on: August 18, 2024, 09:10:28 PM »
Watch the post game press conference.
He’s clearly pretty angry at the players and leaders in particular. He alludes to a lot of turnover with the players this off season too, atleast that’s a positive.

Consider Lynch and Gibcus can stay healthy next year ( not something we should be relying on )
That changes the dynamic of our team. Allows balta to go back and solidify our defence. Gets Miller back in the vfl where he deserves to be imo.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #967 on: August 18, 2024, 09:49:12 PM »
Watched the presser and all i can say is FINALLY!

clearly angry with the insipid effort of the 1st qtr, put the blame squarely on the leaders even admitted giving them a spray

Acknowledged the effort in the 2nd and part of the 3rd but said it didn't matter after what happened on the 1st qtr

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #968 on: August 18, 2024, 10:18:47 PM »

clearly angry with the insipid effort of the 1st qtr, put the blame squarely on the leaders even admitted giving them a spray

Acknowledged the effort in the 2nd and part of the 3rd but said it didn't matter after what happened on the 1st qtr

Ill take a look
haven't watched because have got nothing from this bloke so far
Really like to her his plans and intensions kpis but all I've heard so far is crickets

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #969 on: August 18, 2024, 11:43:25 PM »

Ill take a look
haven't watched because have got nothing from this bloke so far
Really like to her his plans and intensions kpis but all I've heard so far is crickets
He also blamed the media for putting too much pressure on the senior players , discussing whether they are leaving or not.. clear deflecting the facts that he knows he cannot coach

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #970 on: August 19, 2024, 07:03:29 AM »

It appears from listening to what Yze said at the press conference that the players were told during the first quarter to slow it down but still set up at the stoppages for fast football and it was not until the quarter time break did they change that mindset. If that is correct the leaders of the club were not following coaching instructions.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #971 on: August 19, 2024, 07:15:30 AM »
Interesting tactics today - let's wait a quarter while we work out the best way to play Hawthorn, until then we'll just wing it in attack, be witches hats in defence and hope we can chase down the 50 point start........innovative stuff.... :clapping

The Hawthorn game is a clear example of trying to implement a game plan in circumstances where we did not have the cattle capable of implementing it. Fast football requires precision and skill. It played right into the hands of Hawthorn.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #972 on: August 19, 2024, 07:29:48 AM »

:sleep
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #973 on: August 19, 2024, 07:49:32 AM »

He also blamed the media for putting too much pressure on the senior players , discussing whether they are leaving or not.. clear deflecting the facts that he knows he cannot coach

He didn't say that but hey believe what you want to believe to suit your narrative

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #974 on: August 19, 2024, 07:54:34 AM »

He didn't say that but hey believe what you want to believe to suit your narrative

actually he kind of did just not in this presser. What he did say here was correct and that these players are contracted and we should not be talking about them. Baker and Greaham fair enough lets discuss them. Something like this. His last 2 weeks when addressing these stupid questions about contracted players have been correct.

That being said he has had a shocking year in his messaging to fans. I still dont know what he stands for. He needs to step up next year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.