Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 156352 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2010, 01:02:56 AM »
i didnt think kewell moved his arm out any to stop the ball butthat was on a slow-mo reply but if the umpire thought he did then it was always going to be a red card for it.

Kewell was stiff as it was more reflex than deliberate hand-ball but it's always a red card if you're on the goal line and your arm is away from the body when the ball hits it. The disgrace is the Ghana player not getting red as well for his tackle from behind. Studs up sliding into the back of ankle .... hello ref learn the rules :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2010, 01:31:23 AM »
I think the Socceroos just blew their chance to pinch a win. Wilkshire 1-on-1 in the box with just the keeper to beat hits in at the keeper and then follow up by Kennedy is stuffed up  :P.  We're actually playing well now with 10-men. Playing at pace and spreading the ball wide.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2010, 02:54:09 AM »
Australia 1 - 1 Ghana

Kewell and Moore to miss the Serbia game. Cahill comes back in though.

Pts   GD
Ghana     4    +1
Germany 3    +3
Serbia     3     0
Australia  1    -4

Ramps

« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »
The key question is - Will the A League Socceroos Go Winless in this World Cup Campaign?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »
The key question is - Will the A League Socceroos Go Winless in this World Cup Campaign?
Still better than being the stayed at home for 27 years NSL Socceroos  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2010, 01:31:25 PM »
Still better than being the stayed at home for 27 years NSL Socceroos  ;D

thats not a bad comeback from you MT...Ill pay that but if you dont mind, Ill continue to stick the boots in when ever I can  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »
Serbia and Germany will go through. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2010, 08:53:34 PM »
I agree Tucky. No way the Socceroos will score 3 goals against Serbia.

thats not a bad comeback from you MT...Ill pay that but if you dont mind, Ill continue to stick the boots in when ever I can  ;D
;D

Ramps

« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2010, 09:52:48 PM »
Australian supporters disgracing themselves in South Africa - chucking beer bottles and bananas at the Ghanaian players- This is what the FFA calls New Football. Yes it is - New Football not as you know it lol  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2010, 10:02:27 PM »

How many A-Leaguers are there actually in the squad? I have no idea as I don't really follow soccer and have no interest in the world cup. But I am right in assuming there isn't many?  ;D

Or are you referring to the way soccer is now set up and run in Aust now Ramps? You know the FFA's A-League

Serious question - not taking the pee

And yes I think Australia will go winless 

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »

How many A-Leaguers are there actually in the squad? I have no idea as I don't really follow soccer and have no interest in the world cup. But I am right in assuming there isn't many?  ;D

Or are you referring to the way soccer is now set up and run in Aust now Ramps? You know the FFA's A-League

Serious question - not taking the pee

And yes I think Australia will go winless 

Very few A League players or A League developed players are in this squad. The A League clubs have failed in terms of developing the next generation IMHO- thats why this national team is still going, more than half should have retired 4 years ago but didnt  ::) I have issues with how the FFA runs football in this country its amateur hour stuff almost as bad as the NSL. The failure to develop young players is the worst thing they have done!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2010, 03:23:56 AM »
Italy 1 - 1 New Zealand  :gobdrop

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2010, 07:11:43 AM »
How are the true A-League team going in the world cup?  :rollin

Oh that's right, New Zealand, fighting well above their weight.  Good on them.  :cheers

The Socceroos have nothing to do with the A-League, especially when the coach picked pretty much all over the hill players who don't have a club or are coming to their end because he is so bloody conservative.  :banghead

Australian supporters disgracing themselves in South Africa - chucking beer bottles and bananas at the Ghanaian players- This is what the FFA calls New Football. Yes it is - New Football not as you know it lol  :lol

Fifa is to look into reports that plastic bottles were thrown on to the pitch during Australia's World Cup Group D match against Ghana.

Socceroos supporters are reported to have thrown the bottles on to the field at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg as the sides drew 1-1 yesterday. It is understood that none of the bottles struck players, and landed on the athletics track around the pitch.

Where did bananas and beer bottles come from????    :rollin

Could you have a much bigger agenda ramps?  ;D
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
How are the true A-League team going in the world cup?  :rollin

Oh that's right, New Zealand, fighting well above their weight.  Good on them.  :cheers

The Socceroos have nothing to do with the A-League, especially when the coach picked pretty much all over the hill players who don't have a club or are coming to their end because he is so bloody conservative.  :banghead

Australian supporters disgracing themselves in South Africa - chucking beer bottles and bananas at the Ghanaian players- This is what the FFA calls New Football. Yes it is - New Football not as you know it lol  :lol

Fifa is to look into reports that plastic bottles were thrown on to the pitch during Australia's World Cup Group D match against Ghana.

Socceroos supporters are reported to have thrown the bottles on to the field at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg as the sides drew 1-1 yesterday. It is understood that none of the bottles struck players, and landed on the athletics track around the pitch.

Where did bananas and beer bottles come from????    :rollin

Could you have a much bigger agenda ramps?  ;D

Plastic Bottles had beer in them = Beer Bottles for mine, Bananas story is that 2 bananas were thrown onto the field also - dont know myself - I didnt see it, just a rumour anyway its disgraceful conduct and yes I have a bigger agenda. I will soon change my nic to a new nic to reflect this agenda. A Richmond Flag, South Melbourne taking over Australian Soccer and Wogs taking over Richmond. Now thats an agenda, and when Im through doing that, Ill start my campaign to get rid of Federal Labor who are the worst government in Australian Political History, people in past slammed poor Gough Whitlams government, atleast Goughs government left us Medicare! Just a normal week in the forums and in life lol  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/world-cup-2010/ffa-denounces-world-cup-yobs/story-fn5cbbvw-1225882038199

The FFA has condemned the boorishness of Australian fans who peppered Royal Bakofeng Stadium with beer bottles during the Socceroos' controversial 1-1 draw with Ghana.

In a major embarrasment that some supporters fear will jeopardise our $45 million 2022 World Cup bid, two spearate volleys of about a dozen bottles were hurled on the pitch in protest at referee Roberto Rosetti's dubious calls.

There was also a physical altercation between two Australian males immediately after full-time, as well as reports of racial taunting toward Ghanian supporters.

The majority of projectiles were launched by a section of green and gold-clad fans in the upper western tier, with some hitting spectators below and another narrowly missing a ballboy.

The incident was the first of its kind at this tournament, leaving the majority of Australians appalled at the impression it might leave upon the rest of the world.

"We don't condone that sort of behaviour at any stage - no matter how frustrating the game may be," FFA spokesman Rod Allen said.

"We would urge all fans to be on their best behaviour. The FFA has worked very hard to stamp out anti-social behaviour and we'd expect our fans to do the right thing when travelling overseas.

"It's very unusual behaviour for Australian fans and we hope it would be a one-off."

David Gilbert, a doctor from Melbourne, described the scenes as "disgraceful".

"It was terrible, absolutely disgraceful behaviour and it made me ashamed to be honest," Mr Gilbert said. "I was embarrassed that people would throw full beers that could injure others."

Female fan Penny McElhinney from Sydney was also left red-faced.

"There was a mother who had to shield her child right in front of me," Ms McElhinney said.

"It was disgraceful because we're on show to the rest of the world and we're trying to have this tournament hosted in Australia."

But another supporter, Matt Hooper, sympathised with the extreme frustration that led to the bottles being thrown.

"We were seated in the same area as the bottles were being thrown, and there was plenty of angry people," the Brisbane 23-year-old said.

"I can sort of understand why it happened, although it's not a great look.

"I'm here with eight mates and most of them are rugby league fans that we convinced to come to Africa and support the Socceroos. That referee let the Australian public down.

"It's no wonder people acted like that, because how's the Australian public meant to get behind football when we keep copping decisions like that."

News Ltd reporters also witnessed a disagreement between two Australian men just after the final whistle, which threatened to turn nasty until calmer heads prevailed.

Another supporter, who did not wish to be named, alleged that Ghanian fans were called "black c...." by a group of Australians while celebrating the Socceroos' first goal of the tournament.