Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 157923 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2010, 11:40:08 PM »
Portugal killed it tonight crushing north korea 7-0.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »
Portugal killed it tonight crushing north korea 7-0.

I'd love to see what result the Dear Leader tells the North Korean public about this one. Maybe a gritty 1-0 win  :lol

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: June 22, 2010, 12:09:34 AM »
the commentator said the game was being broad casted live into north korea for the first time this world cup. so i expect theres not much he can do for them on this one. besides maybe send them to the firing squad./

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #378 on: June 22, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
North Koreans will need the electricity turned on first for their tellies to work  ;)

Maybe a coincidence that its a southern hemisphere world cup but all five South American countries are looking very strong and will make the final 16.

LOL @ France imploding big time. Karma!  :thumbsup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2010, 02:22:34 AM »
Uruguay and Mexico through to the final 16. South Africa and France out. SA the first host nation to fail to make it out of the group stage.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
SBS saying Holman is out and Cahill in and Beauchamp in for Moore. No surprise Timmy is back but as much as Holman has his critics he has kicked our last two goals.

Might add digital tv is great for the WC right now with SBS showing games on simultaneously on their separate digital channels. Will come in handy tomorrow morning.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #381 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:17 AM »
Lucky Schwarzer has saved our bacon 3 times or we'd be heading for a flogging. Ghana nil all with Germany so unless Ghana can pinch a goal to win their game our game won't matter anyway. I can't see us scoring 3 or 4 goals we need.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2010, 06:05:17 AM »
Great goals by Cahill and Holman  :thumbsup. Still need two more unless Germany can get another one or two against Ghana  :pray.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2010, 06:12:48 AM »
Damn Serbia scored. No chance now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2010, 06:33:59 AM »
Good win by the Aussies in the end so at least we go home with our heads held up high equalling a win and a draw of 2006. The German disaster stuffed us up in the end. Too much of a goal difference to catch up.

Ramps

« Reply #385 on: June 24, 2010, 10:33:27 AM »
Serbs were cheated. One goal that was a clear goal and a clear penalty. The Serbs and not Ghana should have gone through!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #386 on: June 24, 2010, 03:19:49 PM »
Serbs were cheated. One goal that was a clear goal and a clear penalty. The Serbs and not Ghana should have gone through!
Fishing again Ramps  :rollin. Got to stick up for your Orthodox comrades  :wallywink.

Serbs only have themselves to blame for missing 3 good chances in the first half. Socceroos pantsed them in the second half.

I was right too about Heskey. Dumped for DeFoe who scores and the Poms get through. God Save the Queen  ;D. Match of the round of 16 against Germany. At least England finally played with a bit of oomph, togetherness and quick ball movement. Milner was b.o.g. on the right wing. Still it's a concern the Poms could only score one goal.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2010, 04:49:36 PM »
One thing you can say about the serbs and their Balkan mates is that they crack under pressure.

Far superior technically, but didn't have the ticker.

Ramps

« Reply #388 on: June 24, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
Fishing again Ramps  :rollin. Got to stick up for your Orthodox comrades  :wallywink.

Serbs only have themselves to blame for missing 3 good chances in the first half. Socceroos pantsed them in the second half.

I was right too about Heskey. Dumped for DeFoe who scores and the Poms get through. God Save the Queen  ;D. Match of the round of 16 against Germany. At least England finally played with a bit of oomph, togetherness and quick ball movement. Milner was b.o.g. on the right wing. Still it's a concern the Poms could only score one goal.

I dont fish I just buy it. I stick up for all christians irrespective of there religious affiliation, although I do support fellow Christian Orthodox brethren who are recognised by the Orthodox Church as being recognised. Its Brazils Cup for mine, but the Italians may do diving con jobs in games and cause some serious damage.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2010, 05:29:08 PM »
Fishing again Ramps  :rollin. Got to stick up for your Orthodox comrades  :wallywink.

I was right too about Heskey. Dumped for DeFoe who scores and the Poms get through. God Save the Queen  ;D. Match of the round of 16 against Germany. At least England finally played with a bit of oomph, togetherness and quick ball movement. Milner was b.o.g. on the right wing. Still it's a concern the Poms could only score one goal.

I dont fish I just buy it. I stick up for all christians irrespective of there religious affiliation, although I do support fellow Christian Orthodox brethren who are recognised by the Orthodox Church as being recognised. Its Brazils Cup for mine, but the Italians may do diving con jobs in games and cause some serious damage.
If I had a roughie at this stage to make the semis it would be the US. They play very direct physical football and have pace to burn with players like Donovan and Bradley running of the big man Altidore. Its simple stuff but quite effective.

In that half of the draw I think they would beat Ghana and then play the winner of England/Germany, neither of whom are going great guns (can never rule out the efficient Germans though)

Edit: fixed quoting
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:04:30 PM by one-eyed »