Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 156358 times)

Gigantor

Re: Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #570 on: November 27, 2012, 06:46:05 AM »
you'd bail out on jacko just like that?
what would you do if jacko kicked the winning goal in a grand final for us one day?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #571 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:01 AM »
Only in Bojangles17's fantasy world does Dan Jackson ever kick the winning goal in a GF

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #572 on: November 28, 2012, 02:26:23 AM »
bit early i know but is anyone heading over to Brazil?

Last chance for me until i extend the family further, and lets face it who wants to go to russia or the middle east WCups.

Not a keen lover of Soccer but just wont have the same effect if Australia dont make it.

For guys in the know how many more matches left to play. I hear the Jordon game may clinch it.
There are four qualifiers left to go in this round of qualifying with three of them home games for the Socceroos. If the Aussies finish in the top 2 of their group then they earn an automatic qualifying spot and are off to Brazil in 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_AFC_Fourth_Round#Group_B
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #573 on: December 05, 2012, 03:17:58 AM »
bit early i know but is anyone heading over to Brazil?

Last chance for me until i extend the family further, and lets face it who wants to go to russia or the middle east WCups.

Not a keen lover of Soccer but just wont have the same effect if Australia dont make it.

For guys in the know how many more matches left to play. I hear the Jordon game may clinch it.

Aye buy u a beer there princess.

Reckon it'd stiil be worth it if aust don't make it

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #574 on: March 14, 2013, 02:01:38 PM »
The Times fell for the hoax story about a dream league put together before the Qatar world cup but it would be cool if there was such a league.

Britain's Times newspaper has launched a spirited defence of its story that Qatar is to launch a "Dream Football League" after a French website said the scoop was based on its own and that the paper had been the victim of a hoax.

The Qatar Football Association denied having any involvement in such a league.

Les Cahiers du Football (www.cahiersdufootball.net) said it published the fake report by "Agence Transe Presse" on Monday, saying that 2022 World Cup hosts Qatar would launch the money-spinning league involving Europe's leading clubs by 2015.

The website's report contained quotes from Bonnie Pascal-Fasse - for French readers an obvious play on words on French political scientist Pascal Boniface - saying that soccer was not just "a diplomatic tool" but an "end in itself".

"It all came out of my imagination," Jerome Latta, the editor of Les Cahiers du Football told Reuters. "But the fact that it made its way to the mainstream press is quite significant."

The Qatar Football Association also issued a statement saying: "With regard to the story published in today's edition of The Times newspaper concerning a 'Dreams Football League,' the Qatar Football Association and other Qatari football entities can categorically confirm that we have no involvement in any such initiative and has heard nothing to suggest such a concept is genuine."

The supposed 24-team league, featuring 16 permanent sides including Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Paris St Germain as well as eight "invitees", would be played in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and United Arab Emirates.

The ssissy French website report said players, who would earn three to four times what they currently earn, would live on artificial peninsulas where "laws and morals of the continent" would not exist.

It also said that the games would be visible by hologram in the "local stadiums" in Europe, adding that the roars of fans sitting at Old Trafford would be heard in the Gulf stadium where a United game would be played - this being possible as of 2016 thanks to the "Qatar Technologies Institute".

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/times-defends-qatar-dream-league-story-after-media-storm_sto3664757/story.shtml

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #575 on: March 15, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
I've heard FIFA are considering allowing Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup in the northern hemisphere winter to avoid the 40-50 degree temperatures of the Qatari summer. Not only would that mean all the major European leagues would have to take a at least month long midseason break but it's totally unfair on the other countries like Australia who all bid based on the World Cup only being allowed to be held during the European summer. We wouldn't have had to go through all the footy codes fighting over stadia if we were allowed the flexibility to host it sometime between October and March.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #576 on: March 15, 2013, 01:24:40 AM »
I've heard FIFA are considering allowing Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup in the northern hemisphere winter to avoid the 40-50 degree temperatures of the Qatari summer. Not only would that mean all the major European leagues would have to take a at least month long midseason break but it's totally unfair on the other countries like Australia who all bid based on the World Cup only being allowed to be held during the European summer. We wouldn't have had to go through all the footy codes fighting over stadia if we were allowed the flexibility to host it sometime between October and March.

I don't think AFL arguing over stadium availabilities is what costed us our bid for the WC.

gerkin greg

« Reply #577 on: March 15, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
Agree. When you are a country that plays in competitions alongside the likes of Guam and Chinese Taipei and can't beat world superpowers like Jordan and Oman then you start to get the picture about where we sit in FIFA's thought process ie is that a clump of toilet paper stuck in my ass hairs or is that a dangleberry, no matter i'll wash it off later  ::)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2013, 05:01:02 PM »
world cup qualifier against Oman is live on sbs tomorrow(Tues) night.

dwaino

« Reply #579 on: March 25, 2013, 10:39:56 PM »
Good bloke is Omar.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #580 on: March 26, 2013, 09:03:48 AM »
Going to the game tonight and living it up in a corporate box thanks to an invite from a company I deal with.  :thumbsup
Must win game for the Socceroos.

gerkin greg

« Reply #581 on: March 26, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »
I'll be there too, sans collared shirt and free pee

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #582 on: March 26, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »
I'll be there too, sans collared shirt and free pee
Yeah gerks I'll have to keep up appearances and don the Monkey suit. Hope its a good night for us all.  :thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #583 on: March 26, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »
I just tuned in 11 minutes into the game and Oman already 0 -1 up.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #584 on: March 26, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »
I just tuned in 11 minutes into the game and Oman already 0 -1 up.

Are you sure it's live on SBS  :huh

Following the scores on twitter and they were saying 15 odd minutes ago it was nearly half time?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)