Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 158521 times)

tony_montana

Re: Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #1005 on: September 08, 2016, 12:44:52 AM »
pfft he'll play till hes 45 - come on for 5 mins bang gol  8)

dwaino

« Reply #1006 on: September 08, 2016, 11:47:35 PM »
Keep dragging him out Weekend at Bernie's style.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1007 on: September 18, 2016, 12:09:06 AM »
Agree with that summation dwaino. Milligan is a gun whether it be in midfield or as a ball playing CB, reads the game so well. Its pretty much horses for courses. Depending on the opposition - If we go back to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 then Milligan partners Jedinak in defensive midfield and Spiranovic comes into central defence. I got the feeling that we looked a little scratchy, our ball control wasnt crisp, I lost count of the amount of time our players couldnt seem to shield the ball, the Iraqis seemed to get a spoiling foot in so often. Good signs overall though.

UAE beating japan in japan is a huge result, dangerous opponent.

Was thinking the same regarding the formation after I wrote it. Probably didn't see the need to play two lumbering CBs against a quicker and more aggressive Iraq. I don't mind playing narrow, our mids are class and were chopping up defenses but thought the post game analysis made a great point, for whatever reason our full backs weren't pushing up. Whether that's work rate or instruction, too often our last pass into the final third as wasted when there were paddocks for our full backs to run into and send it wide and retaining possession instead of turning it over like we were.

Don't know about you as you've been into it a lot longer than me but I'm pretty bullish about this team and our future as a football country. We have a lot of players in strong leagues now and some genuine class. Obviously still don't hold a candle to the heavy weights but we have some really classy players now even to the bench.

Hopefully just some cobwebs since most of the guys haven't been playing. I reckon Japan have lost their mojo of late. They weren't that convincing last WC, looked to be doing it tough in the Asian Cup (granted Kagawa would have made a massive difference though) and now towelled up by UAE. Not taking anything away from UAE at all but hopefully them having to travel back from Japan to play as well will even it out a bit. Our toughest challenge will be complacency which IMO we are still prone too.

Leckie is bossing bayern m currently
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1008 on: September 18, 2016, 12:16:29 AM »
Half time

Mighty fc ingolstadt 04

Bm 1
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #1009 on: October 11, 2016, 02:04:15 PM »
Big game tonight against japan, win it and you could just about say we're almost home. A loss brings us right back to the pack.

Reckon it will be a belter although I am a bit concerned with how our defensive structure has looked in recent games

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1010 on: October 11, 2016, 02:06:06 PM »
Japs are scary - kagawa Honda

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1011 on: October 11, 2016, 02:09:34 PM »
Godzilla.

dwaino

« Reply #1012 on: October 11, 2016, 04:33:47 PM »
The Fox crew the other night echoed what I have been saying about Japan not being in great form, but the big thing tonight is they've already dropped a game and will be hungry.

Is Kagawa playing? Has been off the bench a few times already for Dortmund so I don't think he is fully tuned up but he will be deadly with Honda and Endo (assuming they're playing too). Hope our back 4 are ready because I can see those guys splitting them.

dwaino

« Reply #1013 on: October 11, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »
Right back? What right back? We don't have no right back!

dwaino

« Reply #1014 on: October 11, 2016, 08:11:05 PM »
We look shagged.

tony_montana

« Reply #1015 on: October 11, 2016, 08:43:48 PM »
Yep pathetic defending  and looking clueless as the japs park the bus and look to pick us off on the break. Ange needs to tell sainsbury he's not beckenbauer and start playing simple balls - muppet

tony_montana

« Reply #1016 on: October 11, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »
Giannou and Juric in the same side? Never again. Need more mobility up front against this mob

dwaino

« Reply #1017 on: October 11, 2016, 08:55:53 PM »
Need to attack those Japanese banks, break them up. Our best chance is on the counter yet the few chances we had we stalled the attack. Ange obsessed playing narrow but it's not going to happen today.

dwaino

« Reply #1018 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:38 PM »
I've played so much FIFA and football manager that Bosnich and Aloisi are just repeating everything I say. Do you think Fox would accept my credentials?

tony_montana

« Reply #1019 on: October 11, 2016, 09:04:48 PM »
They have nothing on your special comments   :cheers

Switch to a 4-3-3 bring on Leckie and kruse players that can run and interchange to break them up, also doesn't hurt to play a few long balls over the top as they are squeezing space, they'll start second guessing and gaps will start appearing

Or plan B - bring on Timmy