Author Topic: Best 23 in 2024?  (Read 12401 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Best 23 in 2024?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2023, 12:35:44 PM »
My guess is Gibcus is finished and will probably end up suing Luke Meehan and the club.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2023, 01:07:44 PM »
Your club's best 22 in 2024: Who's in, who's out, who's new

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
25 October 2023

A fairly quiet Trade Period for the Tigers means minimal ins for the start of the 2024 campaign, although Tom Lynch will be like a new recruit – and a very good one at that – after missing most of this season due to injury. The retirement of Jack Riewoldt means Jacob Koschitzke should come into the best 22, while the return of Josh Gibcus from injury will also be a welcome boost down back. The loss of Ivan Soldo to Port Adelaide will put even more responsibility on Toby Nankervis and young tall Samson Ryan, although ruck reinforcements could be on the way over summer. Despite the exits of Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin, Richmond's top-end talent is still the envy of most clubs and the Tigers will rely heavily on the likes of Dustin Martin, Shai Bolton and Tim Taranto to lift them back into finals in 2024.

B: Noah Balta, Dylan Grimes, Josh Gibcus

HB: Jayden Short, Nick Vlastuin, Daniel Rioli

C: Marlion Pickett, Tim Taranto, Jack Ross

HF: Shai Bolton, Liam Baker, Jack Graham

F: Jacob Koschitzke, Tom Lynch, Dustin Martin

Foll: Toby Nankervis, Dion Prestia, Jacob Hopper

I/C: Nathan Broad, Samson Ryan, Kamdyn McIntosh, Thomson Dow

Emerg: Tylar Young, Noah Cumberland, Maurice Rioli jnr, Sam Banks

*players in italics are new to the club

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1057038/your-clubs-best-22-in-2024-whos-in-whos-out-whos-new

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2023, 01:13:27 PM »
Young is the new Astbury.
Balta the new Rance (Kmart)
Brown potentially the new Grimes?

Gibcus could be something we haven't had before like a Lever-type or maybe he could go back and Balta could go forward.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2023, 04:10:06 PM »
It's a new era at Punt Road, but with many of the same faces on the field. What can Adem Yze get out of the Tigers in 2024?

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1717043310332883297

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2023, 06:58:20 PM »
It's a new era at Punt Road, but with many of the same faces on the field. What can Adem Yze get out of the Tigers in 2024?

Gunna be a boring old year if thats the regular team.

Same old same olds with a pile of very ordinary non deserving favorites playing regularly  with almost no kids getting a game.
No evolving with that team but wait we are gunna win the flag lol.

Sheesh i think the rugby league is looked better and better.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2023, 07:07:37 PM »
Take our KMac, Pickett, MRJ and Graham.

Insert Young, Brown, Coulthard/Clarke, Bauer.

Clarke probably sub

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2023, 10:53:00 PM »
So clearly no one thinks the new coach can get anything or is only going to get very little out of the current group

It would appear that despite a new voice there's not the slightest possibility blokes can actually improve

And Heaven forbid a new coach might play blokes in their best positions

Am I the only person who's going to give the new bloke a chance to get the absolute best out of our players?

Would think (hope) every bloke starts with a clean slate under a new coach.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2023, 10:56:41 PM »
Of course, WP. Things can change, blokes can improve. Young fellas could and hopefully will be given a bit more of a go.

I just reckon a lot of people have seen some players for so long and are craving new faces. In some cases I can't blame them.

It will be most welcome to see the likes of Pickett playing wing/mid and not near the forward line again under the new coach
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2023, 11:20:26 PM »
Similar to how even with back to back premiers, teams don’t field the same 22 players in consecutive GFs we’re gonna be in for a surprise for better or worse with our best 22.

I think we can all agree the drop in form from prestia caught everyone off and similarly speaking the e were all pleasantly surprised how good Balta was when he had that purple patch in the first half of the year.

I’m hoping we get some good surprise packets from our 2021 draft crop and hopefully our veterans don’t drop off too much. It’d be a dream if we could get into the finals and watch oppositions poo themselves if we bring in a fit dusty

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2023, 12:46:31 PM »

Gunna be a boring old year if thats the regular team.

Same old same olds with a pile of very ordinary non deserving favorites playing regularly  with almost no kids getting a game.
No evolving with that team but wait we are gunna win the flag lol.

Sheesh i think the rugby league is looked better and better.

I would rather see D Rioli forward and Jack Graham forward is a no. 
Pickett & Macintosh have been great servants but its time for a more youthful team so Banks and Clarke or Down come in.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2023, 03:02:24 PM »
I think both half forward flanks should be filled with Bolton and Martin and of course they rotate with hopper and Taranto. Both players are wasted planted as forward pockets especially when the ball never ends up down there

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2023, 04:12:17 PM »
Sort of agree but need to improve defensively, Dusty is hard to beat one on one in the pocket
if others want to take Pickets and Maca’s spot they need to get their fitness levels to elite

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2023, 04:15:47 PM »
I think both half forward flanks should be filled with Bolton and Martin and of course they rotate with hopper and Taranto. Both players are wasted planted as forward pockets especially when the ball never ends up down there

The high half forwards need to be elite running machines - neither of those guys are that. That's why Graham gets a gig there, no other reason, we all know he isn't there for his kicking or goal sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2023, 07:20:18 PM »
The high half forward also needs to be an elite kick when you don’t have a lynch or curnow type kpf in your forward line. That’s my preference for them there but I agree their lack of elite running ability means the ball can slingshot out extremely fast if we turn it over

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2023, 07:54:47 PM »
The high half forward also needs to be an elite kick when you don’t have a lynch or curnow type kpf in your forward line. That’s my preference for them there but I agree their lack of elite running ability means the ball can slingshot out extremely fast if we turn it over

That's why Moir is only kid I'm still vaguely interested in us drafting at this point...with stress on "vaguely"...big chance he'll just be another Harrison Wigg...also rated the best kick of his draft , never played a senior game and delisted twice..,,Moir though at least has the edge of being taller, quicker, better in the air and genuinely dual-sided... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.