Author Topic: Best 23 in 2024?  (Read 12402 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Best 23 in 2024?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2023, 12:20:53 PM »
Wasn’t Ben Lennon the most elite kick in his draft year?

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2023, 09:54:56 PM »
Wasn’t Ben Lennon the most elite kick in his draft year?
1 of, ditto C.Ellis.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2023, 12:15:33 AM »
CEllis certainly wasn't rated as a good kick...surely? Lennon was a legitimately good kick
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2023, 02:18:43 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2023, 01:27:23 AM »
ON-BALL ANALYSIS: THE STARTING MIDFIELD GROUPS

Andrew Slevison
SEN
25 November 2023

How strong is your club’s midfield group heading into 2024?

You can’t win anything in footy without a quality on-ball unit, so we’ve analysed the starting midfields for all 18 clubs.

We’ve named the six players that will start in the positions of ruck, ruck rover, rover, centre and wings.

Below each group is an analysis and explanation of the group and how they may fare next season.

Note: Players with long-term injuries have been left out of these groups.

On-ball: Toby Nankervis, TimTaranto, Jacob Hopper, Dion Prestia

Wings: Jack Ross, Kamdyn McIntosh

Richmond’s midfield unit is fairly set from a starting viewpoint.

Co-captain Toby Nankervis is the undisputed number one ruckman while reigning best and fairest Tim Taranto and his former GWS colleague Jacob Hopper

Dustin Martin and Shai Bolton are the ones that provide extra depth and grunt by starting in place of Hopper if Adem Yze chooses to go that way.

Jack Ross was effective on the wing under Andrew McQualter in the second half of last season while Kamdyn McIntosh plays a team-first role and is good for defensive protection.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/11/25/on-ball-analysis-the-starting-midfield-groups-for-all-18-clubs/

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2023, 09:40:53 AM »
We need pace and skill on our wings.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2023, 10:38:16 AM »
Hopper and Prestia would need to alternate. We can't have both in the centre at the same time. Makes our midfield one paced and too slow. Shai would need to one of the three along with Taranto.

As for the wings, I can't see us going with the same as this year especially under a new coach.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2023, 12:30:57 PM »
Excited to see how they all go under the new coach especially Dusty, Cumberland and Sonsie.
Newman and Ziebel also hopefully great coaching additions.

Plus Gibcus and Lynch in will make a huge difference.

I think we have reasonable midfield options and you would think a couple of our new crop should step up, and, excluding too many injuries I think we can go ok!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 04:11:00 PM by MintOnLamb »

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2023, 09:45:29 PM »
Hopper and Prestia would need to alternate. We can't have both in the centre at the same time. Makes our midfield one paced and too slow. Shai would need to one of the three along with Taranto.

As for the wings, I can't see us going with the same as this year especially under a new coach.

I would move Hopper and play him as a high HFF, like Josh Caddy. We miss that hit up option and he’s a lovely kick. Yes, a lovely kick. Well, kind of.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2023, 10:50:45 PM »

I would move Hopper and play him as a high HFF, like Josh Caddy. We miss that hit up option and he’s a lovely kick. Yes, a lovely kick. Well, kind of.
I think he played that role at GWS.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2023, 11:19:41 PM »
CEllis certainly wasn't rated as a good kick...surely?

"Mr. 49%"  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2023, 10:20:06 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy7pW25rE8q/

Grimes, Graham, Pickett, McIntosh, Ross, Miller, Ralphsmit, Mansell, Young, Pickett all played 13 plus games this year and i don't have any of them in our starting 22. No place for MRJ either he played 10 games last year no more gifts he needs to prove he deserves a game.

Still firmly believe Bolton and Martin have to be starting mids who spend a little bit of time fwd as part of rotations.
Firmly believe we need pace and skill on the wings and think we should try Rioli and Banks there for starters.

Also believe kids in Clarke, Sonsie, Brown Banks have been around long enough and its time to give them first crack.
Also think one of Coulthard at age 22 and Cumberland need to be played. After these two Smith and Tresize. Smith if he can get fit i like a lot and i also like the glimpses Campbell has given and actually would play him as a genuine mid who can start fwd.

Team for me

FB: Bauer - Balta - Vlastuin

HB:Brown - Gibcus - Broad

C: Rioli - Martin - Banks

R: Nankervis - Taranto - Bolton

HF: Clarke - Koschitzke - Cumberland/Coulthard

FF: Campbell - Lynch - Ryan

Int: Hopper - Prestia - Baker - Sonsie - Short.

In short we are not winning any flags for a little while so it is well past time to see what the younger blokes have to offer as a team.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2023, 08:58:45 PM »
AFL predicted Rd 1 teams

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
November 27th, 2023

RICHMOND

B: Noah Balta, Dylan Grimes, Nick Vlastuin

HB: Jayden Short, Nathan Broad, Daniel Rioli

C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Jack Ross

HF: Liam Baker, Jacob Koschitzke, Dustin Martin

F: Jack Graham, Tom Lynch, Shai Bolton

FOLL: Toby Nankervis, Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper

I/C: Josh Gibcus, Marlion Pickett, Maurice Rioli Jnr, Sam Banks, Jacob Bauer (sub)

(Italics = new player)

Key off-season ins: Jacob Koschitzke

Key off-season outs: Trent Cotchin, Jack Riewoldt, Ivan Soldo, Jason Castagna, Robbie Tarrant

Missing:

WE SAY:
Another club that wasn’t a big player in the draft nor the off-season at large ahead of Adem Yze’s first season at the helm. Jacob Koschitzke was their only trade period addition, while Tom Lynch’s return will clearly provide a huge boost after his 2023 was ruined by injury, though the availability of both he and Josh Gibcus remains up in the air. If Gibcus is right to go, the Tigers will have quite a few defensive options and it could tempt the new coach to swing either Gibcus or Noah Balta forward. Draftee Kane McAuliffe might be an option if Yze wants a bigger-bodied mid, though you sense he’s down the pecking order. How Yze puts his own print on this team will be fascinating as one of the big wildcards of next year.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-best-23s-for-round-1-in-2024-after-draft-predicted-lineups-ins-and-outs-recruits-trade-period-signings-injuries-analysis/news-story/16c2e35667115ca33e32b4e0e4e0dbd5

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2023, 10:42:06 PM »
If that Ben Cotton team is our R1 side I'll be very disappointed.

Kmac, Graham, Pickett and MRJ are all lucky to be there.

Grimes too even, bar his runs on the board.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2023, 11:51:55 PM »
2km time trials today

1st timmy T. 2nd Jack Graham. 3rd kamdyn

Unless someone improves drastically over the next few months i guess kamdyn isn’t being dislodged off a wing