Author Topic: 2024 AFL draft  (Read 31206 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2024 AFL draft
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2024, 01:01:47 PM »
Jagar smith in the sam walsh mode? He seems to get a lot of the pill as does Walsh.

I rate Walsh pretty highly

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2024, 01:07:03 PM »
Let's find a way to get FOS,Lalor, Reid & Armstrong

fixed.. :shh

I'm sure you'd know better than me!

I'm actually excited about the draft for a change, after years of crappy picks bar Gibcus.

There's about 20 top 10 players this year and 30-40 top 20....we'll get a few good players and we'll miss a few too...we might miss the best player in the draft because we won't really know who that is until they actually start playing AFL for premiership points and probably not for a year or two because there's no Harley Reid this year ...but we *should* get more good players than anyone else.... :shh

Jagar smith in the sam walsh mode? He seems to get a lot of the pill as does Walsh.

More a Lachie Neale type to me - the type that wins Brownlows but not always premierships....depends on who you get around him....like how Tom Mitchell had Daicos, De Goey , Sidebottom & Pendlebury, while Neale had Dunkley, Zorko, McCluggage & Berry...  :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline PremiershipClock

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2024, 01:14:37 PM »
Chris Masten

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2024, 01:17:55 PM »
Chris Masten

Ha! Still remember a couple of prominent posters on BF & PRE who wanted him with pick 2, one of whom threw quite the hissy fit when we took Cotchin instead.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: September 02, 2024, 05:59:49 PM »
For me Sid Draper at 1 this kid looks a real beaut. Hoping like mad one of Lalor or Smillie get to pick 6. Armstrong at 9 or 12 don't think he will get past 12.
Really like the look of Travaglia be a great replace for Rioli. So that for now would be my top 4 picks given we actually end up with those picks

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #305 on: September 02, 2024, 06:02:13 PM »
In Jagga we trust... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2024, 06:23:59 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYMMg76Mg84

This was a fascinating watch as Jagga had to fight through a hard tag all game.  Bottom ager Felix Kneipp got the job which he stuck to with discipline, working extra hard at stoppage to scrag and block Jagga's run and sticking with him as best he could on the spread.  Jagga got frustrated at times, giving away a few retaliatory free kicks, but he mostly stuck at it and worked extra hard to break free which he managed at key moments, especially in the second half where he kicked a goal and played a role in a couple of other scoring chains.

Footy Stuff Player Profile:
Jagga Smith - 181cm midfielder. A little whippet who belies his size with some serious inside ball winning ability. Similar to Sid Draper with his inside/outside game, burst of speed and the endurance to find space and link the play. He’s one of the oldest in the draft pool with a January birthday, and turned in an excellent, mature bottom aged campaign averaging 28 touches for the Chargers in season 2023.  Needs to continue to work on his kicking and his defensive efforts.

24 & a goal with a hard tag -albeit from a bottom ager- is pretty good going it has to be said.... :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2024, 07:23:38 AM »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: September 03, 2024, 08:50:23 PM »

Geez hes a good player but  for me no thanks not at pick 1.

There are players there in the same ball park atm who project a higher upside than him imo.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2024, 05:01:13 PM »

Geez hes a good player but  for me no thanks not at pick 1.

There are players there in the same ball park atm who project a higher upside than him imo.

Care to share your preferences, Claw.

Will we bid for Ashcroft at number 1?
Personally rate O'Sullivan as higher upside, particularly footy smarts.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #310 on: September 04, 2024, 10:39:17 PM »
For me Sid Draper at 1 this kid looks a real beaut. Hoping like mad one of Lalor or Smillie get to pick 6. Armstrong at 9 or 12 don't think he will get past 12.
Really like the look of Travaglia be a great replace for Rioli. So that for now would be my top 4 picks given we actually end up with those picks

I agree entirely.

Draper is going under radar because he isn't from the Vic Metro and Country mega pool. He is an absolute jet and looking like a genuine star at SANFL already. I think Draper at 1 is a chance.

Id like a big body of Lalor Smillie or Langford with Pick 6.

Agree that any one of the two big boys must be pick 9, can't risk them being there at 12. Unless Murphy Reid has slipped or even Lalor. Smillie and Langford won't be there at 9.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: September 04, 2024, 10:56:34 PM »
FOS, Lalor & Murphy for me....Cooper Hynes later....Smillie's a boom or bust for me....won't be a Cripps or Bont unless he improves his running and learns to keep his feet but if slides to the teens or 20's you'd be mad not to take the punt....as for talls there's plenty of options if we miss Armstrong....Faull (club likes him apparently), Simms, Whitlock twins, Gerryn (Ruck/FWD) Tauru(KPD).....Nicholls later on....Hotton for "X-factor" (would probably be rated top 5 but for injuries)... Berry small forward or Hannaford who should still be on the board later on...... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #313 on: September 05, 2024, 08:05:37 PM »
Richmond don’t see a major red flag for Finn O’Sullivan and his current injury record.

Obviously it’s not great, but the club don’t see a major concern for it.

https://x.com/CameronHicks__/status/1831182271363088509

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2024, 04:15:29 AM »
Draper looks very good