Author Topic: 2024 AFL draft  (Read 44302 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: 2024 AFL draft
« Reply #450 on: October 06, 2024, 07:52:22 PM »
Joel Cochran (Swans Academy) ran a 6:05 to take out the draft combine 2km, just ahead of Tobie Travaglia and Hamish Davis in the quickest group.

Langford, Smith & O’Sullivan all finished around the 6:25 mark.

Warm and windy afternoon #AFLDraft

https://x.com/Jasperc53/status/1842096795440025739
2 km pfft I am more interested in 10, 20 and 30m sprints

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2024, 09:38:34 PM »
Joel Cochran (Swans Academy) ran a 6:05 to take out the draft combine 2km, just ahead of Tobie Travaglia and Hamish Davis in the quickest group.

Langford, Smith & O’Sullivan all finished around the 6:25 mark.

Warm and windy afternoon #AFLDraft

https://x.com/Jasperc53/status/1842096795440025739
2 km pfft I am more interested in 10, 20 and 30m sprints

No doubt Slowford has the highest top speed and is the quickest player in the AFL over 80 metres.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2024, 12:07:47 AM »
We do not want slow mids we have more than enough already.

Pace and power for me.  two stand out and i have said it right thru. Sam Lalor and Sid Draper. If we miss on Lalor then  Josh Smillie. We miss on Draper then FOS or Jagga. two of these players will be available at 1 and 6 but which one will it be at 6.

Taj Hotton is a good replacement for Bolton very good mid and a polished forward he is a genuine top 20 pick and he has  pace.

Travaglia will be a step too far we just won't have the picks but what a great replacement for Dan Rioli or we can plonk him on a wing. Pace again.

If we dont go for Travaglia then i think Armstrong is the best kpf in the draft. My concern is he is a big lad and a knock could be he is beating up on smaller players. I dont see it. I admit i have not seen a lot.
Xavier Lindsay very good ball user good run and yes he has pace. I would look to play him on a wing. should be available in the teens somewhere.
Angus Clarke a nice sized medium defender with run ball use and pace if we dont go for Travaglia. Harrison Oliver would also make a nice Rioli replacement he has very good foot skills and he can run as well as defend. Probably get a crack at one of them with an early twenties pick.

Last one a good chance that Hamish davis is taken before bo Allan he has gone under most peoples radar. nice height at 190cm and is a very good mover and runner who can kick goals sort of a mid/fwd utility type.

To get a crack at Lalor and one of the other mids i mentioned we definately need pick 6 or better.

Freos pick 9 could end up pick 13 Armstrong may be gone so we need another pick top 10.

Hotton should be about at pick 16.

Just think if,  its a damn  big if we could get say Lalor at 1, and one of Jagga, Draper, Fos, Smillie at 6 we will be well on the way with mids.
Armstrong with one of the freo picks. Lindsay the baker pick and Hotten gcs pick then the likes of Clarke and Oliver should be there with one of the picks in the twenties.We should have a few picks in the twenties.They should allow us to pick the eyes out of who ever is left.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #453 on: October 07, 2024, 01:04:30 AM »
A player I’ve mentioned early on Josh Murphy as a potential raw key forward is having an excellent combine.

Definitely on the radar as a late second round early third round pick.

https://x.com/CameronHicks__/status/1842735221483127265

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #454 on: October 07, 2024, 01:57:29 PM »
Jagga didn't finish top 10 in any of the disciplines  but FOS finished in 3 of them.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #455 on: October 07, 2024, 02:25:53 PM »
Top draft prospect and mate of Harley Reid Finn O’Sullivan says he’s open to a move to West Coast

https://x.com/TheWestSport/status/1842870374645571880

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #456 on: October 07, 2024, 02:49:10 PM »
Mates with Reid huh?

That's it. Draft him.

Throw sink at Reid. We have nobody to pay anyway.

Bolton + Baker + P1 for Reid.

Can still trade Rioli and hit the draft with 6 and a few in the 20's haha

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: October 07, 2024, 03:27:45 PM »
Mates with Reid huh?

That's it. Draft him.

Andyy all due respect but all that for one player. ? I would be very uncomfortable with that.
TBH I would consider keeping Bolton, play him solely in the middle next year, pick 1 and 2 upgraded picks for Rioli plus Gibcus LeFau and Lynch back in then we will have something to work with IMO

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: October 07, 2024, 03:30:37 PM »
Mates with Reid huh?

That's it. Draft him.

Andyy all due respect but all that for one player. ? I would be very uncomfortable with that.
TBH I would consider keeping Bolton, play him solely in the middle next year, pick 1 and 2 upgraded picks for Rioli plus Gibcus LeFau and Lynch back in then we will have something to work with IMO

Was being a bit facetious.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: October 07, 2024, 03:48:50 PM »
Mates with Reid huh?

That's it. Draft him.

One would hope so as we'd need that pick one to draft the mate that would entice him over...... :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: October 07, 2024, 04:09:28 PM »
Mates with Reid huh?

That's it. Draft him.

👌

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: October 07, 2024, 04:10:46 PM »
Mates with Reid huh?

That's it. Draft him.

One would hope so as we'd need that pick one to draft the mate that would entice him over...... :shh

Yeah and TBH I don't think any player, no matter how good, is worth 3 very decent and established players.

Bolton + Baker + P1...yeah I wouldn't do it actually, except that they wanna go, but Bolton's contracted so pay up or gagf :)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: October 07, 2024, 08:35:26 PM »
Some more combine results screenshot from the HUN:

https://archive.md/yoee8

:shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #463 on: October 07, 2024, 09:19:51 PM »
Jagga Smith no where to be seen. FOS looks the goods
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: October 07, 2024, 09:29:57 PM »
Would be good if they introduced a point system for each test and then had an overall ranking based on the placings. Even as simple as 1st = 1 point, 2nd = 2 points, etc. Then the player with the lowest score has done the best overall.