Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 35583 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #450 on: September 11, 2024, 06:28:19 PM »
Wasn’t the rumour that kruez told cotch about yarrans issues, but the club decided to roll the dice anyway?

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #451 on: September 11, 2024, 07:18:40 PM »
I see Mac Andrew has signed a 9 yr, 12 million dollar deal.  I find this pretty ridiculous. 

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: September 11, 2024, 07:30:07 PM »
I see Mac Andrew has signed a 9 yr, 12 million dollar deal.  I find this pretty ridiculous. 

What the f

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #453 on: September 11, 2024, 09:31:41 PM »

It is 5 years with an option (his) for a further 4 years. He was always contracted for 2025

Staggering, the $$$ involved
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #454 on: September 12, 2024, 12:15:21 AM »
Old Tigers, numerous draft picks

Richmond could look to spread some of their return for wantaway stars Shai Bolton, Daniel Rioli and Liam Baker into the 2025 draft, rather than putting all their eggs in this year’s basket.

The Tigers already hold the No.1 selection in what talent scouts rate as a strong and deep crop – albeit without an obvious dux of the class – but are certain to strengthen their first-round hand in the trade period.

Rioli, who is contracted until 2027, wants to join Gold Coast under his former coach Damien Hardwick, with the Suns holding picks six, 12 (tied to the Western Bulldogs) and 20 (North Melbourne assistance package selection) and set to match a bid on academy product Leo Lombard.

Richmond are not expected to inquire about Jack Lukosius as part of the Rioli negotiations, but will demand more compensation than merely pick six for Rioli, who is favoured to win the Jack Dyer Medal this season.

Bolton and Baker want to return to Western Australia, but are yet to nominate a club.

Fremantle, who have selections nine, 10 (tied to Collingwood) and 17 (tied to Port Adelaide), are considered Bolton’s likeliest destination, and they are also in serious contention for Baker, who grew up a West Coast fan but knows the Dockers have been keen on him for years.

The Eagles are poised to receive Hawthorn’s first-round selection for contracted defender Tom Barrass, who has already indicated he wants to join the Hawks. Richmond unrestricted free agent Jack Graham is weighing up an offer from West Coast as well.

The Tigers also have two second-round picks, and another three in the third round, which they hope to use to move up the order, so are shaping to be the biggest players in the 2024 draft.

North Melbourne are open to trading down from No.2, given they already have a good group of promising midfielders, and could select a tall with a later top-10 selection – but finding a trade partner could be a challenge.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/why-this-triple-all-australian-premiership-bulldog-wants-out-of-the-kennel-20240910-p5k9di.html?js-chunk-not-found-refresh=true

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #455 on: September 12, 2024, 12:16:12 AM »
COACH FACTOR IN EAGLES SEARCH

WEST Coast's new coach could be a pivotal factor in the trade and free agency decisions of star targets Liam Baker, Jack Graham and Shai Bolton, as the Richmond trio continue to weigh up their options.

Former Tigers assistant Andrew McQualter is among the genuine contenders in the Eagles' coaching search and shares a good relationship with all three players from his 10-year career at Punt Road.

Baker and Bolton have already requested trades to Western Australia and have interest from both West Coast and Fremantle, while Graham is tossing up four-year free agency offers from the Eagles and the Tigers.

Speaking on AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable this week, West Coast list manager Matt Clarke said the club was still waiting on a call from Baker, with clarity on the Eagles' coaching position expected to be a factor for players considering moves.

"I'm not sure about confident (of landing Baker)," Clarke said.

"He's still to make a decision. His management and Liam have been upfront about that, they're still weighing up a few things. We've put our best foot forward to see what we can do there.

"We'd love to get Liam on board given what he offers from a talent point of view and a leadership point of view with our group. We're still working through that.

"He's got a decision to make and we don't have a coach at the moment as well. That may play a factor in it at some point, potentially. We'll have constant dialogue with his management group."

Graham is still weighing up offers from West Coast and Richmond as an unrestricted free agent, while Bolton has also requested a trade to Western Australia but remains under contract with the Tigers until 2028.

West Coast has joined Fremantle in the hunt for Bolton, though Clarke conceded it would be difficult to get a deal for the star small forward done given Richmond would hold the leverage in negotiations.

"I think it'll be difficult for anybody, really," Clarke said.

"Shai, obviously, is keen to get home. The Tigers are in a good position there. He's heavily contracted and he's a high-end, quality player. I'm not sure where that one actually sits with both clubs, to be honest." – Riley Beveridge

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1217505/inside-trading-key-factor-for-eagles-targets-swan-gets-offer-clubs-meet-for-trade-talks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #456 on: September 13, 2024, 07:59:48 AM »
“Adelaide will offer pick 25 for Alex Neal-Bullen and Melbourne will accept it. It could well be the first deal done of the trade period.”

- Callum Twomey on twitter.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #457 on: September 13, 2024, 04:40:45 PM »
plays one good game and gets this :huh GC seem to have a big war chest.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #458 on: September 13, 2024, 05:20:50 PM »
plays one good game and gets this :huh GC seem to have a big war chest.

AFL owns Gold Coast and is desperate for them to succeed...do the maths.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #459 on: September 13, 2024, 08:58:39 PM »
With the Dusty developments.

RFC can simply not accept anything less than Pick 6 and 12 from GC for Rioli. Id argue and exchange of late picks for Picks 20 as well.

Owe it to the fans to win massively out of the deal of we have to sit bottom of the ladder whilst watching Rioli and Dusty run around with Dimma at the GC.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: September 13, 2024, 09:09:25 PM »
Wouldn't mind picking up Marchbank as a dfa.... :shh

EDIT: On second thoughts pass...just saw his injury history...has only managed 63 games in 10 seasons.... :help
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: September 13, 2024, 09:18:44 PM »
Inb4 someone suggests Jack Martin..... :propeller

- Thomas Sowell

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: September 13, 2024, 09:45:13 PM »
lol, Discards from other sides with an injury history / list cloggers  will fit right in a Richmond , back to the 90’s when we aimed for 9th with a team full of rejects

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #463 on: September 13, 2024, 09:58:52 PM »
And glad Chol is at Hawthorn and not with us , looks scared to me or injured

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2024, 10:11:52 PM »
If we need to fill spots go with rookies. Worked last time. No recycled rejects.
Go Tigers!