Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 33661 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #420 on: September 06, 2024, 06:29:36 PM »
It’s great having all these high end picks , but choose well Richmond you don’t want
Richard Lounder  Anthony Banik , Aaron fiora and Richard Tambling in one draft.

Really get angry when folks pot Anthony Banik. Club ruined him and destroyed his career by playng him when he was ill.

Others you mention I have no issue with

Agree WP
Banik could have been special

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #421 on: September 06, 2024, 10:34:55 PM »
I guess with the passage of time the reasons for his demise are forgotten or just blurred
I’ll replace him with Jon as one poster suggested

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #422 on: September 06, 2024, 10:49:53 PM »
I think JON is the only draftee I get embarassed about. The story behind his selection was nothing but unprofessional and cowboy. The rest had decent reason to be drafted based on the scouting we had.

Tambling pick was a steal. The kid was rated the 2nd best player in the draft and slid to pick 4. His development was poor and mentally was scarred from the critics and comparison to Franklin. I've always wondered how much different his career would have been if he was picked after Buddy.

Go Tigers!

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2024, 08:26:55 AM »
So 10 and Baker for pick 3 in an even draft not even worth it' that values Baker about pick 20

Keep our picks and don't trade up, this is a once in a generation chance to rebuild our list in 2 seasons

That and an agreement that they'll give us Band 3 compo for Graham is probably about right.

So Baker + Graham + P9
for
Pick 3 + Pick 22.

Pick 22 is way overs for Graham. We have a chance to get a great return here, similar to when Vickery left lmao.
We are not trading for Graham so to include him in your hypothetical is confusing, the third option is the one that will deliver the most for Richmond.

For those interested a podcast by Dylan Alexander on Youtube titled top 10 midfielders will give a good insight into how even the quality is at the top end and bundling up picks is a waste of resources.

If there was three Harley Reid type of players at the top 3 then trading up for a 2nd top three pick would make sense.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2024, 09:49:00 AM »
So 10 and Baker for pick 3 in an even draft not even worth it' that values Baker about pick 20

Keep our picks and don't trade up, this is a once in a generation chance to rebuild our list in 2 seasons

That and an agreement that they'll give us Band 3 compo for Graham is probably about right.

So Baker + Graham + P9
for
Pick 3 + Pick 22.

Pick 22 is way overs for Graham. We have a chance to get a great return here, similar to when Vickery left lmao.
We are not trading for Graham so to include him in your hypothetical is confusing, the third option is the one that will deliver the most for Richmond.

For those interested a podcast by Dylan Alexander on Youtube titled top 10 midfielders will give a good insight into how even the quality is at the top end and bundling up picks is a waste of resources.

If there was three Harley Reid type of players at the top 3 then trading up for a 2nd top three pick would make sense.

100% yandb

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #425 on: September 07, 2024, 01:21:58 PM »

So Baker + Graham + P9
for
Pick 3 + Pick 22.

Must have just confused you.

He's not being traded - I've just listed him because we have the opportunity to negotiate his contract terms to ensure specific FA compo as part of a side deal when dealing with Baker.

WCE can ensure their offer results in band 3 (same as band 2 for us) as a sweetener.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #426 on: September 07, 2024, 05:53:38 PM »
Speaking to ex WCE scout reckons Jagga is the best ….

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2024, 06:11:53 PM »

You’re not getting 9 & 10 for Bolton … deluded

Same guy now saying it’s a done deal? Cmon guys don’t fall for the bait.

Obvious troll is obvious.... :shh
Yep I apologise to everyone for saying that bloke may not be a troll

Ban him please

Currently pulling the same crap over at Big Footy as well..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #428 on: September 07, 2024, 09:02:31 PM »

You’re not getting 9 & 10 for Bolton … deluded

Same guy now saying it’s a done deal? Cmon guys don’t fall for the bait.

Obvious troll is obvious.... :shh
Yep I apologise to everyone for saying that bloke may not be a troll

Ban him please

Currently pulling the same crap over at Big Footy as well..... :shh

I’m looking forward to making you all look silly…

I’ll say it again..The deals are done -
Rioli for picks 6 & 12
Bolton for picks 9 & 10
Baker for Barrass pick from hawthorn

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: September 07, 2024, 09:07:41 PM »
Troll baby…..
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: September 07, 2024, 10:16:19 PM »
I’d gladly be made to look silly for that draft haul. Whether it happens or not won’t make me think your some knowledgeable club insider. You’re pretty much just recycling what most on here are saying they are expecting (which you initially laughed at btw). Maybe the second pick for Rioli is the only one where it’s higher than what most are expecting but that’s it.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #431 on: September 08, 2024, 03:26:03 PM »
Don Luke has ruled out Pick 3 for Baker but not ruled out trading pick 3 for Baker and a top 10 pick.

Hinting pick 9 if we get for Bolton, plus Baker will get us pick 3.

Which makes the Bolton trade very important, in that we should be working hard at getting pick 9 and 10. As 10 will ensure we get either Whitlock or Armstrong.
Go Tigers!

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #432 on: September 08, 2024, 04:17:06 PM »
Don Luke has ruled out Pick 3 for Baker but not ruled out trading pick 3 for Baker and a top 10 pick.

Which makes the Bolton trade very important, in that we should be working hard at getting pick 9 and 10. As 10 will ensure we get either Whitlock or Armstrong.

Tell them to eff off
Such an even draft

Option 1 - pick 1, pick 9, keep Baker
Option 2 - pick 1, pick 3

I know which id prefer

Surely there would need to be something else coming our way . Future second ?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #433 on: September 08, 2024, 04:34:25 PM »
I don't think it's much of a loss. Personally want pick 3. Baker is gone. Id prefer to keep pick 9 and trade 15 we'd get for Rioli but doubt WCE agree to that.

Pick 3 gets us an absolute elite kid. The last pick 3 we had was a certain 3 time Norm Smith medalist. Those players are very hard to get at Pick 9.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2024, 04:35:53 PM »

Tell them to eff off
Such an even draft

Option 1 - pick 1, pick 9, keep Baker
Option 2 - pick 1, pick 3

I know which id prefer

Surely there would need to be something else coming our way . Future second ?

More like
Option 1 - P1, P9, P10, Baker
Option 2 - P1, P3, P10

You'd want something else thrown in for Baker rather than trading him for an upgrade. I'd consider their 2nd or F2.