Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 35625 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #405 on: September 06, 2024, 01:12:24 AM »
OUTSIDE-THE-BOX PLAY EAGLES COULD MAKE FOR BAKER

West Coast is reportedly open to parting with its premium first-round selection in order to secure Richmond’s Liam Baker.

Currently, the Eagles hold Pick 3 at November’s national draft, but they could offload that high-end selection in a potential trade to acquire the wantaway West Australian.

However, such an arrangement would also see Richmond surrender one of its first-rounders, reports Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph.

The Tigers could land two of Fremantle’s first-round picks in a trade involving Shai Bolton, and theoretically, one of those selections — and Baker — would go to West Coast for the third overall choice.

Richmond could wield the first and third picks at this year’s draft as a result — with the top of the order evenly spread with attractive talent.

While the 26-year-old Baker is expected to nominate his childhood club West Coast as his destination of choice, he hasn’t officially declared his intentions one way or the other.

Meanwhile, Baker’s teammate Jack Graham has also been strongly linked to the Eagles as he weighs up his AFL future.

The dual premiership midfielder is eligible for free agency this year and has reportedly been offered four-year deals by both West Coast and Richmond.

It is entirely possible both Baker and Graham are waiting for the Eagles to announce their new senior coach before coming to definitive decisions.

West Coast premiership player Will Schofield on Wednesday night reported his ‘expectation’ that Geelong assistant Steven King would be confirmed as the Eagles’ new mentor once the Cats’ finals campaign came to an end.

Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark reported on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle that Melbourne’s Andrew McQualter — who has Tiger ties to Baker and Graham — was firming as a strong contender for the job, adding that the Eagles were also into Brisbane’s Danny Daly for a ‘director of coaching’ sort of role.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/department-of-trade/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2024-st-kilda-players-thought-josh-battle-was-set-to-stay-free-agency-compensation-mark-keane-to-stay-at-adelaide/news-story/13a0e79ef284a46dc040340143246e8c

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #406 on: September 06, 2024, 01:13:20 AM »
Liam Baker still deciding his club of choice. But if he chose the Eagles they might be open to handing over pick 3 then shuffling back to another very early pick as part of the trade. Get the best of both worlds with experience and youth.

I don't care either way. RFC will be well stocked with picks. It's not a concept. It is something the Eagles are considering as part of a wider deal. So I reported it. Just like Suns being open to trading those two late first-rounders. Now they have six Richmond will ask for it

https://x.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1831591050206662760

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #407 on: September 06, 2024, 07:23:51 AM »
Reckon Baker hasn't nominated yet as he's waiting to see who the coach is  ;D

Media saying Mini McQualter is one of the favourites and one of the last still interested 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 12:54:42 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #408 on: September 06, 2024, 12:07:28 PM »
Reckon Baler hasn't nominated yet as he's waiting to see who the coach is  ;D

Media saying Mini McQualter is one of the favourites and one of the last still interested

Wouldn't surprise if Mini gets the gig and that's the deal breaker than gets Baker to nominate WCE.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #409 on: September 06, 2024, 12:11:03 PM »
More I think about it, the more we have to facilitate a trade where we end up with picks

1, 3, 6 and either 9, 10 or 12.

That lands us with a likely combination of
two out of Finn O'Sullivan, Sid Draper and Jagga Smith
likely one of Smillie or Langford (big bodied mid)
and Harry Armstrong or Jack Whitlock (best 2 key fwds)
Absolutely set up.

My preference:

1. Finn O'Sullivan
3. Sid Draper
6. Josh Smillie
9. Harry Armstrong

Absolutely ridiculous draft hand. Future all elite players of the competition.
Go Tigers!

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #410 on: September 06, 2024, 12:13:01 PM »
So 10 and Baker for pick 3 in an even draft not even worth it' that values Baker about pick 20

Keep our picks and don't trade up, this is a once in a generation chance to rebuild our list in 2 seasons

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #411 on: September 06, 2024, 12:21:32 PM »
So 10 and Baker for pick 3 in an even draft not even worth it' that values Baker about pick 20

Keep our picks and don't trade up, this is a once in a generation chance to rebuild our list in 2 seasons

There are a few scenarios, all based on what clubs agree to deal with.

1. Bolton and Baker to WCE for Pick 3 and 12. (We get Picks 3 and 12)
2. Bolton for Picks 9, 10 to Freo. Pick 9/10 and Baker to WCE for Pick 3. (We get Picks 3 and 9 or 10)
3. Bolton to Freo for Picks 9, 10 and Baker to WCE for Pick 12. (We get picks 9, 10, 12)

Option 2 is the best result. I don't like the idea of more picks and hoping to nail majority. Pick 3 is having 2 hits at the top 3 kids in the whoe draft ina. strong draft. We cannot pass that up.
Go Tigers!

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #412 on: September 06, 2024, 02:01:45 PM »
It’s great having all these high end picks , but choose well Richmond you don’t want
Richard Lounder  Anthony Banik , Aaron fiora and Richard Tambling in one draft.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: September 06, 2024, 02:09:50 PM »
It’s great having all these high end picks , but choose well Richmond you don’t want

I am offended that JON isnt in that list

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #414 on: September 06, 2024, 02:14:44 PM »
Really can't see WCE including 3 unless something solid goes back, but probably not at all.

Also don't see them giving us 12.

I reckon they'll try 2025 2nd rounder + agreement that Graham compo will be band 3 for 2nd round 2024 pick for us.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: September 06, 2024, 02:19:48 PM »
Really can't see WCE including 3 unless something solid goes back, but probably not at all.

Also don't see them giving us 12.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #416 on: September 06, 2024, 02:22:09 PM »
More I think about it, the more we have to facilitate a trade where we end up with picks

1, 3, 6 and either 9, 10 or 12.

That lands us with a likely combination of
two out of Finn O'Sullivan, Sid Draper and Jagga Smith
likely one of Smillie or Langford (big bodied mid)
and Harry Armstrong or Jack Whitlock (best 2 key fwds)
Absolutely set up.

My preference:

1. Finn O'Sullivan
3. Sid Draper
6. Josh Smillie
9. Harry Armstrong

Absolutely ridiculous draft hand. Future all elite players of the competition.

Lalor will be better than all of them..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: September 06, 2024, 02:28:13 PM »

That and an agreement that they'll give us Band 3 compo for Graham is probably about right.

So Baker + Graham + P9
for
Pick 3 + Pick 22.

Pick 22 is way overs for Graham. We have a chance to get a great return here, similar to when Vickery left lmao.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #418 on: September 06, 2024, 05:01:15 PM »
I think getting pick 3 is worth offering up something in the early teen’s with Baker. There’s 3 or 4 in top 10 we should be prioritising and this means we get 2 of them
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #419 on: September 06, 2024, 06:18:59 PM »

Really get angry when folks pot Anthony Banik. Club ruined him and destroyed his career by playng him when he was ill.

Others you mention I have no issue with
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)