Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 40172 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #540 on: September 24, 2024, 07:12:46 PM »
I’ve a source at WCE who says he will move on from the club most likely end of next year. Hasn’t said where to though

Every Vic club will be after him & probably the Swans as well - but my uneducated guess would be;

- If it's about lifestyle & love for club - Geelong

- If it's about crowds and who's closest to flags- Hawthorn or Carlton

- If it's about crowds, bargaining power, trade capital, long term vision & security - us..... :shh

If we win the spoon next year and balta leaves as a free agent would you be trading pick 1 and 2 for him? Seems like an almighty unprecedented draft capital to give up. Even if you classify Reid as a 10/10 prospect, surely grabbing the top 2 kids in the country serves us better. Besides isnt there someone in next years draft that you rate as a similar level of talent as Reid?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #541 on: September 24, 2024, 07:47:31 PM »
I’ve a source at WCE who says he will move on from the club most likely end of next year. Hasn’t said where to though

Every Vic club will be after him & probably the Swans as well - but my uneducated guess would be;

- If it's about lifestyle & love for club - Geelong

- If it's about crowds and who's closest to flags- Hawthorn or Carlton

- If it's about crowds, bargaining power, trade capital, long term vision & security - us..... :shh

If we win the spoon next year and balta leaves as a free agent would you be trading pick 1 and 2 for him? Seems like an almighty unprecedented draft capital to give up. Even if you classify Reid as a 10/10 prospect, surely grabbing the top 2 kids in the country serves us better. Besides isnt there someone in next years draft that you rate as a similar level of talent as Reid?

Sharp is a clear stand out at this stage - doesn't mean he's a once in a generation type like Reid..more a stand out like Walsh and JHF were in their years as opposed to this year when you can throw a blanket over half a dozen blokes -he may be better than all of them but unlikely as good as Reid.....and who said we'd necessarily have to give up both picks? There's future firsts -including trading 2 years in advance allowed from next year- seconds, steak knives like Miller, Blight, Green or whoever.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: September 25, 2024, 09:25:24 AM »

Well we have lots of TPP space.

EBA increase.

Just offer him 10 years for about $15mil.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: September 25, 2024, 02:25:31 PM »
Some of these you tube idiots have NFI. 
Looking at one now we lose Rioli, Bolton & Baker for 3, 11 & 14. 
Throw in 2 extra picks and we're close.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #544 on: September 25, 2024, 03:04:16 PM »

Given that 3 is in there I'm actually not too far off on that one. Needs a bit more work to satisfy me but it's not a bad start.

3 is a good pick probably for either Bolton or Rioli.

14 is overs for Baker.

11 unders for either Bolton or Rioli.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #545 on: September 25, 2024, 03:17:27 PM »
lmao thank stuff some of you aren't involved in our list management. Even taking Baker out of the equation - if that's all we accepted for two of our best players, one in career best form and the other about to hit their prime with the potential to be the best player in the comp. and both still under contract not just for just for 1 or 2 years but 3 & 4 years respectively - then Hartley should be lynched and Punt Road burnt to the stuffing ground. stuff me drunk..... :facepalm
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: September 25, 2024, 06:02:17 PM »

Given that 3 is in there I'm actually not too far off on that one. Needs a bit more work to satisfy me but it's not a bad start.

14 is overs for Baker.

you have said this a few times, and im trying to understand the logic that baker is not worth 14 which really is 16 after barrass, levi and Battle. :banghead

also is that pick 3 on its own you are suggesting is okay on its own for bolton or rioli, in a strong top 15 draft?

lets be clear we hold all the cards, not the other way around. Baker can walk but he wont, and that hawthorn pick will have to do as its likely to come to us for him.

as for the rest. We should be asking for freos first 2 picks in this draft,(their own and the pies) and ideally we move up on our second pick to swap with their 16.

Suns need to get creative as those first 2 picks are not acceptable for Dan. Furthermore, the hopper and idiot tax should be applied to Dimma in all transactions.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: September 25, 2024, 10:49:08 PM »

14 is overs for Baker.

you have said this a few times, and im trying to understand the logic that baker is not worth 14 which really is 16 after barrass, levi and Battle. :banghead

also is that pick 3 on its own you are suggesting is okay on its own for bolton or rioli, in a strong top 15 draft?

lets be clear we hold all the cards, not the other way around. Baker can walk but he wont, and that hawthorn pick will have to do as its likely to come to us for him.

as for the rest. We should be asking for freos first 2 picks in this draft,(their own and the pies) and ideally we move up on our second pick to swap with their 16.

Suns need to get creative as those first 2 picks are not acceptable for Dan. Furthermore, the hopper and idiot tax should be applied to Dimma in all transactions.

I just don't think Baker is worth quite that much or maybe 14 sliding to 16 is about right but I'd consider that a decent deal for us.

Pick 3 is a good pick to have because even if the top 10 and then 11-30 are largely even it gives us the opportunity to draft the two players we want to pair up together for the future.

And as I said I don't think it's far off. Not saying it's perfect.

I expect to pay some of Rioli and Bolton wages though which should improve our return and at those picks I wouldn't be paying them poo.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #548 on: September 26, 2024, 09:01:24 AM »
So when do we find out all these movement delisting's etc
Yeah I don't pay that much attention bar game day  :lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #549 on: September 26, 2024, 09:26:29 AM »
It all starts Monday the 7th of October, hold onto your hats folks :pray

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: September 26, 2024, 09:37:17 AM »

14 is overs for Baker.

I just don't think Baker is worth quite that much or maybe 14 sliding to 16 is about right but I'd consider that a decent deal for us.

Pick 3 is a good pick to have because even if the top 10 and then 11-30 are largely even it gives us the opportunity to draft the two players we want to pair up together for the future.

And as I said I don't think it's far off. Not saying it's perfect.

I expect to pay some of Rioli and Bolton wages though which should improve our return and at those picks I wouldn't be paying them poo.

well i dont agree Andy, not even in the slightest. That pairing up rubbish is working for the suns well? We are not the suns and our home is the mcg. We wont have FOS or Jagga deflecting anytime soon, because we only selected one of them.

IMV you only pair up if you think you can have the best 2 absolute best players in the draft, which from all reports could be anyone in that top 10.

Paying their wages is of little consequence IMO. I would pay 50% of it, if it meant we can screw these clubs over an additional top 10 pick. Reason is we havent got anyone else to absorb the rest of our cap now have we, with the exception of Balta.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #551 on: September 26, 2024, 12:56:17 PM »
Trade update - Gettable

Rioli to GC: Pick 6 will be involved. Possibility of another pick if we have our way.

Baker: Freo willing to offer pick 10. WC still have 3 on the table if we can pry it out.

Shai: Will get to Freo. 2 1sts will do it.

Graham: 50/50

Gettable podcast AFL website.
https://x.com/RFC_Centre/status/1838834326575665353

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #552 on: September 26, 2024, 01:22:51 PM »
Trade update - Gettable

Rioli to GC: Pick 6 will be involved. Possibility of another pick if we have our way.

Baker: Freo willing to offer pick 10. WC still have 3 on the table if we can pry it out.

Shai: Will get to Freo. 2 1sts will do it.

Graham: 50/50

Gettable podcast AFL website.
https://x.com/RFC_Centre/status/1838834326575665353

Baker and 12 to WCE for pick 3… Barass pick no longer in play as club views it as not enough

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #553 on: September 26, 2024, 01:54:37 PM »
Would take 10 for Bakes.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #554 on: September 26, 2024, 02:50:45 PM »
Would take 10 for Bakes.