Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 57615 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #840 on: October 16, 2024, 06:47:13 PM »
You may not give a rats toss bag about baker but you can’t trade him to a team he doesn’t want to go to, so where does that leave it?

Anyway, just so I understand, your upset that we didn’t deal both baker and Bolton to freo to net 10, 11 and 18 and instead dealt with WC and Freo to get 10, 11 and 18 while giving up a future third rounder??? So all this fuss over a future third rounder that will fall somewhere btw pick 40-50 depending on how many academy, father son, and free agency compo picks get slid in before hand??? Seriously cmon lol

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #841 on: October 16, 2024, 07:15:51 PM »
I never said I was upset.
3 things:-
1) We didn’t get 10,11 for Bolton as we gave back 14 and got 18
2) Freo deal on both was a better deal for the club
3) I couldn’t give 2 poos what Baker wants. When he started his football journey, we delivered that. He then would have wanted a flag. He got 2.
Getting to the Eagles is not our responsibility, it’s his and the Eagles. Let’s be real here - Freo deal for both players was better

No emotion, facts sunshine.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #842 on: October 16, 2024, 07:18:42 PM »
It isn’t facts. We couldn’t seal baker to freo so that deal you are suggesting never existed lol

Again the only difference between your non existent trade and the one we got is we lost a future 3rd.

Those are the true facts.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #843 on: October 16, 2024, 07:21:18 PM »
Whatever. Dream on mate.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #844 on: October 16, 2024, 09:04:56 PM »
I never said I was upset.
3 things:-
1) We didn’t get 10,11 for Bolton as we gave back 14 and got 18
2) Freo deal on both was a better deal for the club
3) I couldn’t give 2 poos what Baker wants. When he started his football journey, we delivered that. He then would have wanted a flag. He got 2.
Getting to the Eagles is not our responsibility, it’s his and the Eagles. Let’s be real here - Freo deal for both players was better

No emotion, facts sunshine.
No one wanted Baker, RFC gave him a shot

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #845 on: October 16, 2024, 09:20:16 PM »
Given we gave him a start and 2 flags, he’s been a little ungracious and demanding but we move on.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #846 on: October 17, 2024, 12:57:03 AM »
Hartley said the Tigers “wouldn’t rule out anything” in terms of trading picks on the night of the draft, or spreading their bets by trading some of this hand into 2025.

“Patience is required, but we’re really excited by what’s to come,” he said, adding that this regeneration process at Richmond “will take time, but people understand that.”

As Hawthorn has shown, the Tigers will soon become attractive to free agents and mature players who fit their needs once their youngsters make the great leap forward in development.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/like-an-expansion-team-tigers-make-history-on-day-of-sadness-rebirth-20241016-p5kiob.html

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #847 on: October 17, 2024, 08:51:20 AM »
I'm open to the idea of trading 1-2 picks into 2025, but if the draft is as deep as they say it is I also don't see why we shouldn't have a big punt this year.

Variable to consider:
- if we draft 8 this year, will having too many draftees stifle their development/opportunities to get games?
- if we draft 8 this year, will be be better placed to rebuild as we'll get getting youth now rather than later?
- any other players with currency likely to leave in 2025?
- what's the 2025 draft looking like?

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #848 on: October 17, 2024, 11:30:16 AM »
It's a fair discussion to have 8 draftees in top 25 in same draft.

History shows it doesn't really work. Our Deledio drafts, 1 pick was a success. The expansion clubs had multiple draft picks leave.

I think it should be able to work though. The expansion clubs didn't have the success factor to keep them. It wasn't really a money factor. Plus leaving for destination clubs vs a minnow.

I don't think we need to get rid of any of our first round selections. Maybe pair up 20, 23, 24 and see if we can get any 2025 picks. Mindful how many spots we have on our list too, we've had 3 leave plus retirements so we have plenty of vacancies to fill.
Go Tigers!

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #849 on: October 17, 2024, 11:41:48 AM »
Poor recruiting depts. were largely responsible for the poor outcomes.

We have a good team at the moment so we should get a good outcome which should set us up for the next 10 years.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #850 on: October 17, 2024, 11:47:29 AM »
The picks I'd be offering to trade for future picks are 18, 20 & 23.

24 is 2nd round first pick and always covered to see who has slid etc.

We can get gun kids with 1+6.
KPF options with 10+11.
Slider with 24.

Could trade 1 or more of 18/20/23 to 2025 and have another stacked hand. Probably end up with another 5 top 25 picks.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #851 on: October 17, 2024, 01:21:45 PM »
Hartley mentioned dfa's during his interview so sounds like we might be targeting one or two...hopefully Membrey though word is the Filth are after him .... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #852 on: October 17, 2024, 01:54:13 PM »
The picks I'd be offering to trade for future picks are 18, 20 & 23.

The problem with your thinking is you need to look at the actual players.
Armstrong is rated as 8-10 as the earliest key forward.
The next group of key forwards come in around 20.

Trading out each of 18, 20 and 23  means one less key forward.

Just based on Twomey's September rankings:
9 - Armstrong
19 - Shanahan
20 - Whitlock
22 - Faull
25 - Whitlock

Us getting 3 or even 4 of those forwards will fill our most gaping hole - key forwards

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #853 on: October 17, 2024, 02:00:49 PM »
Pick 1: O'Sullivan
Pick 6: Lalor/Smillie
Pick 10: Armstrong
Pick 11: Trainor/Travaglia
Pick 18: Shanahan

If we can pull that off we are laughing rebuild wise. Particularly if Lalor slides to 6 but would be happy with Smillie if he gets taken.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #854 on: October 17, 2024, 02:49:54 PM »
First 3 picks will be 1, 2 & 10..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.