Author Topic: VFL R2: Richmond vs Sydney @ Punt Rd, Sun. March 31  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: VFL R2: Richmond vs Sydney @ Punt Rd, Sun. March 31
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2024, 06:14:44 PM »
Where is Bauer ???

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2024, 07:47:18 PM »
Where is Bauer ???

Currently he is not available for selection.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2024, 07:54:20 PM »
Where is Bauer ???

Currently he is not available for selection.
Set back?  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2024, 07:17:40 PM »
The Club's VFL match report.

VFL Tigers overcome Swans on Easter Sunday

Richmond VFL made it back-to-back wins with a 12-point victory over Sydney on Easter Sunday at the Swinburne Centre.

Off the back of their Round 1 win against reigning premier Gold Coast Suns at People First Stadium, the Tigers continued their good form into Round 2 of their 2024 Smithy’s VFL Campaign, overcoming the Swans 13.6 (84) to 10.12 (72).

In the curtain-raiser to the AFL match up between the two sides, both the Tigers and Swans outfits were looking to back up their respective Round 1 wins.

But unlike the first quarter of Round 1, it was Richmond’s opposition that started fast.

Led by Taylor Adams, who was strong in the opening term for the Swans, the visitors scored the first three majors of the match.

The Tigers hit back through debutant Liam George, who scored his maiden goal with his first kick.

On the breath of quarter time, the Swans extended their lead to 19 points through Phill Moi Moi, who slotted his third of the quarter and was posing problems for the Tigers’ defence.

Early in the second, prolific Tiger forward Cam Olden slotted his first major from a set shot. He was then given a free kick from the same spot immediately after, making it back-to-back goals and putting the Tigers within one goal.

Richmond made it three in a row through Austin Johnson, who beautifully bent through his first major of the afternoon to level things up at 33 apiece. 

All of a sudden, the Tigers had undone the Swans’ early work, and their dominance saw them controlling the game in strides.

From a standing start right on the 50-metre arch, Hugo Ralphsmith then gave the Tigers the lead.

Shortly after, Mohammed Yassine’s flashy goal made it five in a row, and as many unanswered goals in the quarter for the Tigers.

Led by Kane McAuliffe (13 disposals), skipper Lachlan Street (12 disposals), Johnson and Chad Harris (11 disposals each), the Tigers overturned a 19-point deficit to lead at the main break by 12 points.

Scoring opened in the second half through the fast-starting Swans. Within a minute of the third term, they were on the board and had cut the margin down to six points.

Courtesy of Yassine’s crafty work, Samson Ryan kicked his first goal of the afternoon, to restore a two-goal Tiger lead.

Richmond and Sydney went goal-for-goal until Steely Green broke the sequence, slotting through his first major to put his side up by 17 on the stroke of three-quarter time.

Ryan then opened the scoring in the final term for the Tigers, slotting his second to extend his side’s lead out to 22 points.

The excellent defensive showing by the Tigers after quarter-time was personified by Mutaz El Nour’s efforts, both aerially and on the ground.

Despite being down by 22 points early in the final term, the Swans would never say die. They kicked back-to-back majors to get to within nine points and give themselves a fighting chance.

However, Ryan’s third goal sealed the contest shut before Sam Naismith’s second, the icing on the cake.

Plenty of Tigers shined on Sunday afternoon, including McAuliffe (26 disposals, nine clearances), Naismith (19 disposals, 18 hitouts, two goals), Street (22 disposals), Harris (22 disposals), Kaleb Smith (19 disposals) and Johnson (17 disposals, one goal).

The Tigers will head into the Gather Round bye with a 2-0 record from their opening two matches, shifting their attention to their Round 3 clash with 2023 Grand Finalist Werribee at Avalon Airport Oval on Saturday, April 13.

Richmond 2.1 7.6 10.6 13.6 (84)

Sydney 5.2 5.6 7.8 10.12 (72)

Best: McAuliffe, Naismith, Street, Harris, Smith, Johnson

Goals: Ryan (3), Naismith (2), Olden (2), George, Green, Johnson, May, Ralphsmith, Yassine

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1519592/vfl-tigers-overcome-swans-on-easter-sunday

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2024, 10:52:26 PM »
VFL Report: Round 2

Richmond VFL coach Steve Morris provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in last Sunday's Round 2 win over the Sydney Swans at the Swinburne Centre.

Kane McAuliffe (30 disposals, 17 contested possessions, six inside-50s, eight clearances, eight tackles)

“Had another really good day at the office. Probably wasn't quite as damaging as he has been by foot of late, which is usually a strength. But he had a game-high eight tackles and consistently won the footy for us on the day. He’s in great form.”

Kaleb Smith (20 disposals, 80% disposals efficiency, five marks, four rebound-50s)

“Absolutely pumped for Kaleb. He's missed a lot of footy over the last couple of seasons and he played his best game for the footy club on the weekend. He's put in a lot of work behind the scenes and his game is definitely coming together nicely.”

Sam Naismith (19 disposals, 13 contested possessions, 17 hit-outs, eight marks, five tackles, two goals)

“Another dominant performance by Sam. I thought he teamed up really well with Samson (Ryan), both up forward and around the ground. He kicked a couple of really important goals for us and I thought his contest and leadership around the ground was paramount.”

Matthew Coulthard (16 disposals, five marks, two tackles)

“I thought ‘Matty’ had another really good game. He probably could have hit the scoreboard harder, had we utilised the footy a little bit more efficiently up the field. But, he got himself into some great positions and I think it's a really good stepping stone for him to move forward from.”

Steely Green (14 disposals, six marks, one goal)

“I thought it was a much-improved output from Steely. He's been consistently running the right patterns and doing the hard work, but I thought he got a little bit more reward on the weekend and I'm really enjoying the attitude he's bringing to his football.”

Jacob Koschitzke (12 disposals, seven marks, three inside-50s)

“He had a much-improved game. I feel as though he's very close to breaking a game open. He had plenty of opportunities in front of goals, he probably just didn't convert those opportunities. But I'm sure they'll come.”

Samson Ryan (10 disposals, four marks, three tackles, 16 hit-outs, three goals)

“As I mentioned earlier, he teamed up really well with Sam Naismith. Samson hit the scoreboard heavily kicking a match-high three goals, and I thought he looked dangerous all day."

Hugo Ralphsmith (nine disposals, 89% disposal efficiency, one goal)

“Hugo only played a half, but I thought his half was really solid. He finished the half with nine possessions but used the ball extremely well and was able to hit the scoreboard from half-back. Hugo's in super form and the way he has approached his footy lately is a real credit to him.”

Noah Cumberland (six disposals, two inside-50s)

“Probably not Noah's best day at the office. He had a couple of moments where he looked like he was going to tear the game apart and won some really important contests for us, but his finishing touch probably let him down. I'm looking forward to seeing him bounce back, as we know the quality of player that Noah is.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1520704/vfl-report-round-2

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2024, 11:41:52 PM »
Kane McAuliffe (30 disposals, 17 contested possessions, six inside-50s, eight clearances, eight tackles)

“Had another really good day at the office. Probably wasn't quite as damaging as he has been by foot of latewhich is usually a strength.,  But he had a game-high eight tackles and consistently won the footy for us on the day. He’s in great form.”

Trasnslation: "Cool ya jets fans, gunna have to wait at least another week...." :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2024, 09:15:08 AM »
I was sure that Ryan kicked 4 goals...

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2024, 08:42:38 PM »
“Probably not Noah's best day at the office."

:rollin

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2024, 10:50:32 PM »
Do you get a kick out of seeing him play poorly?

How does that benefit the club you support if a young player doesn’t make it?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2024, 12:36:38 AM »
Can play the kid but yeah, got a few rooting against him to say the least. See him playing some standout footy in the ressies from time to time however she doesn't look good for his future at the RFC unfortunately
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2024, 12:51:49 AM »
Barracking against Cumberland because they're Mansell fanboys makes it equal parts pathetic and hilarious.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2024, 01:12:17 AM »
Barracking against Cumberland because they're Mansell fanboys makes it equal parts pathetic and hilarious.... :shh

No mate

It’s just pathetic

Nothing funny about it

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2024, 09:19:41 AM »
Seriously, wtf has Cumberland shown this year to warrant selection over Mansell?   Yze rates Mansell, I think he knows more than all of us combined who should be selected

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2024, 10:34:59 AM »
Seriously, wtf has Cumberland shown this year to warrant selection over Mansell?   Yze rates Mansell, I think he knows more than all of us combined who should be selected

What has Cumberland got to do with mansell?

Like praise mansell when he has a good game but what is the need to poo on Cumberland or bring him up at all while doing so.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2024, 03:46:12 PM »
Do you get a kick out of seeing him play poorly?

How does that benefit the club you support if a young player doesn’t make it?
Early days I was ambivalent about Cumberland. But the more I watched him especially in the VFL the more I was convinced of his deficiencies in crucial aspects most importantly his selfishness and inability to work hard off the ball. It's not just me that thinks this way but the selection committee continues to overlook him for players that have less in terms of X factor but more in application and consistency. Dime a dozen lazy player that has great potential but isn't prepared to work on his deficiencies.

If Cumbersome wants a successful career in the AFL he needs to pull his head out of his arse and consistently produce what the coaches want from him. His natural footy ability will take care of itself and he will be a great addition to any team. Otherwise he can continue with the way he's going and he'll end up being a legend captain/coach @ Mooroochydore FC.

What makes me laugh is that many Cumberland supporters were regularly bemoaning the fact that Mansell and others were playing games ahead of him. I never had intentions to compare him with Mansell but this forum is what forced me into it. The reaction is hilarious.

I'd pick Mansell types over Cumberland types every single time.