Author Topic: Who needs a strong second half of the season to remain on our list?  (Read 3630 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
As the topic says - Who needs a strong showing over the next 10 weeks to remain at Punt Road?

I don't mean just Tivs, Hall and Krak lol who are playing seniors but others such as our older guys like Chaffey and younger ones like Jackson, Limbach, Moore, Roach, Rodan, Hartigan, etc....

Thoughts?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

Re: Who needs a strong second half of the season to remain on our list?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 06:20:59 PM »
As the topic says - Who needs a strong showing over the next 10 weeks to remain at Punt Road?

I don't mean just Tivs, Hall and Krak lol who are playing seniors but others such as our older guys like Chaffey and younger ones like Jackson, Limbach, Moore, Roach, Rodan, Hartigan, etc....

Thoughts?

hartigan
jackson
roach
rodan(trade or delist after next yr)

those 4 are definates for that list
guys like gas hall tiv krak have got 10 weeks to prove their worth also and im sure krak will prove to all he is gonna be here 4 a while still

staff and chaff are gone too imo, delisted or retired
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:57:28 PM by X-CITED »

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 06:44:34 PM »
Roach
Limbach
McGuane
Moore (even though he's been injured)
Rodan
Gasper
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 06:58:11 PM »
Roach
Limbach
McGuane
Moore (even though he's been injured)
Rodan
Gasper

i think limbach moore and mguane are safe

Bulluss

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 07:37:16 PM »
Krak

Hartigan
Roach
Rodan
Jackson

Despite Tivendale being mentioned, he would be close to top 5 in the B&F so far this season. Great turn around from last season and i can tell you he isnt one of my favourite players. I used to bag the crap out of him the last fwe seasons, to the extent where i nearly got into a fight with a Richmond supporter who sits near me at Telstra Dome.  ;D

Jackstar

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »
Rodan.
Roach
Stafford
Moore
McGaune
Limbach
Roach
Hartigan
Knobel
Chaffey
Is that enough ?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 07:57:25 PM »

Despite Tivendale being mentioned, he would be close to top 5 in the B&F so far this season. Great turn around from last season and i can tell you he isnt one of my favourite players. I used to bag the crap out of him the last fwe seasons, to the extent where i nearly got into a fight with a Richmond supporter who sits near me at Telstra Dome.  ;D

with an effective disposal rate of 58% tiv has no chance!!!

TIV BE GONE!

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 08:15:25 PM »
Tivvers will stay. He is a good player in a good side. Sounds dumb but you aint going to have 9 Richos and 9 Petters' in the side. Tiv stays.

I think Krak is definately under the microscope.
Throw in Gas.
Staff needs to otherwise ciao...
Jackson and Rodan would be my other two.
And my darkhorse is Schultz.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 09:57:32 PM »
my ones are

gaspar- freo are stupid, anythings possible- trade for mine
stafford- retired
rodan- no point/ delist/trade/just gone i reckon
krakouer- could be traded, not impacting after all these years...time to move on, weve  got plenty of forward pocket options
hall- could be traded, not a premiership player and wont be, as long as players like Hall are constants, we aint going anywhere
tivendale- could be traded, would be good in a good side, improved year may have currrency
moore- been no where for a long time now.

dark horse- like om21: Jay Schulz but theyll only do it if they can get a really early pick coz there desperate for a certain player.

I think Roach, McGuane and Limbach will all get 1 more year just to make sure.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 08:32:07 AM »
Staff - gone
Roach - gone
Rodan - Trade to Bombers  :lol
Krak - On thin ice. Could go.
Hall - Trade
Gaspar - Trade

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 01:08:12 PM »
Staff will retire

I think Chaffey may be in the same boat if he cannot get over his injury problems.

Kel Moore - seems a bit injury prone unfortunately

Tommy Roach - struggling to get back from the cheeckbone break and needs at least 8-10 senior games to stake a claim

Knobel is safe IMO because Staff will retire.

I also reckon it will be interesting to see what happens with Jackson - I just don't thinkthey know what to do with him.

Limbach - I see staying

Ray Hall - annual trade bait isn't he :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 02:39:03 PM »
Retirees: Staff, Chaffey

Need to show something or will be put up for trade: Rodan, Hartigan, Krakouer (all contracted for another year)

Need to show something or will be delisted: Jackson, Moore, Roach (all in their 3rd year)

Tivs and Gas are both out of contract so we either sign them up or let them go for nothing in return. With Will coming back from a knee and no definite successors to key defensive posts, IMO Gas and Hall will stay at Tigerland.

Also Graham will be the only rookie to survive.

So potentially 6 or more spots freed up on our list for te National and PSD drafts plus at least 2 more rookies.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 04:53:14 PM »
Staff & Chaff - Retirees.
Moore - Delisted outright.

If Shultz is offered around as 1st round trade bait, and not taken, a choice will be made between Gas, Hall & Chubba.  Just cant see all 4 surviving, however at best Gas offered a 1 year reduced contract as an insurance policy on Will's progress.

Krak & Tiv also offered as trade bait - if not PSD for Krak.  Meyer is a better small forward in 12 games than Krak has delivered in 70. 
Tiva will be overtaken by the young guys in 12 months, so a hard decision will be deferred for 12 months via a performance based contract.

Hart's, Roach & Jacko put on notice.  Hart's for attitute and may not survive at Tigerland.  Jacko appears to be a poor man's Goddard, no real position, caught in between KPP and midfielder without footy smarts.  Roach & Rodan are depth players at best, however Roach would appear to have more upside than the D-Rod.

Would like to see a full Rookie list next year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 06:03:48 PM »
Would like to see a full Rookie list next year.

I think that would be fantastic.

If the league go ahead and change the rookie rules allowing for a mature age player you'd use that for insurance and then fill the rest of it with kids 18-20 y.o's and develop them over the 2 year period your allowed to retain them for
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 07:14:05 PM »
Darren Gaspar: Out of contract I think at the end of the year. Only played a handful of games, and it is not promising that he has been dropped for such a long time in the 2’s. Age and injuries are not helping him.

Greg Stafford: I think this has been earmarked as his farewell year. Seems to lack intensity and interest and it show when you watch him play (especially when you compare him to someone like Patto who look really intense and focused in games).

Tom Roach: Pretty good overhead, has good pace and takes players on but lacks footy smarts and skill. Probably will be kept on the list as he is still fairly young, but would not surprise me if he left. Being a son of a gun may help him keep his spot.

Trent Knobel: More than useful tap ruckman may probably be used as trade bait this year IMO. If his name is not tossed up during trade week then he will stay a tiger.

Greg Tivendale: Played a few good games this year, but some poor games have put a black mark against his name. Especially the game against the Hawks where he continually turned over the ball and absolutely shat himself in front of goal (even on his dominant left foot).

David Rodan: I dunno, from my point of view has done very little. But in his favour are his style of play, work ethic and his part in the Richmond junior leadership group. IMO hopefully  we can offload him, as you can tell i'm not a big fan of the D-Rod.

Kelvin Moore: Similar type player to Thursfield (in terms of height and position), but Thirsty has surpassed Moore by a lot. Nothing really special about Moore's game and one of the most likely candidates for delisting IMO. Hasn't done anything this year, maybe because of injuries i'm not sure.

Mark Chaffey: Top bloke, works hard and gives 110% when given the opportunities. But IMO the game has surpassed him. Not very skilful and not quick enough and injuries certainly haven’t helped him. Most likely a retirement at years end for him.