Author Topic: Delistings?  (Read 5572 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Delistings?
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2024, 12:30:46 AM »
Owies can walk in. Our issue is that we are going to really struggle for a while. Drafting in forwards won't get bang for buck as the ball will be down the backline more than forward.

I'd be looking at some DFA backmen to help out, I'm unsure if Young and Miller are the answer in our rebuild. Do Lions or Swans have any key backs that aren't getting opportunities that could be an upgrade on what we have?

What about Balta and Gibcus aren't they the answer and already here. Im pretty sure Miller and Young are not the answer long term but are adequate cover in the short term if injury hits.
 Draft a quality kpd in the ND.

We are in dire need of quality key forwards. We have not replaced Riewoldt and Lynch is 32. Kossie,  Gray, and Lefau like Miller and Young down back are not high quality  replacements and are certainly not at the talent level of JR or TL.

The midfield scenario is also dire especially with the lack in both numbers and mids with pace footskills and size.

Taranto is never going to win a stawell gift, Hopper is the same, Prestia no longer has pace, Ross is slow, Graham is slow, Dow is slow Sonsie is slow, McAuliffe has okay pace.

Have a look at that lot that is our list of mids.
Speed is good Butler was quick, I think Coutard is quick…??
I think Coulthard will be delisted. He just is not where the ball is. He turns 24 next year and just has not done enough for his size and type.

Some have to go especially if we use 8 nd picks our rookie  psd and msd picks along with maybe a trade or state league player.
Kids in the nd and some older types in these areas.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2024, 09:17:22 AM »
Coulthard has been underwhelming and will be surely delisted.

Dow probably won't (fml).

Cumberland probably although I wouldn't - I would just keep him and play him forward and tell him to do whatever TF he wants to kick goals.

Colina should be, but didn't someone here say he's going again in 2025? lmao wtf

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2024, 05:29:04 PM »
Colina being a category b rookie means he can't play AFL unless someone goes on the LTIL and for memory is wage isn't included in the salary cap

Si it's not like he going to get a game ahead of say a Liam Fawcett
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2024, 12:27:25 AM »
Grockadoc on BF reckons Kmac has been told by the Club that he'll have to wait until we know how many picks we'll be using before he finds out whether he gets another contract or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEavcSNQKu8

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2024, 08:44:50 AM »
Would rather keep kmac vs guys like Coulthard and Dow

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2024, 09:13:56 AM »
I agree but Dow really had plenty of opportunity last year, should we keep him??
Coultard was MSD 2 years ago, got a few goes in 2023, no opportunity last year, unsure but I think keep him over Dow…

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2024, 09:17:14 AM »
I agree but Dow really had plenty of opportunity last year, should we keep him??
Coultard was MSD 2 years ago, got a few goes in 2023, no opportunity last year, unsure but I think keep him over Dow…

I'm cutting both at a minimum.

Colina only survives because he's CatB but I'd rather delist him too.

Cumberland I'm 50-50, happy if they keep him 1 year but just play him as a forward doing whatever the F he wants to. No defensive role focus.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2024, 09:53:13 AM »
Id delist them all.

Pick up some other kids in the draft. Better chance we find a Nick Larkey type kid at 73 or Mitch Lewis at 76 then hope that any of those mentioned above will come good for us to contend in 4-5 years.

Kmac may be kept depending on how shot our list is next year and may need some mature bodies to give some of the kids a chop out.

Dow is young but I just don't see him being good enough and I'd prefer to give this year's draft crop and McAullife and Sonsie his minutes to develop in the middle.
Go Tigers!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2024, 10:52:58 AM »
Id delist them all.

Pick up some other kids in the draft. Better chance we find a Nick Larkey type kid at 73 or Mitch Lewis at 76 then hope that any of those mentioned above will come good for us to contend in 4-5 years.

Kmac may be kept depending on how shot our list is next year and may need some mature bodies to give some of the kids a chop out.

Dow is young but I just don't see him being good enough and I'd prefer to give this year's draft crop and McAullife and Sonsie his minutes to develop in the middle.

Think we already have quite a few spots?

3 retirees, Graham, impending Baker/Bolton/Rioli.

That's 7 spots already.

Agree re: drafting deep though. Just gotta take a chance.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2024, 12:51:41 PM »
Need blokes to delist next year as well besides rookies and we can't delist the new kids for at least 3 years for the early picks & 2 years for the later ones I think...and most of new kids will be early picks....rules state clubs need to make a minimum of three list changes & take 3 picks in the main draft every year and I'd say we'll be bringing more than just three new players next off season given it'll only be the second year of a rebuild... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2024, 01:04:28 PM »
Need blokes to delist next year as well besides rookies and we can't delist the new kids for at least 3 years for the early picks & 2 years for the later ones I think...and most of new kids will be early picks....rules state clubs need to make a minimum of three list changes & take 3 picks in the main draft every year and I'd say we'll be bringing more than just three new players next off season given it'll only be the second year of a rebuild... :shh

Blokes on the block for 2025 IMO:

KMac
Sonsie
Bauer
Banks
Clarke
MRJ
Trezise

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2024, 02:02:53 PM »
Grockadoc on BF reckons Kmac has been told by the Club that he'll have to wait until we know how many picks we'll be using before he finds out whether he gets another contract or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEavcSNQKu8

Nothing new here  :huh3

This was reported in the mainstream media before the GF
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2024, 03:05:37 PM »

Blokes on the block for 2025 IMO:

KMac
Sonsie
Bauer
Banks
Clarke
MRJ
Trezise

Sonsie and Dow (if he isn’t this year) will be gone at the end of next. Sonsie wasn’t given the midfield minutes this year, how’s he going to get it next year with TT, Prestia and Hopper still playing and 2-3 top picked midfielders in this years draft.

It’s a shame too as I really think there’s a player there or atleast want to see what he’s got when played in his actual position.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2024, 03:26:45 PM »
Id delist them all.

That's 7 spots already.

Nope not right Blight and Gray take up two spots.
4 retirees - Pickett, Naismith, Grimes, Martin.
Trades - Graham, Rioli, Bolton, Baker.
Thats six spots open with the following to happen.
 We utilise the rookie and psd with pick one in our hands could take a couple of mature upgrades on the likes of Dow and co.. Maybe take a state league mature body plus our 8 nd picks
That to me is at least 4 or 5 delistings.
I think we were crazy not to keep a few late nd picks which would mean even more delistings.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2024, 04:04:15 PM »
Id delist them all.

That's 7 spots already.

Nope not right Blight and Gray take up two spots.
4 retirees - Pickett, Naismith, Grimes, Martin.
Trades - Graham, Rioli, Bolton, Baker.
Thats six spots open with the following to happen.
 We utilise the rookie and psd with pick one in our hands could take a couple of mature upgrades on the likes of Dow and co.. Maybe take a state league mature body plus our 8 nd picks
That to me is at least 4 or 5 delistings.
I think we were crazy not to keep a few late nd picks which would mean even more delistings.

Rookies are in addition to the main list aren't they? So Blight + Gray + P1 Rookie draft don't count from out 38 listed players?

We just cleared 8 spots on the primary list. 8 draft picks.

Plus I would get rid of Dow + Cumberland.

I mean couldn't we even just offer KMac a rookie contract?