Author Topic: Bailey Smith  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bailey Smith
« on: September 09, 2024, 06:18:37 PM »
Let’s get it done. 23 with outside pace to burn. Will be ready to rock and roll after a year off.
Think we sit back watching Cats and Pies duke it out for picks in the 20’s and then rock up with the pick 12 we get for Goldies academy pick (we have a heap of 3rd and 4the rounders to package up the deal).
And, if Doggied play hard ball (which I hope they do), we just get him in the December draft.
Win:Win
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Bailey Smith
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 06:30:25 PM »
Let’s get it done. 23 with outside pace to burn. Will be ready to rock and roll after a year off.
Think we sit back watching Cats and Pies duke it out for picks in the 20’s and then rock up with the pick 12 we get for Goldies academy pick (we have a heap of 3rd and 4the rounders to package up the deal).
And, if Doggied play hard ball (which I hope they do), we just get him in the December draft.
Win:Win
Mullet competition

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2024, 06:35:36 PM »
Gun player
Total flog though and I doubt he’d want to come to us anyway

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2024, 06:40:17 PM »
Pretty sure he is heading down the highway, will only get to us if a deal doesn’t get done I would suggest.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2024, 06:44:13 PM »
Let’s stop the loser talk and start hustling him over. He lives in East Malvern, close to his family so get him playing at the home of football in front of 80k.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2024, 07:51:41 PM »
Isn’t the rumour that because he’s a cotton on model he’s getting a brown paper bag from cotton on to play at geelong?

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2024, 07:52:42 PM »
Not a massive fan.

Absolutely butchers the ball which our team has enough of.

Seems to have things going on outside of football which I don’t think our club in its current state could help with.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2024, 07:59:20 PM »
Not a massive fan.

Seems to have things going on outside of football which I don’t think our club in its current state could help with.

He’s instantly top 10 on our list. Costs us nothing. Enough of the loser talk. Let’s improve it now.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2024, 08:07:59 PM »
Not a massive fan.

He’s instantly top 10 on our list. Costs us nothing. Enough of the loser talk. Let’s improve it now.

Your being very optimistic that he’s going to make it to the PSD if that’s what you mean by costs is nothing. As has been pointed out in the baker thread it very rarely happens. That’s not loser talk, that just being realistic. If he somehow does make it there then sure, but if your considering that then I guess it’s only fair to consider baker walking too.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2024, 08:48:27 PM »
Walk him to PSD like Houli

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2024, 09:22:57 PM »
Let’s stop the loser talk and start hustling him over. He lives in East Malvern, close to his family so get him playing at the home of football in front of 80k.

And supposedly looking at properties down on the surf coast
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2024, 07:46:31 AM »
We all need a beach house to get away from the big smoke Willy.
Besides, if Cats give him what he wants then as the song goes “If you can’t be with the one you love honey, love the one your with (at Tigerland)”

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2024, 11:03:50 AM »

Brett Delidio did the same thing.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2024, 11:11:48 AM »
Money talks.

We got lots of it.

If he's not a massive a-hole, dangle the carrot, walk him to PSD.

WB can gagf

Need to be more pushy for our future.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2024, 01:52:43 PM »

Brett Delidio did the same thing.

Vlas has or had one in Torquay...IIRC it got firebombed on the eve of the 2020 GF while he was in the Gold Coast hub.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.