Author Topic: Bailey Smith  (Read 1236 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bailey Smith
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2024, 02:05:01 PM »
Let’s stop the loser talk and start hustling him over. He lives in East Malvern, close to his family so get him playing at the home of football in front of 80k.

And supposedly looking at properties down on the surf coast
Brett Delidio did the same thing.

Vlas has or had one in Torquay...IIRC it got firebombed on the eve of the 2020 GF while he was in the Gold Coast hub.... :shh

Yep he sure does, did a lot of work on it himself as a chippie.

Nice quiet place for someone to have a summer break, doesn't mean they wanna live in that shanty town permanently.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2024, 06:57:18 PM »
Plenty of AFL players live in melb with houses on the surfcoast, no big deal

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2024, 09:21:36 PM »
TBH I cannot see the Bulldogs letting him go through to the PSD. There will be a trade to Geelong IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2024, 10:13:39 PM »
Clubs job is to turn around that opinion - but the player and manager not the supporters. I hope we are not too proud to do a hustle here.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2024, 10:20:12 PM »
TBH I cannot see the Bulldogs letting him go through to the PSD. There will be a trade to Geelong IMHO

That'd be right.

Geelong with their endless cap space, side deals, free houses etc

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2024, 10:35:59 PM »
Convincing a player to walk to the PSD sounds great when we’re getting the player, not so much when we’re the ones losing a player. Hope those of you hoping we go down that route with smith will be just as open minded if eagles/freo go down that path with baker.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2024, 06:13:39 AM »
Convincing a player to walk to the PSD sounds great when we’re getting the player, not so much when we’re the ones losing a player. Hope those of you hoping we go down that route with smith will be just as open minded if eagles/freo go down that path with baker.

We’ll just reselect him.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2024, 08:05:13 AM »

We’ll just reselect him.

But in this hypothetical scenario, we’ve already used our pick on Smith, so the eagles/freo as well as other clubs would be free to take him lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2024, 11:22:45 AM »

We’ll just reselect him.

But in this hypothetical scenario, we’ve already used our pick on Smith, so the eagles/freo as well as other clubs would be free to take him lol

get the baker did done first which you would think wouldn't be an issue with clarke :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2024, 07:13:08 PM »
Were not getting Smith.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2024, 08:28:15 PM »

We’ll just reselect him.

Don’t flinch first. West Coast need Baker, they desperately need a win. If we hold the line, they will cave in first.
We can make the Bailey Smith thing happen if we choose to be ruthless enough. Might pee off the player manager - who hd far too many cards in this part of the industry - but it would show our balls to get something done

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2024, 09:18:57 PM »
There’s something off with Bailey smith. I don’t think he can reclaim his 2021 finals form. This is a guy who tried to bail out Lachie hunter after he drunk drove into 4 parked cars, got caught with the nose beers, took mental health leave afterwards, and then when he did his acl did his rehab in Europe away from the club when most players at least hang around to support younger players. The bulldogs supported him through all of this and now he requests a trade and also recently on Instagram he throws shade at the dogs (now deleted)

He gives me Clayton Oliver vibes that he will never regain his peak and will just be 70% his best and be a distraction to other players

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2024, 09:23:05 PM »
There’s something off with Bailey smith. I don’t think he can reclaim his 2021 finals form. This is a guy who tried to bail out Lachie hunter after he drunk drove into 4 parked cars, got caught with the nose beers, took mental health leave afterwards, and then when he did his acl did his rehab in Europe away from the club when most players at least hang around to support younger players. The bulldogs supported him through all of this and now he requests a trade and also recently on Instagram he throws shade at the dogs (now deleted)

He gives me Clayton Oliver vibes that he will never regain his peak and will just be 70% his best and be a distraction to other players

Well said
Not sure I want him around a super young list

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2024, 09:54:22 PM »
Yes , has a Daniel Connors feel about him,
Seems to be heading for Geelong by all news reports.
Anyway who knows , someone else might pop up who wants to come to our club.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2024, 10:29:51 PM »

We’ll just reselect him.

Don’t flinch first. West Coast need Baker, they desperately need a win. If we hold the line, they will cave in first.
We can make the Bailey Smith thing happen if we choose to be ruthless enough. Might pee off the player manager - who hd far too many cards in this part of the industry - but it would show our balls to get something done

Lol the last time i looked we need a win more. Like us they are in full on rebuild mode but apparently unlike us they  are desperate.
Gotta love the hyperbole.