Author Topic: Six Giants banned, seven more sanctioned over Wacky Wednesday (Fox)  (Read 472 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Six Giants banned, seven more sanctioned over Wacky Wednesday (Fox)
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2024, 10:00:08 AM »
I’ll answer best I can WP

30 years ago nobody would have cared about what the GWS players did

30 years ago there would be practically zero chance a bartender would dob as Australia was an anti dibber dobber culture

30 years ago if by 0-1% chance the bartender did dob, he would cop stick and he would be the focus , not players letting their hair down

WP - I can tell you this .. we did far worse on end of season sessions for CY’s as would West Newport

The world has gone full scale stuffed

It was in poor taste, but if the bartender kept his stupid stuffing mouth shut , nobody would have known about it other than those at the IN HOUSE event (apparently private is wrong)

Lastly WP - if your employer paid for an event behind closed doors , it’s a PRIVATE event .. whether it’s paid by a corporate identity or not

I reiterate - worlds stuffed

Anybody wanting to play up or let their hair down or be politically incorrect in any way , find another country to live in .. because Australia is stuffed

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2024, 10:51:27 AM »
Both. More so at the bartender and the behavior was weird but it was private so that's all there is to it IMO.

I can't stand rats.

Was it really private though?

The Club paid for it, so under AFL rules whether people like them or not it wasn't a private function

If the bartender had reported as it happened would there be the same angst?

what does that even mean? Do you honestly think the club cared? I dont.

Private is private, end of story. Its not for some woke bar tender to call out behaviours that were occuring in private.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2024, 01:06:16 PM »

If the bartender had reported as it happened would there be the same angst?

what does that even mean? Do you honestly think the club cared? I dont.

Private is private, end of story. Its not for some woke bar tender to call out behaviours that were occuring in private.

I though it was pretty self-explanatory

People on this thread have whacked the bartender for waiting until it was all over to complain. So question was pretty straight forward,  would people reactions be different if he called out as it happened?

Based on what I'm reading clearly not

So just so I'm clear, anything that happens in private, is private? Anything? Or just certain things?

. I will repeat the Jarrad Hayne skit was not funny, it wasn't in bad taste it was disgusting. Mocking or making light ofwhat happened to that woman is in no way funny in privare or not. And anyone there who thought it was ok and allowed it to happen are as pathetic as the duo who did it.

And yeah the Club clearly cared, they've been in damage control for the last 72 hours. They fact they investigated and also handed it over the AFL integrity unit kinda says they know they are in deep poo

Damo - get your point but as you said 30 years ago things were different and isn't that part of the issue here? Whether we like it or not, agree or not things have changed in the last 30 years. Some things for the better some not. Sorry for mine the Hayne skit wasn't just in bad taste. It was worse than that.

And you are right 30 years ago there was no a "no dobber culture" in Australia maybe that's why Catholic paedophile priests got away with what they did for decades. You can't tell the shift away from that in so many cases hasn't been a good thing.

Finally, the Afl isn't your everyday corporate organisation and let's not forget they own the Giants, so they are free to do whatever they like to their employees are they not?

Andyy see my comment above to Damo about the AFL. I know I'm in  the minority here but I have no issue with the penalties. The AFL cannot preach equality and respect women etc and not act here.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2024, 01:26:07 PM »
They were in a private room
If someone in that room was uncomfortable, then it’s a different situation

The simple fact is that you should never have known what went on

None of our business

What you think was in poor taste or a horrible skit etc should have been utterly irrelevant

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2024, 06:15:57 PM »

. I will repeat the Jarrad Hayne skit was not funny, it wasn't in bad taste it was disgusting. Mocking or making light ofwhat happened to that woman is in no way funny in privare or not. And anyone there who thought it was ok and allowed it to happen are as pathetic as the duo who did it.

How do you know it wasn't funny? Have you seen it?

And you are right 30 years ago there was no a "no dobber culture" in Australia maybe that's why Catholic paedophile priests got away with what they did for decades. You can't tell the shift away from that in so many cases hasn't been a good thing.

Lmao need a special arrow for the long bow?  Now do school teachers..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2024, 07:45:29 PM »
All good WP, agree with your point in itself, but I just don't really like sporting bodies using their rank to push values and belief systems.

So I agree they had to do something, but don't like that they've made themselves into an organisation that has to do such.

Would rather they focused on their product.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2024, 10:52:49 AM »

No I haven't have you?

Now you may think making light or a joke of a professional footballer who went to trial 3 times for raping a woman while he had his taxi wait outside the house, was found guilty twice and had his conviction quahed on a technicality is OK. When we won't even touch on his exploits in the USa while he failing as a NFL player

I dont.

You can defend it all you like but it is not OK and it isn't funny.

But if to you it is Ok and you think it might be remotely funny, then that's your call and I'll leave it at that

Hmm perhaps we should

You call it a long bow but it is an example how things have changed around the "dob in culture" in Australia. I used it as example vexauee it is glaring and the single biggest example shift in people's thinking.

Now you may think the change is a terrible thing but my point was and is, in some cases it is a great thing. Again up to you if you think it's not

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2024, 10:57:44 AM »

None of our business

What you think was in poor taste or a horrible skit etc should have been utterly irrelevant

But Damo, there was some in the room that was uncomfortable  and they came forward...

obviously not at the time but they did come forward, they "dobbed" as most arecaaying and the moment they did it became (rightly IMHO) an issue that both the Cub in question and the AFL had to deal with it.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2024, 11:01:48 AM »
Wonder if they'll fall off a cliff next year.

Internal conflict.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2024, 11:17:02 AM »
I think I've heard it all now. Dobbing by a random woke bar tender that didn't like a private prank, is the same now as dobbing in old mate Pell hahahaha

I think you have form if I recall you were quick to blame Dusty over the chopsticks scenario.

Wake up WP seriously.

Giants will be top 4 and I hope they win it, just like Fagan did over that rubbish he was put through.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2024, 11:39:19 AM »
I think I've heard it all now. Dobbing by a random woke bar tender that didn't like a private prank, is the same now as dobbing in old mate Pell hahahaha

I think you have form if I recall you were quick to blame Dusty over the chopsticks scenario.

Wake up WP seriously.

Giants will be top 4 and I hope they win it, just like Fagan did over that rubbish he was put through.

:bow
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2024, 01:04:44 PM »
What was the Fagan rubbish?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2024, 01:51:08 PM »
Racism accusations
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2024, 03:12:16 PM »

None of our business

But Damo, there was some in the room that was uncomfortable  and they came forward...
it.

Uncomfortable or just wanted to be some sort of Virtue signalling hero.

I’m unsure where you want to draw the line, it’s almost as if you are saying no matter where you for example in your own home and doing something inappropriate but not illegal then if someone walks by your house and see what is happening through your windows then you can be held to account for it.

Something private should be private end of story.

The GWS players thought they were in a safe and private environment and were betrayed. They should be seeking compensation not being punsihed.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2024, 03:39:13 PM »

No I haven't have you?

Now you may think making light or a joke of a professional footballer who went to trial 3 times for raping a woman while he had his taxi wait outside the house, was found guilty twice and had his conviction quahed on a technicality is OK. When we won't even touch on his exploits in the USa while he failing as a NFL player

I dont.

You can defend it all you like but it is not OK and it isn't funny.

But if to you it is Ok and you think it might be remotely funny, then that's your call and I'll leave it at that

Hmm perhaps we should

You call it a long bow but it is an example how things have changed around the "dob in culture" in Australia. I used it as example vexauee it is glaring and the single biggest example shift in people's thinking.

Now you may think the change is a terrible thing but my point was and is, in some cases it is a great thing. Again up to you if you think it's not

I didn't see the joke or the context and neither did you but keep participating in trial by media with the rest of the morally vain peanut gallery... ::)

Not sure pedo priests got away with things due to an anti-dob in culture  - bit more complex than that....either way the biggest anti-dob in culture is in the criminal world and jail where the consequences for dobbing are often lethal and pretty sure even they've always made an exception for pedos... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.