Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 78399 times)

dwaino

Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »
ROFLMFAO!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
A. Edwards is actually a half decent player don't understand all the hate
Has had behavioral issues. We have spent so long saying how important the attitude side of a player is, it seems strange that the club went out a got a "bad boy" who could badly influence guys like Martin (a fellow Maori).
That and the fact he will be 29 seemed strange to most and a complete 180 to what has preceded it from the club.
:clapping
Spot on.  :thumbsup

Even worse than this is the fact that despite his history he gets locked up 3 days after given a lifeline. A complete moron if you ask me.
Apparently though he did nothing wrong.  :lol
The club that keeps giving.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »
A. Edwards is actually a half decent player don't understand all the hate
Has had behavioral issues. We have spent so long saying how important the attitude side of a player is, it seems strange that the club went out a got a "bad boy" who could badly influence guys like Martin (a fellow Maori).
That and the fact he will be 29 seemed strange to most and a complete 180 to what has preceded it from the club.
:clapping
Spot on.  :thumbsup

Even worse than this is the fact that despite his history he gets locked up 3 days after given a lifeline. A complete moron if you ask me.
Apparently though he did nothing wrong.  :lol

Spot off. Edwards is Samoan. born in Western Samoa.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »
Havent seen Matts Dad posting here for a while.
No doubt he will bob up soon, LOL

Veteran of forums is Greg White's dad. Think he was a member of Forsaken

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
bit too much detail there Coach Davey.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
Well he was.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
Weren't there only about 7 or 8 members at forsaken?  :lol This will be like shooting fish in a barrel  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
Hartley, CC and FJ are on record as stating that they're taking a 3 and 4 year view of recruiting and list replenishment along with salary management.  I see White's retention purely as a part of that.  Line up 3 or 4 very easy delistings at the end of 2013 and 2014.

Funny how list manager's at 3 other clubs in a lengthy article in The Age subscribe to the same managed, 3 and 4 year approach.   Including the Collingwood and Swans list managers. So the RFC is just managing to what many would subscribe as best practice.

Easy when you're not managing all the pieces.  The salary cap and the CBA it's imposition of set salaries for year 1 and 2 player's creates a fair bit of headache for the club.  Many moaning about Luke's salary for the past 3 years.  Few would if they took the time to do the maths. 

The CBA terms and the desire to keep structured salaries does impact your ability to move too much of the list, when that list is young.  We're in that bind now.
so what are they saying. i take it when we recruit a player it will be with the view we will look at them and keep them for 3 or 4 yrs. how this affects making it easy to delist players is beyond me.
most kids take between 2 and 4 yrs and talls even longer sometimes. depending on where you take a kid i would have thought planning your  contracts around 3 or 4 yr terms the logical thing to do. i still dont see what that has to do with keeping players who add nothing to your list.
 we have a 10 or more  not including rookies who we should be seriously looking at cutting.   most have been there more than 3 yrs.
atm if we are looking at cutting just 3 or 4 players each yr with the holes we have in the list then we will never get anywhere.

how does keeping white help us in this 3 or 4 yr approach hes had 7. how does he affect our salary cap are you saying we could not bring in a mature player like moloney as a f/a to help us get to 92%.
at 29 would not moloney with a two yr contract fall into that easy delisting category for 2013 2014.

and once again just because cc hartley and jackson say something does it mean they actually are right or what they say is written in stone and is totally inflexable.

there is absolutely no valid reason to keep players like white. weather thats contractually or the ability to delist players in  yr or two time. or the role he plays depth skills performance he ticks none of them.   in cutting him it does not create a list problem or a contractual problem sheesh they couldnt give him away no one wanted him yet we give him another yr. surely jackson and cameron has seen enough of him after all both have been there almost his entire career.

it is a valid question do these two even look at overall performances, the skill set of each player on our list, and the need for them in terms of the role they do with other options on the list. in whites case the answer to this must be clearly not.

i have to ask you do you think it at possible that every now and then they get things wrong. seems not the way every single thing they do is defended.
There always appears to be enough others with their head on the chopping block first that by the time the Club gets to Whitey they do their "mark out of 1000" ranking they determine that despite his deficiencies he's still better as a senior listed player than the 'unknown' kids selected at say pick 60 in the draft with deficiencies of their own. He has  no trade value either so the Club can't swap him for something worthwhile. It would've also helped him that the Club thinks it is locked and loaded  :-\ for finals in 2013 so they want ready-made fringe players to call on as temporary fill-ins. I'm not saying that's the way it should be and I can't believe Whitey is still around after 7 years to play mostly at Coburg again either but that's how he's surviving IMO. This time around he only 'just' survived along with McGuane  :help :scream and Derickx. Hard to see those names not being at the top of the cutting list in 12 months time.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »

There always appears to be enough others with their head on the chopping block first that by the time the Club gets to Whitey they do their "mark out of 1000" ranking they determine that despite his deficiencies he's still better as a senior listed player than the 'unknown' kids selected at say pick 60 in the draft with deficiencies of their own. He has  no trade value either so the Club can't swap him for something worthwhile.
yep, i think you are the money there MT
It would've also helped him that the Club thinks it is locked and loaded  :-\ for finals in 2013 so they want ready-made fringe players to call on as temporary fill-ins. I'm not saying that's the way it should be and I can't believe Whitey is still around after 7 years to play mostly at Coburg again either but that's how he's surviving IMO. This time around he only 'just' survived along with McGuane  :help :scream and Derickx. Hard to see those names not being at the top of the cutting list in 12 months time.

again have to agree, except for the "locked and loaded" Where the hell did you pull that crap from?
The quote you posted in another thread from Dimma harldy seems to be implying the club thinks it is locked and loaded
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »

There always appears to be enough others with their head on the chopping block first that by the time the Club gets to Whitey they do their "mark out of 1000" ranking they determine that despite his deficiencies he's still better as a senior listed player than the 'unknown' kids selected at say pick 60 in the draft with deficiencies of their own. He has  no trade value either so the Club can't swap him for something worthwhile. It would've also helped him that the Club thinks it is locked and loaded  :-\ for finals in 2013 so they want ready-made fringe players to call on as temporary fill-ins. I'm not saying that's the way it should be and I can't believe Whitey is still around after 7 years to play mostly at Coburg again either but that's how he's surviving IMO. This time around he only 'just' survived along with McGuane  :help :scream and Derickx. Hard to see those names not being at the top of the cutting list in 12 months time.
[/quote]
the club hardly acknowledges list deficiencies. craig cameron certainly does not.

we are not talking 18 yr olds here we are talking mature recruits both afl and state league.
we are 4 talls short on the list including ruckmen. in fact we are we are screaming out for a ruckman.
we are are at a minimum 4 mids short yet none of this is acknowledged.  we are looking at petterd another med  forward they certainly acknowledge the weakness in this area. in fact its been over kill petterd if we rookie him  edwards, knights who is to play also as a mid, to go with nahas, king, s edwards and likely martin will again spend significant time forward. now add white and tell me from a list perspective we needed to keep white.
pick 60 plus would enable us to take kyle martin a mature mid, or jack hannath or cameron symonds both ruckmen of promise. oth 20 and 21. it would enable us to take a tall player like hartigan or even allow us to take a tall at 43 and another mid at 60 plus.the options are nendless and the opportunity to actually attempt to fill a hole is huge yet we go again with a known hack.
fair dinkum id give another forward in duffy a 20/21  yr old a go in front of white he actually as far as filling up a hole and attending to age gaps is a good fit.

other options we had.
well we all including the club are crying about the lack of mids yet we dont even put in an offer for the best performed mid in f/a in moloney.    bloody hell moloney for two yrs or white  or jackson for that matter.

if they cant find a better player than white at 60 ot in the psd or f/a or even rookie they should give up.

tell me will he play in front of is it it even remotely likely he will play in front of king nahas, knights, edwards, edwards, even ohanlon possibly petterd and martin. not on your life. depth pppfffffttt.hes the worst of a poor lot and hes had 7 yrs to show hes worth a spot and failed abysmally.
they have it wrong.

dwaino

« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »
Would rather replace White in one year with an early draft pick than be stuck with another most likely potato for two years.

the claw

« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2012, 09:57:51 PM »
Would rather replace White in one year with an early draft pick than be stuck with another most likely potato for two years.
who says it has to be or had to be a draft pick this yr. brent moloney says high. but hey according to everyone hes too old a hack and not as good as white.
if white is only a one or two yr prospect why did we not go after blokes like moloney or stefan martin.arent they exactly the types we are lacking. another yr of white is equivalant of another yr of doing nothing.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2012, 10:13:12 PM »
how do you know we didn't make inquiries about these two?
plus the comment was would prefer white for 1 year (not 1 or 2) than a another spud for 2 years.(moloney got a 2 year contract)

MT has moaned loader and more often about mr Mgoo than anyone else (except you), but at least he can see the process that has him still on the list for now.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2012, 12:31:16 AM »
Stop swinging from the clubs nuts.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »

There always appears to be enough others with their head on the chopping block first that by the time the Club gets to Whitey they do their "mark out of 1000" ranking they determine that despite his deficiencies he's still better as a senior listed player than the 'unknown' kids selected at say pick 60 in the draft with deficiencies of their own. He has  no trade value either so the Club can't swap him for something worthwhile.
yep, i think you are the money there MT
It would've also helped him that the Club thinks it is locked and loaded  :-\ for finals in 2013 so they want ready-made fringe players to call on as temporary fill-ins. I'm not saying that's the way it should be and I can't believe Whitey is still around after 7 years to play mostly at Coburg again either but that's how he's surviving IMO. This time around he only 'just' survived along with McGuane  :help :scream and Derickx. Hard to see those names not being at the top of the cutting list in 12 months time.

again have to agree, except for the "locked and loaded" Where the hell did you pull that crap from?
The quote you posted in another thread from Dimma harldy seems to be implying the club thinks it is locked and loaded
It wasn't meant to be a direct quote from anyone at the Club. More an expression on my part to describe the Club's view that we're past the list development stage and it's now time we finally made the finals. I mean the Club was targeting finals this year even though I believed at the start of the season we wouldn't make it as we were too young, inexperienced and had poor depth. While Dimma is right to say finals isn't a right of passage, we have the likes of Craig Cameron talking about making the finals next year and there being no excuses. Dimma was just trying to keep the lid on the expectations of supporters. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd