Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 78659 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
A. Edwards is actually a half decent player don't understand all the hate

:thumbsup

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »
A. Edwards is actually a half decent player don't understand all the hate
Has had behavioral issues. We have spent so long saying how important the attitude side of a player is, it seems strange that the club went out a got a "bad boy" who could badly influence guys like Martin (a fellow Maori).
That and the fact he will be 29 seemed strange to most and a complete 180 to what has preceded it from the club.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2012, 07:08:47 PM »
Just goes to show how hard we are up for a KPF to support Jack

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »

FFS Jack shouldn't need support he should be kicking 175 a season FFS :banghead

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »

poo yeah Coach I forgot how lazy that SOB is.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »

FFS what sort of nuffer is happy with 60 goals. If he had any talent he would kick 9 a game

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »

FFS what sort of nuffer is happy with 60 goals. If he had any talent he would kick 9 a game
I for one am not happy with 60 goals a season :banghead
I expect A. Edwards to surpass Jack in his first season and kick 125 goals and assist Jack in at least half of his 112 goals.
A.Edwards will expose Jack for his lack of work ethic.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2012, 07:30:15 PM »

I expect A. Edwards to surpass Jack in his first season and kick 125 goals and assist Jack in at least half of his 112 goals.

Whats thst, in knocking back beers, coleman medalist we re talking
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2012, 07:36:26 PM »

Whats thst, in knocking back beers, coleman medalist we re talking
I won't be happy until he wins 14 Colemans, 6 Norm Smiths and i also think it is pathetic he has not won the rising star award for the past 5 seasons.

the claw

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »
It's from Damian Barrett nuff said.

He is just a depth player now. Would be top 30-35 now one would hope after trades and drafts.

Hopefully he won't see much senior footy but good luck to him if true about the extension.
hes not even a depth player.

he has never ever produced enough to deserve a game. a small mid  whos had 7 yrs who turns 26 in april. who does not get the ball just 10 possesions a game,  with poor skills and decision making. that makes him useless  for his age and type.  hes also played as a small forward and doesnt kick goals what role does he perform.
hes exactly like so many duds who have gone before him the odd good game and all is okay. i could go out and have a good game on the right day and im useless.

you want a depth player go and give a bloke like kyle martin a go tom sundberg sam dwyer and any amount of proven state league players who have the right skill sets and are athletically capable of the afl level.
with a bit of luck we not only get a depth player but players who lead and can maybe become decent consistent role players for richmond.
this bloke being a small should have well and truly established himself and clicked 4 or 5 yrs ago.

i have to chuckle at the attitude od f supporters who bring up f the club kept him so they must know something we dont so they think he can improve they must be right.
im sorry to say the club gets plenty wrong and everything about matt white.  type, age, experience, skills,  over all performance  and just about every stat you can think of says they are wrong.
he is redundant hes not even depth because hes behind forwards  nahas, king, edwards edwards, knights martin  and just about every mid we have on the list.

in all honesty at age 26 after being in our system for 7 yrs and 80/90 odd games he will all of a sudden have to improve dramatically most areas of his game and miraculously become a consistent player who in all honesty thinks this will happen with his many deficiencies.
yes it was a mistake keeping white we sure as hell could use another pick around 50 or even later on a mature player who adds depth in an area we are lacking.there are plenty there who offer more than white.
surely as supporters we look at these things for ourselves and form our opininions based on them with out the need to go down the ignorant " oh the club kept him he must be okay.
Claw you are full of contradictions. You may as well put this exact same post in the Aaron Edwards thread.
Like your last paragraph for instance. Reads well.
In all honesty at age 29 after being in the system for years and 82 games he will all of a sudden sudden have to improve dramatically most areas of his game and miraculously become a consistent player who in all honesty thinks this will happen with his many deficiencies.

......I agree totally.
Facts are White, Edwards, Post, Miller, Mcguane, Fringe player hacks that aren't good enough. Plain and simple.
you point out where im being contradictory and i will reply.

playing solely as medium sized forward this bloke averages 1.5 goals a game, and if you extend his average goals per game to 22 games over the last 3 yrs he would theoretically have kicked just on/under  2 goals a game for returns  of over 40 per yr. he uses the ball really well.  with the ball he makes good decisions and he actually hit packs hard. hes versatile in the fact he can take a fantastic mark for his size.
as a role player and that role  is purely as a  forward he is statistically the best sml/med forward we have on the list. he is without a doubt a massive upgrade on white yet posters defend their favorite club man and put the boots into edwards. yet in the same breath try and tell all of us matt white deserves his spot over edwards because hes nothing more than good depth. who is the better forward.
edwards  will give more than connors macdonald for starters that makes him an upgrade and an improvement to the list. how hard is that to grasp. hes certainly a better option than white.
yes we need to find another longer term solution to our sml/medium sized forward problems but make no mistake edwards is a big improvement on not only what we had but what we have.

that longer term solution should be a max duffy or marvin warrell type and they should have whites spot. keeping white prevents us having a crack at one of these type of players hes freakin clogging up the list hurting development and causing stagnation. 
what purpose does white fulfill.do we really need white nahas, king, edwards, edwards,  knights whos at the bottom of the tree here? whos had 7 yrs?  whos been consistently below
standard ? the answer is white. will he even get a game if injury occurs. 

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2012, 04:18:11 AM »
Hartley, CC and FJ are on record as stating that they're taking a 3 and 4 year view of recruiting and list replenishment along with salary management.  I see White's retention purely as a part of that.  Line up 3 or 4 very easy delistings at the end of 2013 and 2014.

Funny how list manager's at 3 other clubs in a lengthy article in The Age subscribe to the same managed, 3 and 4 year approach.   Including the Collingwood and Swans list managers. So the RFC is just managing to what many would subscribe as best practice.

Easy when you're not managing all the pieces.  The salary cap and the CBA it's imposition of set salaries for year 1 and 2 player's creates a fair bit of headache for the club.  Many moaning about Luke's salary for the past 3 years.  Few would if they took the time to do the maths. 

The CBA terms and the desire to keep structured salaries does impact your ability to move too much of the list, when that list is young.  We're in that bind now.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »

Yer but now he has support from Vickery and Edwards we expect 15 a game.

the claw

« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2012, 12:21:34 PM »
Hartley, CC and FJ are on record as stating that they're taking a 3 and 4 year view of recruiting and list replenishment along with salary management.  I see White's retention purely as a part of that.  Line up 3 or 4 very easy delistings at the end of 2013 and 2014.

Funny how list manager's at 3 other clubs in a lengthy article in The Age subscribe to the same managed, 3 and 4 year approach.   Including the Collingwood and Swans list managers. So the RFC is just managing to what many would subscribe as best practice.

Easy when you're not managing all the pieces.  The salary cap and the CBA it's imposition of set salaries for year 1 and 2 player's creates a fair bit of headache for the club.  Many moaning about Luke's salary for the past 3 years.  Few would if they took the time to do the maths. 

The CBA terms and the desire to keep structured salaries does impact your ability to move too much of the list, when that list is young.  We're in that bind now.
so what are they saying. i take it when we recruit a player it will be with the view we will look at them and keep them for 3 or 4 yrs. how this affects making it easy to delist players is beyond me.
most kids take between 2 and 4 yrs and talls even longer sometimes. depending on where you take a kid i would have thought planning your  contracts around 3 or 4 yr terms the logical thing to do. i still dont see what that has to do with keeping players who add nothing to your list.
 we have a 10 or more  not including rookies who we should be seriously looking at cutting.   most have been there more than 3 yrs.
atm if we are looking at cutting just 3 or 4 players each yr with the holes we have in the list then we will never get anywhere.

how does keeping white help us in this 3 or 4 yr approach hes had 7. how does he affect our salary cap are you saying we could not bring in a mature player like moloney as a f/a to help us get to 92%.
at 29 would not moloney with a two yr contract fall into that easy delisting category for 2013 2014.

and once again just because cc hartley and jackson say something does it mean they actually are right or what they say is written in stone and is totally inflexable.

there is absolutely no valid reason to keep players like white. weather thats contractually or the ability to delist players in  yr or two time. or the role he plays depth skills performance he ticks none of them.   in cutting him it does not create a list problem or a contractual problem sheesh they couldnt give him away no one wanted him yet we give him another yr. surely jackson and cameron has seen enough of him after all both have been there almost his entire career.

it is a valid question do these two even look at overall performances, the skill set of each player on our list, and the need for them in terms of the role they do with other options on the list. in whites case the answer to this must be clearly not.

i have to ask you do you think it at possible that every now and then they get things wrong. seems not the way every single thing they do is defended.

dwaino

« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »
Don't get your knickers in a knot. White will be gone next year and his spot will be taken by a first round draft pick. On ya, Whitey  :clapping

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »
Havent seen Matts Dad posting here for a while.
No doubt he will bob up soon, LOL