Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76179 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2010, 07:55:46 AM »
That was whites own fault - the poke in the eye. He dropped his hand away before Edwards made contact with it.
About Whites biggest blunder for the season  :D.

The thing that has surprised (pleasantly) me about White is his ability to hold his own in one on one contests as he is hardly ever beaten . Even when outnumbered at times he manages to scrag a ball up. Has also shown that he can be very creative with the ball. I think he has a lot more talent than some give him credit for and if he can keep improving will be a part of the clubs long term plans.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2010, 08:12:32 AM »
he has improved heaps and is finally using his pace both offensively and more importantly defensively for the team

still not sold on him yet though if we wanna become elite , players like him still need to improve

what he has got is tiger blood and ticker

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2010, 08:43:14 AM »
He's doing everything right at the moment, and IMO, he's off the list of players to get the chop at the end of the year.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »
still not sold on him yet though if we wanna become elite , players like him still need to improve
As do all the players, however he has an amazing combination of speed and endurance. If he can put it all together then he will be a very handy player for us. Remember, he's played 65 games for us now, look at the progress someone like Shane Edwards has made after playing 60 and you can see that it really does take a good 3 years before most players adjust properly to the level required.

White & Graham have meant that the 2005 draft wasn't a complete write off after all

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
Keeps on improving under the tutorledge of Hardwick.

A remarkable transformation really....was on"football death row".

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play 100 + games for the club now.
Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2010, 07:36:35 PM »
i reckon his last 6 weeks have been his best collectively. I have never been a fan, but fairs fair he's turned the corner and is now a genuine contributor to the side, plays within himself, understands his limitations(and strengths!) and plays to them

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2010, 06:21:58 PM »
Totally agree with the comments put on this thread. Lets hope he continues to improve not only for the club but for himself as well

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »
Seen Matt at the local gyn tonight( does extra work there once a week )
Asked him why he doesnt run through the banner any more.
Explained that earlier in the year when he was dropped to Coburg, he decided not to run through it, and has played well ever since.
Eye looked okay although blood shot.
Good bloke is Matt :thumbsup
Didn't you have the guts to tell him that you regularly post that he is the biggest dud at Tigerland? :wallywink

You obviously don't watch too much footy because Whitey has NEVER run through the banner before a Richmond game. It is not a new thing. Everyone who watches the Mighty Tigers has noticed it for years. And he is not the only one at Tigerland, or in the AFL.

Given Whitey's form it will be interesting to see if he runs through the banner for his 100th game for the Tigers.

I guess you are lucky that he didn't try to replicate his eye on your face, firstly because he doesnt't read your crap on here and secondly that he is a good bloke.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 10:18:20 PM »
Seen Matt at the local gyn tonight( does extra work there once a week )
Asked him why he doesnt run through the banner any more.
Explained that earlier in the year when he was dropped to Coburg, he decided not to run through it, and has played well ever since.
Eye looked okay although blood shot.
Good bloke is Matt :thumbsup
Didn't you have the guts to tell him that you regularly post that he is the biggest dud at Tigerland? :wallywink

You obviously don't watch too much footy because Whitey has NEVER run through the banner before a Richmond game. It is not a new thing. Everyone who watches the Mighty Tigers has noticed it for years. And he is not the only one at Tigerland, or in the AFL.

Given Whitey's form it will be interesting to see if he runs through the banner for his 100th game for the Tigers.

I guess you are lucky that he didn't try to replicate his eye on your face, firstly because he doesnt't read your crap on here and secondly that he is a good bloke.

:lol although Jackster has been a star since he's been back on the forum.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

jackstar is back again

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »
Its Jackstar you moron, not Jackster. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2010, 11:31:48 PM »
Jack,

You've said you seen White and Simmonds at the gym after hours?
Why are they wasting money on going to the gym when they have facilities at RFC? The club surely wouldn't close for our players to do extra gym work?
Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2010, 11:40:02 PM »
i doubt they pay

Ox

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2010, 11:41:11 PM »
Its Jackstar you moron, not Jackster. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :)

sorry Jackmeof  :santa

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2010, 01:42:56 AM »
Whitey has also re-signed apparently....

Quote from: RFC Official
Can't say too much, but stay tuned for an announcement

Quote from: IluvHarvey
Quote from: Madison

I'm guessin one year contract extension
I believe it is two years from what I have heard.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747813&page=3

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2011, 04:52:44 AM »
He still misses too many targets by foot which has always been his major flaw of his but Whitey has started well in his new shutdown role. He's kept Yarran and now Montagna out of the game in the past two weeks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd