Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76585 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2011, 09:27:37 AM »
the problem is those misses are often when not under pressure.

It's a shame because his pace and ability to win one on one contests are invaluable but he causes so much  :banghead
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
I've noticed he always tries to kick at full pace rather than steadying before he disposes.
His pace breaks lines and can keep up with any player plus his stamina makes him a great shutdown player as he won't run out of legs, but he just needs a bit more composure
I hope he can get this as I think he plays the tagging role well

TigerTimeII

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2011, 09:35:54 AM »
white is improving , been good 2 weeks now, but he still, like foley misses too many targets

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
Tagging roll suits him. Agree needs to work on hitting targets

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
White out (RFC)
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
White out
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Wed 22 Jun, 2011

Speedy Richmond utility player Matthew White will be sidelined for the next 2-4 weeks with a medial ligament strain in his left knee.

White sustained the injury playing for Coburg in the VFL last Sunday following his omission from the Richmond side that defeated Brisbane at the Gabba on Saturday night.

He was a key factor in Coburg’s stunning upset win against the Casey Scorpions, with his ball-getting ability, strong running and effective disposal.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/116805/default.aspx

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
Whitey got a meat tray for being B.O.G. today lol.

From Matty White twitter:

"What a result. A win with @CoburgFC and an awesome meat tray! ‪#livingthedream‬"

https://twitter.com/matt_white35/status/216798009617432576/photo/1

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2012, 06:47:51 PM »
There ain't any "burgers" in the meat tray..lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
But if that meat tray has come from Coburg City Meats then those snags are award winning and bloody delicious  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »
No Burgers in the meat tray
Your would think with the club being nicknamed the burgers..the meat tray would have some burgers in it
Great game by Matty although will get 2 weeks

the claw

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
my own preference is we dont play white in the seniors. like miller hes not the way forward and a waste of an opportunity to get more games into players who have not had a taste of afl.

will concede though if hes repeatedly in the best players the club should be seen to do the right thing and actually reward good coburg form. rather than continueosly hoping players already in the side will improve.  question is who does he come in for. surely not developing players like ellis and conca who quite frankly have given more in the games they have got than white has in any game in his 7 yrs at the club. perhaps white for a fellow battler like king or nahas.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2012, 09:18:17 PM »
White got reported and will probably get a holiday

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
White got reported and will probably get a holiday

Another reason why we need him playing for Richmond.

We need a bit of hardness, it's the reason Jacko keeps getting a game.

:cheers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »
my own preference is we dont play white in the seniors. like miller hes not the way forward and a waste of an opportunity to get more games into players who have not had a taste of afl.

will concede though if hes repeatedly in the best players the club should be seen to do the right thing and actually reward good coburg form. rather than continueosly hoping players already in the side will improve.  question is who does he come in for. surely not developing players like ellis and conca who quite frankly have given more in the games they have got than white has in any game in his 7 yrs at the club. perhaps white for a fellow battler like king or nahas.

Jackson

the claw

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »

Jackson
i can name 5 senior players who are regulars  i would never play again but whats the point  just opens a can of worms.  theres others badly out of form i would drop and give a kid a game as well.
at least white is not a regular so why add to the 5. a blind man can see who can and who cant take us forward imo the kids are close enough to the spuds to  put in and leave in and hopefully go way past em.
we are very much still a building and developing list why that goes out the window because we have won a couple of games is beyond me.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2012, 05:50:13 PM »