Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 76579 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #660 on: July 13, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »

Footlong Dog?

Are you Robin Nahas?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #661 on: July 13, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #662 on: July 13, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »
Still average.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #663 on: July 13, 2014, 08:16:23 PM »
Still average.

Apart from the goal he had a crap game

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #664 on: July 13, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »
Loved it when he stuffed up in the middle caused a turnover and goallllllllllll . Gold I thought  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #665 on: July 13, 2014, 09:18:38 PM »
Missed two sitters in the first quarter too. Oh well.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: July 13, 2014, 10:41:39 PM »
It's not that this dude is a superstar or anything.

But it sh!ts me that all he wanted was a second year and we offered him one.

Guys like Grigg, Titch, Foley etc get thrown 2-3 year deals like its nothing.

He's a line-breaker and we need somebody who can run like that.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #667 on: July 13, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »
White would've chased White down.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2014, 10:46:21 PM »
Na didn't run two ways  :whistle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #669 on: July 14, 2014, 03:29:10 AM »
Former Tiger Matt White produces one of the goals of the year but Richmond beats Port at Etihad Stadium

Rebecca Williams
 Herald-Sun
 July 14, 2014

AT THE end of the day, the scoreboard did not reflect a happy homecoming for Port Adelaide speedster Matt White facing his old club for the first time.

The Power suffered a 20-point loss to the Tigers, there was plenty of attention from his former teammates early on, not to mention a shaky start when his first two shots at goal went through for behinds in the opening quarter.

But White, who joined Port this season after eight years at Richmond, produced one of the highlights of the game with his brilliant final-quarter run that was immediately being hailed as a goal of the year contender.

White gathered the ball at half-back, ran full tilt up the wing with three bounces, burning off a chasing Steve Morris in the process, before unloading from 50m to goal.

“I saw Stevie Morris running at me and I knew that if I could just get him back inside, I might have a chance of getting away from him,'' White said of his run after the game.

“I tried to suck him in as much as I could and I was lucky enough to get around him and finish the goal with a very mongrel punt goal but it was nice to see that one go through.

“(I was going at) about 90 per cent and when he got closer I really put it down. It was nice to kick a nice goal like that, just disappointed we couldn't get the win.”

The goal was one two for White, his first coming after two behinds in the opening quarter, which he savoured against the backdrop of jeering from sections of the Richmond crowd.

“I was pretty happy to get the first one. I missed two early that I thought I should have kicked,'' White said.

“But to finish off with two, I was pretty happy with. Disappointed we didn't get the win, but did some nice things out there today.'' Richmond coach Damien Hardwick this week acknowledged how important the 27-year-old speedster had been for Port this season and suggested he would get plenty of attention from his former teammates.

White admitted he had been on the receiving end early in the match from the Tigers.

“It was difficult, the boys got into me a little bit early, which I knew was going to happen and bounce me around,” White said.

“I got a nice little elbow in the side of the head at one point just in the bottom of the pack. But that's all right, it was always going to happen.

“I hope I left the place on good terms. It was a decision for me to come and play some more footy and it's working for me and I wish the club all the best and I've just got to keep going now and look to finish the year off strongly and have a fair crack towards the end of the year.'' White has played 15 matches with the Power this year, producing career-best numbers in his ninth AFL season.

He said the decision to move was the right one for his game. “I am really happy with the move,” White said.

“I've come to a great place, we obviously haven't had the last couple of weeks that we wanted but this has definitely been the right move for me and my partner and hopefully I can repay Port Adelaide football club with some good performances to finish off the year.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/former-tiger-matt-white-produces-one-of-the-goals-of-the-year-but-richmond-beats-port-at-etihad-stadium/story-fndv8s6g-1226987389878

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #670 on: July 14, 2014, 10:51:38 AM »
“I hope I left the place on good terms. It was a decision for me to come and play some more footy and it's working for me

Was really wasted at Richmond. He came to the club same year as Edwards.  Imagine if he had the same opportunities.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: July 14, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »
He was a very good footballer before being drafted. unfortunate he had injuries & lack of chances. was coached poorly. Good Luck for the rest of your career. His still a Tiger supporter  ;D

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #672 on: July 14, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »
u should hang on to blokes like that.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: July 14, 2014, 06:57:01 PM »
u should hang on to blokes like that.

nar l'm happy his gone.  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #674 on: July 14, 2014, 06:59:35 PM »
“I hope I left the place on good terms. It was a decision for me to come and play some more footy and it's working for me

Was really wasted at Richmond. He came to the club same year as Edwards.  Imagine if he had the same opportunities.
White was drafted the year before Titch. He was picked in the PSD (which was called the 2006 PSD even though it was held in Dec. 2005).

He was the sole survivor from our shocking 2005 draft effort  :help:
ND: JON, Hughes, Casserley.
PSD: White
RD: A.Graham, Humm, C.Howat.