Author Topic: Have Humm & Rodan got the lemon & Sarce?  (Read 13418 times)

PuntRdRoar

Have Humm & Rodan got the lemon & Sarce?
« on: September 07, 2006, 10:52:58 AM »
Can someone confirm that Humm & Rodan have been given the behind from Punt Road! Great days gentlemen if its true...about time we started seeing this type of decision making, hopefully its true & theres more to come!

letsgetiton!

Re: Have Humm & Rodan got the lemon & Sarce?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 12:59:17 PM »
bloody hope its true

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »
if they are to cut Rodan then they have to pay out the remaining year of his contract and IIRC it would go into this year's calary cap

You would think they would try and trade first
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 02:17:09 PM »
if they are to cut Rodan then they have to pay out the remaining year of his contract and IIRC it would go into this year's calary cap

what if the second yr of his contract was based on his performance in the first yr of that contract???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 05:01:41 PM »
Humm is gone. He's ineligible to stay on the rookie list and won't get a spot on the seniors list next year.

what if the second yr of his contract was based on his performance in the first yr of that contract???

It was a 2-year performance-based contract so you might be on the right track X. Perhaps the pay-out will be cheaper because D-Rod played just 5 games this year. The club needs to trade or pay him out otherwise he'll just be stuck at Coburg taking the spot of a young kid on our list.

-------------------

Rodan to stay with Richmond in AFL
The Age
Breaking News
October 21, 2005 - 1:49PM

Richmond onballer David Rodan has agreed to a new deal with the Tigers, after earlier considering a change of AFL clubs.

Rodan, 22, who missed the entire 2005 season after rupturing a knee ligament in a pre-season practice match, has agreed to a two-year performance-based contract.

He had earlier been unhappy with a one-year deal offered by the club and asked the Tigers on the eve of the AFL's trade week earlier this month to sound out other clubs about a possible switch.

His manager Angie Papadopolous said Rodan's first choice had always been to stay with Richmond, but he had wanted to be certain about his future at Tigerland.

"It was just more about the security of what he was doing," Papadopolous said.

"He was never in question to be traded, there was a lot of clubs interested.

"It was just a matter of going through the process, both him and the club are happy."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport...9775942329.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 05:37:33 PM »
good work mt!!!

thank god it was a performance based contract, so i guess thats settled , rodant , seeya later!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 05:55:23 PM »
good work mt!!!

thank god it was a performance based contract, so i guess thats settled , rodant , seeya later!!!

From the super-draft of 2001 we now have nobody left after just 5 years apart from Hyde who was delisted and then re-drafted that year. Well done Spud  :banghead.

17. Traded for Stafford
33. Rodan
49. Traded for Hudson
63. Houlihan
68. Hyde - delisted and then redrafted
77. McGrath
Rookie elevation: Ednie

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 06:15:48 PM »
good work mt!!!

From the super-draft of 2001 we now have nobody left after just 5 years apart from Hyde who was delisted and then re-drafted that year. Well done Spud  :banghead.

17. Traded for Stafford
33. Rodan
49. Traded for Hudson
63. Houlihan
68. Hyde - delisted and then redrafted
77. McGrath
Rookie elevation: Ednie

spud would have to go down as the biggest dud off all. to even think he wanted pettifer out also

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 08:07:16 PM »
It was a 2-year performance-based contract so you might be on the right track X. Perhaps the pay-out will be cheaper because D-Rod played just 5 games this year. The club needs to trade or pay him out otherwise he'll just be stuck at Coburg taking the spot of a young kid on our list.

I think you would find that under the AFL CB agreement he would have to be on a minimum base rate + match payments. The performance criteria would be a extra for the amount of games, where he fnished in the B&F, and perhaps on certain stats categories stuff like that.

Probably would be cheap to pay out but again I think if they've decided he is on his way then you would got for the trade first. If by some cahnce you can package him with another player you'd do that first wouldn't you

Correct me if I am wrong but you don't have to do your first lot of delistings until 31 October? So I don't think there is any great rush

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 09:16:25 PM »
Probably would be cheap to pay out but again I think if they've decided he is on his way then you would got for the trade first. If by some cahnce you can package him with another player you'd do that first wouldn't you

Correct me if I am wrong but you don't have to do your first lot of delistings until 31 October? So I don't think there is any great rush

That's right WP. The first list lodgement isn't until Oct 31 and I'm sure that's the order the club will do things for any player who may be offloaded. See what interest is out there up to and during trade week (Oct 9-13) and then make a official  ;) final decision about delistings. The player themselves would be aware though now of their pecking order.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 03:54:43 AM »
Any goss or whispers from last night on the delisting and trade front?

Moi

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 05:25:29 PM »
In Johnston's speech he said goodbye to all the players that were leaving this year - he put Rodan's name in there as well.
Major stuff up, because Rodan was unaware of it.
I had a word to him later and he said it came as a complete surprise as he's in negotiations at the moment

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 05:49:51 PM »

Moi

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 05:54:33 PM »
That's pretty disgraceful, IMO
Last night was a celebration for this year, where the kids just have fun.
I thought Rodan was pretty much shocked about the whole thing and should not have been told in that fashion.
Maybe they have an inkling they won't be there, but if it's not common knowledge, last night was not the time to do it and so publicly.

Very embarrassing for those concerned

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 05:57:56 PM »
I actually had to double check today to make sure I had heard right.

First the way the Chubba thing was handled (btw kudos to Chubba on how he conducted himself last night) and now this  :help :help - not great  :-\