Author Topic: Thorton, Fisher and Kingsley  (Read 5744 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Thorton, Fisher and Kingsley
« on: September 20, 2006, 04:33:07 AM »
Kingsley has quit the Cats while Thorton and Fisher are undecided at Carlton.

Any interest in any of these three from us at Richmond?

Thornton, Fisher at odds with Blues
Stephen Rielly
September 20, 2006

KEY-POSITION Blues Bret Thornton and Brad Fisher are in dispute with Carlton over new deals, with Thornton believed to be the primary target of several clubs who are looking to shore up their defences.

Thornton, in particular, has been a regular senior player almost from the time he stepped into the side in 2002. The 193-centimetre 22-year-old played all 22 games this year as a key back for a total of 91 in five seasons. He finished seventh in the recent best-and-fairest count.

Fisher, also 22, has had his injury concerns but played 13 games this year and his 50th match in round 21.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/09/19/1158431712598.html
Kingsley quits the Cats
20 September 2006   Herald-Sun
Scott Gullan

KENT Kingsley will play his final game for Geelong on Sunday in the VFL grand final.

The much-maligned forward met Cats chief executive Brian Cook yesterday and informed him he wanted to continue his career elsewhere next year.

While understanding his position on the list was under scrutiny given his horror season, Kingsley said he wanted out of Skilled Stadium regardless of what came from the club's wide-ranging review.

"I figured under whatever circumstances, I didn't want to be there next year," he said. "I just need a change of scenery. I need to re-energise."

Kingsley, who led the Cats' goalkicking for the past four years, said he still did not understand why he had been made the scapegoat for the club's dismal season.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20444039%255E19742,00.html

letsgetiton!

Re: Thorton, Fisher and Kingsley
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 06:43:17 AM »
have to trade hall for thornton, that has to be high on the tigers agenda

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »
Youd look at Thornton for sure, havent really thought about what youd offer. In other footy rumours on the net today lol...people are suggesting Tuck & Krak to North in some sort of deal for pick 3. Anyone have any more details on this rumour.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 01:14:45 PM »
I reckon Thornton would be desperate to come to Richmond ;)

It would mean he would no longer have to play on Richo :rollin :help :thumbsup

Fisher seems very injury prone and has never really come back from the knee injury (I think it was a reco) he had 3 odd years ago. Also at 22 he still seems as skinny as rake.

Kingsley - I could see the Tigers being interested because he can be a very good 2nd or even 3rd fwd option behind Richo and it would also free up Schulz to go back (if that's still in their thinking). Personally I wouldn't be interested in him but I can see the Tigers having a look.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 02:47:49 PM »

Kingsley - I could see the Tigers being interested because he can be a very good 2nd or even 3rd fwd option behind Richo and it would also free up Schulz to go back (if that's still in their thinking). Personally I wouldn't be interested in him but I can see the Tigers having a look.

down here in geelong, the talk is that the tigers and cats have already discussed a deal and kingsley will be a tiger next yr. not sure what to think , if he becomes consistant, he does have the ability to kill sides  as he did earlier this yr. who knows maybe a new jumper will bring that consisancy.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 04:51:26 PM »
As long as Kingsley doesn't become our Ottens thinking changing clubs is the answer to all his problems. On his day he can kick a bag but other times goes missing.

Fisher is footy smart but as WP says he is injury prone and on top of that seems to have the Fiora's of not being able to bulk up.

Thorton has really improved at FB in recent years. He'd find the job easier too playing in a better team. Defensively he'd be a good pick up given his age and size but my only query is can he play rebound footy. I haven't seen enough of him to judge that part of his game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 04:58:12 PM »
I actually rate Fisher very highly, dont think we need him though as we have players like Brown, Petts who play a similar role down forward.

Kingsley could be ok for a season or two at a cheap price. As stated earlier, he wouldnt be the number 1 forward with Richo, Brown and Petts playing in the same forward line.

Shultz could also be developed as a CHB then.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 08:40:17 PM »
Kingsley was ordinary today in the VFL final from the few snippets I saw today. Still just a mark and goal kicker and an ordinary and unreliable one at that. Pass.

Jackstar

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 08:46:08 PM »
Kingsley is worth a look. Have a look at what Terry did with Patty Bowden this year.
Do believe that poor Kent had a few personal issues to contend with this year down at Skilled Stadium. A new place of employment would do wonders I reckon.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 08:53:24 PM »
Kingsley was ordinary today in the VFL final from the few snippets I saw today. Still just a mark and goal kicker and an ordinary and unreliable one at that. Pass.

Actually felt sorry poor old Kent today as he was inflicted with "Richo-i-tis" ......... "I have 4 opponents but no worries boys just kick to me anyway" :banghead Geesh the Cats played dumb footy today (what's new ;D:whistle

I still think he is worth considering for the right price - I mean a trade like Rodan for Kingsley would have to be a win for us

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 08:57:07 PM »
That's true WP. Geelong were shocking today.

Terry moved Paddy to a HBF and wing after playing as a forward at the doggies. A masterstroke that turned his career totally around. Unless Kingsley can do likewise and play elsewhere other than FF then IMHO he would just be competing for a spot against younger Tigers like Sarge, Hughes and  Limbach.

Jackstar

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 09:06:57 PM »
Remember the name Mark Graham ?
Might use Kent in as a stop gap for a year. Cleve Hughes and co mighten be ready next year

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »
Might use Kent in as a stop gap for a year. Cleve Hughes and co mighten be ready next year

Remember him well Jack - actually there were a few times this season when we could have done with him.

I can actually see a forward line of Richo, Brown, Pettifer and Kingsley working.

Think you maybe right about the other younger blokes not being ready - 2nd half of 2006 they seemed to run out of puff

Bulluss

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 09:55:35 PM »
Do believe that poor Kent had a few personal issues to contend with this year down at Skilled Stadium. A new place of employment would do wonders I reckon.

Dont tell me Thommo was cutting Kent's lunch also  :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 10:58:30 PM »

Graham was a cheap (pick 60ish and unwanted) stop-gap defender when we needed one with so many youngsters drafted in 2004. We don't need a stop gap FF when our main weaknesses reside in our midfield and lack of key defenders. Kingsley would only be of some use if he comes similarly cheap and Schulz is moved back and tried again at CHB.