Author Topic: Favourite photos  (Read 9367 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Favourite photos
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 01:08:56 PM »
WTF is this - Dandenong Social security maybe ?

lol. Or a anti-G20 rally  ;)

Ohhh - collingwood social security  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 01:37:17 PM »
WTF is this - Dandenong Social security maybe ?

lol. Or a anti-G20 rally  ;)

Ohhh - collingwood social security  :lol

:rollin

The hardware store in Johnston St Collingwood near Vic Park sums up the Pies - "Abbotsford Tools"  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 05:04:41 AM »
Photos of the Challenger space shuttle about to launch on its third mission. There were 10 in all and obviously the tenth was that fateful one  :(. This one carried a set number of American postage stamps (see below), one of which was given to me by a neighbour when I was a kid.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 05:09:02 AM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 05:10:36 AM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 05:14:48 PM »
This is one of my favorites. A group of ANZACS from WWI in Egypt.

That's an awesome photo tiga  :cheers.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »
This is one of my favorites. A group of ANZACS from WWI in Egypt.

That's an awesome photo tiga  :cheers.

Thanks MT. Apparently most WWI original glass negs are in musems, the war memorial, or owned by serious collectors...except for this one.

It's the only War negative I have, but I have some others you might me interested in which I'll put up later today. 

Moi

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 06:18:20 PM »
Awesome Tiga - they're so clear  :thumbsup

Have no fear I won't copy or anything, but there's really nothing you can do to stop someone saving a copy of them unfortunately.  I'm sure there's lots of photos out there that people would want to share - but like you, scared they'll end up everywhere.

We are privileged to have them here, Tiga  :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 06:51:10 PM »
My dad used to live opposite the Lindrums in Kerferd Road, Albert Park.  My grandfather was mates with their dad and used to often play pool over there with him.  Dad was only about six at the time, and doesn't have much memory of them, but he does remember his father who was a carpenter trying to make a pool table out of concrete which turned out to be one giant disaster  :rollin  Must have weighed a ton lol

Ox

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 08:02:30 PM »
cool vibe man.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 09:36:36 PM »
Great pics tiga  :bow  :clapping.

Good ol' Canberra. 4 lane freeways you can drive around on all by yourself  ;D

I guess I have to say this since I own them that all these images (Including the ANZAC picutre) are copyrighted and are not to be printed, reproduced or altered for the purposes of commercial use without permission. I totally trust all the regulars here but some fly in's could rip them off. 

Looks like you might have to kick some Aussie gov butt tiga  ;).

http://nla.gov.au/nla.cs-pa-HTTP%253A%252F%252FWWW.POWERHOUSEMUSEUM.COM%252FTYRRELL%252FSHOW.PHP%253FID%253D158

The Castle II: tiga goes to the High Court to tell the government to bugger off from nicking his negatives ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 10:01:06 PM »
cool vibe man.

Bring back those yellow footy boots  :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 10:06:15 PM »
Awesome Tiga - they're so clear  :thumbsup

Have no fear I won't copy or anything, but there's really nothing you can do to stop someone saving a copy of them unfortunately.  I'm sure there's lots of photos out there that people would want to share - but like you, scared they'll end up everywhere.

We are privileged to have them here, Tiga  :thumbsup

Glad you like them Moi.
 I don't mind anyone saving them and viewing them for their own personal use. It's when people rip them off to make money from them that I will object to. I have over 100 glass negs of various pics from Australia's yesteryear. These are only a small sample but they are some of my favorites. These were scanned on a really ordinary scanner and saved at 800x600 so they are not printable quality anyway. You should see the originals. They are as good as the day they were taken with the exception of a few dots and scratches that have occured over time. Some of them are over 100 years old.

I spoke to a lady at the powerhouse museum here is Sydney and she was pressuring me to donate them because I suspect she knew what they were worth. Fat chance. One guy at a photographic forum said he saw some glass negs of just ordinary stuff going for $4000 each about 8 years ago. I have a very rare candid of Albert Namatjira painting in the bush which I've been told is worth a few bob. I had them all stored away in security storage when I found out that they were worth something. I was thinking of selling prints online to make some extra cash rather than sell them off. Do you think people would spend money on large prints of images like these? They certainly have a general interest factor but I have no idea if people would part with their hard earned to put them up in their living room. Maybe if I frame them they might be more appealing.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 10:15:36 PM »
cool vibe man.

Bring back those yellow footy boots  :thumbsup

Great snap Ox. I had a pair of the black with yellow stripes with moulded soles. I remember staring at the all yellow ones in Yodgee's sports store in glenferrie Rd Malvern when I was a little mite but they didn't make them in kids sizes if I recall.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 11:15:26 PM »
Do you think people would spend money on large prints of images like these? They certainly have a general interest factor but I have no idea if people would part with their hard earned to put them up in their living room. Maybe if I frame them they might be more appealing.

I could see frame Lindrum prints hanging on a wall in pool/sports rooms. If Ch 9 can flog their dodgy memoriabilia lol then there should be a market for genuine decent items like yours tiga.

If you've got 100 of them, making a pictorial book could be an option too. I've got a book of Henri Mallard's photos he took during the construction of the Harbour Bridge.