Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 240029 times)

tony_montana

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #2070 on: October 27, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »
KK looks strong at npl level, classes above the opposition - would love to see him given a go and do well

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2071 on: October 27, 2017, 09:11:18 PM »
If this poos started time for my summer holiday
Pffft

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2072 on: October 27, 2017, 09:12:03 PM »
Rather watch AFLW/X and I'm not doing that either

dwaino

« Reply #2073 on: October 27, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »
KK looks strong at npl level, classes above the opposition - would love to see him given a go and do well

Best part is if he gets a go in the next two weeks he won’t be as drilled with the team plan and hopefully plays with some of the natural game in his highlights. Either that or Leroy gets a bit of a licence to be more attacking as I don’t think he’ll be whipping them into the box from wide.

Just watched most of the Scum FC v Perth game. Don’t know how Bes is branded with the reputation of being a diver when there are absolute fish like Carney running around. That guy is a stuffing germ. Thought Perth were going to be a force this season. Bit light up back but they have a fair bit of firepower in the middle and up forward. They looked like total arse tonight though. Would absolutely love Castro in Victory colours. Starting to get on a bit but still the most skilful player on the league imo.

dwaino

« Reply #2074 on: November 04, 2017, 02:51:34 AM »
Sydney have some seriously slick ball movement. Can’t stand Arnie and can’t stand a few of their players. Besides Ninkovic they don’t have a single standout player you would have in your side. However they are expertly drilled and as a team they are going to be very hard to stop. I think Victory should have beaten them the first week. Not anything to do with us but Sydney were flat as a tac and we had half a side in (might be stronger than what we can field this week though  :thumbsdown) and we had so many chances to put them away. Since then they have corrected and look to be the team to beat again.

tony_montana

« Reply #2075 on: November 04, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »
Well drilled is an understatement. Watched most ofthe first half last night and thought City looked comfortable, Sydney weren’t threatening much, flicked it over to the tugerthon to watch the last qtr against Melbourne (one of my fav qtrs of the year) flicked it back and Sydney up 1-0 and tbf we didn’t even look like scoring, they will be tough to beat, although I do feel City will get a lot better as the season progresses

dwaino

« Reply #2076 on: November 04, 2017, 01:14:39 PM »
Their passing is just sublime. I thought this was going to be a good season, all the teams tried to improve their squad quite aggressively and there seem to be a lot more new faces in the league compared to the musical chairs it usually is, but Sydney and City look like the only teams that can play this season. The other 8 just look poohouse. Mariners probably only marginally worse than everyone else.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2077 on: November 07, 2017, 05:14:17 AM »
Take a draw every time after being 10-man down within 25 mins and 0-1 on the scoreboard with the opposition getting a penalty as well. We actually played better and with more fight and team spirit with 10 men and Thomas actually pulled off a save to deny the penalty.

As for Austin :facepalm. You don't give a card happy ref like that an excuse to give you another yellow when you're already on a yellow. I mean getting sent off for sticking your leg out to block a free kick from being taken is ridiculous :banghead.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:02:52 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #2078 on: November 07, 2017, 09:45:10 AM »
Most of our cards were there by the letter of the law (though most refs have the common sense to let some go) but it was pretty obvious he was out on a mission when they were only one way. WSW could hack us with impunity and there was no way that was a pen. We still haven’t been able to put a full side on the park. We have no mojo at the moment but at least the draws keep the points rolling over until it clicks. George is keeping us in it, he is a gun. Can see why Williams is on the periphery of the national team too, very athletic and great skills for a CB. Just needs to stay injury free.

And Fox need to ditch Ned Zellic. He’s a deadset embarrassment.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:05:53 AM by dwaino »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2079 on: November 07, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
Most of our cards were there by the letter of the law (though most refs have the common sense to let some go) but it was pretty obvious he was out on a mission when they were only one way. WSW could hack us with impunity and there was no way that was a pen. We still haven’t been able to put a full side on the park. We have no mojo at the moment but at least the draws keep the points rolling over until it clicks. George is keeping us in it, he is a gun. Can see why Williams is on the periphery of the national team too, very athletic and great skills for a CB. Just needs to stay injury free.

And Fox need to ditch Ned Zellic. He’s a deadset embarrassment.
I'm hoping this fightback against the odds has restored some mojo. It's unbelievable that despite being winless after 5 games we're still only 2 points out of the top 6  :o.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2080 on: November 12, 2017, 02:53:01 AM »
Another chance goes begging last night thanks to ballwatching in defence gifts Holman the equalizer  :banghead.

dwaino

« Reply #2081 on: November 12, 2017, 02:27:38 PM »
Hopefully we can actually field a side some time this season. Hanging on by fingernails. Theoharous looks like a great development prospect though. Should be starting every week before Ingham and Austin. In saying that I thought Ingham stepped it up a bit but his passing and finishing is still bog average.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

dwaino

« Reply #2083 on: November 18, 2017, 09:46:29 PM »
Normally I’d say it would be a blessing so Kev doesn’t have an excuse to play him but we’re starting to run out of players.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2084 on: November 19, 2017, 11:45:11 PM »
Finally on the board in the win column and up into the top 6  :thumbsup. Always a good win when you beat Perth over there. Still not sure what the Perth defender in the box was trying to do with the cross that lead to our first goal but we'll take it lol.