Author Topic: Daniel Connors [merged]  (Read 52909 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Connors [merged]
« Reply #705 on: January 07, 2023, 09:01:57 PM »
Still a great bloke I see.

You know they're out of control when Cousins feels like he needs to punch someone lol.

So glad we got rid of this dud and stopped him influencing dusty too much.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #706 on: January 08, 2023, 11:30:11 AM »

You know they're out of control when Cousins feels like he needs to punch someone lol.

He’s many things .. but a dud?
The guy was super talented , such a waste

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #707 on: January 08, 2023, 12:52:11 PM »
My definition of dud:-
1. Can’t play despite being super professional and reaching his potential
2: Won’t reach potential because he refuses to be super professional

Dan Connors meets criteria #2
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #708 on: January 08, 2023, 04:15:38 PM »

He’s many things .. but a dud?
The guy was super talented , such a waste

Google definition:
'a thing that fails to work properly or is otherwise unsatisfactory or worthless.'

As far as I'm concerned he's an absolute dud and a few handy games doesn't change that. Same with Stack.

Potential means diddly squat to me if it can't be tapped with any consistency.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #709 on: January 08, 2023, 06:14:04 PM »
By that logic there are only really two types of player. The blokes in the ones and the duds. Anyone who doesn't leave the game on their terms in the end would also have to be a dud at that point.

Semantics. Kid could seriously play , as can/could Stack.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #710 on: January 08, 2023, 10:41:53 PM »
You can't play if you're not in the system. Dud.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: January 08, 2023, 11:18:21 PM »
By that logic there are only really two types of player. The blokes in the ones and the duds. Anyone who doesn't leave the game on their terms in the end would also have to be a dud at that point.

Semantics. Kid could seriously play , as can/could Stack.

Nope, you can still have good players in the twos. Lynch is our best player but we can't play 12 of him in the same side can we? Different roles etc.

Also once you're about 35 and cooked that's probably satisfactory or appropriate given your age.

Anyway we can all agree that he could play. Not useful having 1-2 good games each year while you're busy doing gear and partying all the time.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #712 on: January 10, 2023, 12:40:47 AM »
Connors was a dud, and history proves it. He was and is still a knob too. Was talented enough to get drafted like many others but a dud.

If he wasn't a dud he'd have proven the delisting to be wrong. He didn't.
Go Tigers!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: January 10, 2023, 12:50:35 AM »
What a stuffing mundane argument this is.

From my perspective a dud in footballing terms is a bloke with little ability that can't get much of a kick or is painfully soft.

Even at the local level there are seriously talented blokes that don't take their football serious enough but can play. I wouldn't call them duds, just blokes that don't give enough of a poo or are pumpkin heads. Ditto Connors, Stack, Marty McGrath etc

You blokes are of the opinion that you're a dud if you get delisted. That's your view, live and let live
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #714 on: January 10, 2023, 12:59:48 AM »
What a stuffing mundane argument this is.

From my perspective a dud in footballing terms is a bloke with little ability that can't get much of a kick or is painfully soft.

Even at the local level there are seriously talented blokes that don't take their football serious enough but can play. I wouldn't call them duds, just blokes that don't give enough of a poo or are pumpkin heads. Ditto Connors, Stack, Marty McGrath etc

You blokes are of the opinion that you're a dud if you get delisted. That's your view, live and let live

Oh please the guy is a dud through and through. He had talent and wasted the lot. Being delisted has nothing to do with it, if you're playing at AFL level and don't have the professionalism to play more than about 5-6 good games then you're a dud, end of story. Sheesh how many other blokes got drafted and played a few handy games? Cleve Hughes for example. Still a dud.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #715 on: January 10, 2023, 06:54:41 AM »
As I said, semantics. I don't use that word on blokes who are talents. I see why you fellas do, I just don't agree that you're a dud footballer if you're not playing consistent AFL footy

If you called him a dud recruit I'd agree. Not a dud footballer though

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #716 on: January 10, 2023, 08:47:14 AM »
I get both arguments but lazy people are dud athletes and footballers are professional athletes
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #717 on: January 10, 2023, 09:43:11 AM »
As I said, semantics. I don't use that word on blokes who are talents. I see why you fellas do, I just don't agree that you're a dud footballer if you're not playing consistent AFL footy

If you called him a dud recruit I'd agree. Not a dud footballer though

Getting very picky now but I actually just called him a dud, not a dud footballer. Given that this is a professional club at the highest level and we are a footy forum for the same I think it's fair to say any player is a dud if they are unprofessional and don't realise their talent however sensational or modest that may be - it's really the whole point of the industry.

Need talent, effort, commitment, professionalism etc. He had 1 of those only so he's a dud regardless.

I get both arguments but lazy people are dud athletes and footballers are professional athletes

Exactly. Dud dud dud.

Broadsword

« Reply #718 on: January 10, 2023, 10:10:45 PM »

So glad we got rid of this dude and stopped him influencing dusty too much.
Fixed a spelling mistake in the original post. Hopefully that clears things up.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #719 on: January 15, 2023, 03:47:39 AM »
Police have charged a fourth person over a car chase shooting in the northern suburbs on Christmas eve. Former Richmond star Daniel Connors is among the men already arrested. @jodilee_7 has the latest.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1614157833901309954