Author Topic: Carl Peterson  (Read 22458 times)

Tigermonk

Re: carl peterson
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »
He will be a very good player for them, no doubt.

No doubt? Based on what? Last nights game?
Pretty quick to say that jackie. David Rodan started well too..

Raines never had a problem picking up possessions but again last night in the 2nd half particularly he found himself running in to trouble.
His disposal in the first half was quite solid and he did do a good job on Betts I'll admit but as I said the 2nd half saw the same ol' errors as Carlton(hardly the leagues benchmark) came storming back. His kicking and decision making reverted to type.

If the Lions are going anywhere they would be looking to upgrade him IMO. Just as we did.
I expect he will be exposed over the coming weeks against quality sides and will be running around in the 2nds again soon enough.
We'll see I guess.

good post  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2010, 09:16:29 PM »
Peterson looked good
Raines is a spud

Raines a spud hey. ::)
He will play finals footy in 2010

Yep he's a spud. Can't hit a target reliably.
Pretty obvious in the 2nd half as he tired I thought.

Seeing as your bench mark is Tucky I am not surprised you rate Raines.
yep your right once again magic.
getting his hands on the ball was never a problem with raines. or even being accountable never a problem. but  making good decisions and useing the ball well was and after watching the brissie game on and of still is.

sheesh is just me or is there others out there who think brissie will struggle to make the 8. bloody hell they got smashed thru the midfield.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2010, 09:22:13 PM »
They still won

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2010, 10:41:39 PM »

sheesh is just me or is there others out there who think brissie will struggle to make the 8. bloody hell they got smashed thru the midfield.

I publicly said that last year Claw and they have a much stronger side (on paper) this year.  Would need to be a serious malfunction for them not to make it (IMH but not necessarily informed O ).

jackstar is back again

« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2010, 11:06:59 PM »
Brown will win 6 games off his boot.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2010, 11:40:07 PM »

Totally. Imagine if Judd had played.
Carlton are not going to make the 8 but there's not much between them and Brisbane IMO.
The Lions are touch and go to just play finals football and certainly topping up with the likes of Raines, Buchanan(already dropped), Staker etc. sees them treading the waters of mediocrity.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2010, 11:53:17 PM »

Carlton are not going to make the 8 but there's not much between them and Brisbane IMO.
The Lions are touch and go to just play finals football and certainly topping up with the likes of Raines, Buchanan(already dropped), Staker etc. sees them treading the waters of mediocrity.

Them treading waters of mediocrity.
What do you call RFC then ??? LOL

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
Them treading waters of mediocrity.
What do you call RFC then ??? LOL

Rebuilding from scratch.  :-\

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »
Buchanan broke his thumb early in the round 1 game.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

jackstar is back again

« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »

Yep. forget about Buchanan broken thumb did we ?? ::) ::) ::)

Ramps

« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2010, 09:28:13 AM »
Not convinced on Raines. Still a one trick pony to me the difference is he is in a much superior side than what he ever was at Richmond. I want to see how he goes when he's matched up on a Medhurst or a Bartel or on a Cyril Rioli resting in the forward line. No matter how much you get along with the coach out there on the field it can get lonely when you're getting flogged.

Personally good luck to the kid. Has done nothing to anybody. Won't lose any sleep if he makes it or not.

you find Raines on the bench when the likes of a 100% fit Medhurst this year is on him
Bartel would strip him lol
Rioli well Raines wont see him

yes he will

with binoculars  ;D

TigerTimeII

« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2010, 10:39:06 AM »
why is it when raines played for us he always kicked slow long rain makers

watching him run out of defence and kicking 40 mt passes lace out bullet like was amazing

just shows he had the ability just shows wallace and his clowns could not develop and coach

jackstar is back again

« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »
why is it when raines played for us he always kicked slow long rain makers

watching him run out of defence and kicking 40 mt passes lace out bullet like was amazing

just shows he had the ability just shows wallace and his clowns could not develop and coach

Most of you people should actually watch the games instead of posting crap.
On three seperate occasions on Thursday Night,he hit J.Brown "'lace up ""  ( resulted in goals)
Most people on here are terribly biased.
Someone picked out one poor kick and say he had terrible skills
problem RFC has we have kept wackos like McMahon and Edwards and let Raines go :banghead :banghead

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2010, 02:00:37 PM »
Raines was just about our only expendable player who had any value at the draft table.

McMahon & Edwards....you couldn't pay someone to take them.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »
"Most people on here are terribly biased"

That is the funniest thing I have heard

LMFAO

PS Raines is a spud