Author Topic: Harrison Lee - Tigers NSW scholarship player  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Harrison Lee - Tigers NSW scholarship player
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »
This is why we will always be behind the eight ball and why we need some sustained success on the field. We need to generate more cash to compete.

I hope you are right about the NSW list because if your not then it will just be another bonus for the bigger clubs and another way for them to stay on top.

We need to start thinking more laterally with our recruiting, coaching and fund raising. Surely there is some pocket of Africa or Asia we can exploit and target super players from!  :lol

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »
NSW/ACT qualified to play the big boys in the U18 champs so they must have some decent kids.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 02:58:33 PM »
i would rather the money be spent on another recruiting officer permanently in WA / SA, than spend money on raw and very undeveloped kids in NSW.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 11:38:19 AM »
i would rather the money be spent on another recruiting officer permanently in WA / SA, than spend money on raw and very undeveloped kids in NSW.

How about over investing money in all football states - Vic/Tas/Sa/Wa/NT.  Use that the get our top 40 drafting right.

Then look to non football states and countries.

Right now, our drafting of Top 20 players is not good enough our best players over the past 5 years are basically rookies. That ain't good enough.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
We only have one NSW kid because the AFL made it compulsory to offer a scholarship. It no longer is compulsory so one NSW kid it remains at. If it hadn't been compulsory in the first place pretty sure we wouldn't have even one NSW kid. The club wasn't that interested in it at the time for financial reasons. I've never heard about or seen Lee invited down to Melbourne for say a week to join in training.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 04:37:32 PM »
Not sure if he's still on Richmond's books as our NSW scholarship player but Harrison Lee won his club's (NSW/ES Bulldogs) most improved award in their Sydney FL premier division reserves team.

Here's his stats for 2008. 3 senior and 16 ressie games.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Harrison%20Lee&action=PSTATS&pID=187108948&client=1-1047-0-65035-3787057

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »
Not sure if he's still on Richmond's books as our NSW scholarship player but Harrison Lee won his club's (NSW/ES Bulldogs) most improved award in their Sydney FL premier division reserves team.

Here's his stats for 2008. 3 senior and 16 ressie games.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Harrison%20Lee&action=PSTATS&pID=187108948&client=1-1047-0-65035-3787057

geezuz that's a worry if he;s playing SFL ressies, I once played a season at that ordinary level and I was about as far from league standard as finding the next Cox Plate winner from the woolami Picnic meet.. :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 07:50:31 PM »
It's no surprise it's been a flop for us as the club was never interested in the first place (they didn't want to spend the money) and only offered one scholarship because at that time it was compulsory for every AFL club to be involved. The AFL has changed the rule to make it voluntary and leave it up to the clubs with money to invest/waste. Francis Jackson chose Lee only because he was a big kid (196cm) for a 16 year old and he came from a basketball as well as a rugby background. Unlike the Irish experience we never put the time, energy, interest and money into it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »
AFL pulls NSW funds
Mark Robinson
October 31, 2008

The AFL wrote to clubs last week informing them the $10,000 per club subsidy to help recruit 15 and 16-year-olds would no longer be available.

It says clubs should incorporate the cost into recruiting budgets.

Funding will continue for existing scholarship holders, but that will evaporate over the next two years.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24578520-11088,00.html