Author Topic: Coburg news  (Read 76733 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg looking to sign overlooked draftee Louis Egger (Alice Now)
« Reply #495 on: December 16, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »
Coburg Football Club general manager and former AFL Central Australia boss Jake  McCauley said Coburg are planning to sign the undrafted Louis Egger to join Turner at the Tigers for the 2012 VFL season.

He said: ``The club is pursuing Louis Egger and he was down at the club last week for a training session.

``We know he is moving to Melbourne for university and, after Gibson got drafted on Tuesday, we feel it would be a great fit.

``It will help both guys out knowing they will be playing together again in 2012.''

http://alicenow.com.au/sports/news-article/richmond-rapt

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VFL/Coburg Fixture 2012
« Reply #496 on: December 20, 2011, 12:19:40 PM »
VFL 2012 - Coburg Fixture

Coburg will take two of their home games to the country, playing Bendigo in Shepparton in round 11, and Geelong in Warrnambool in round 14.

The Tigers will play two matches at Highgate Recreation Reserve in Craigieburn, as well as five matches at Mantello Holden Oval in Coburg.

Round 1       Saturday 24th March   Coburg Tigers vs. Northern Blues           Mantello Holden Oval              2:00 PM
Round 2       Saturday 31st March   Coburg Tigers vs. Casey Scorpions           Mantello Holden Oval             2:00 PM
Round 3       Sunday 8th April      Sandringham Zebras vs. Coburg Tigers   Trevor Barker Beach Oval           2:00 PM
Round 4       BYE
Round 5       Sunday 22nd April      Frankston Dolphins vs. Coburg Tigers           Frankston Oval                    2:00 PM
Round 6       Saturday 28th April   Coburg Tigers vs. Box Hill Hawks           Highgate Recreation Reserve      2:00 PM
Round 7       Saturday 5th May      Coburg Tigers vs. Werribee Tigers           Mantello Holden Oval                 2:00 PM
Round 8       Saturday 12th May   North Ballarat vs. Coburg Tigers                   Eureka Stadium                  12:45 PM
Round 9       Sunday 20th May      Williamstown vs. Coburg Tigers                   Burbank Oval                          2:00 PM
Round 10     BYE
Round 11     Sunday 10th June      Coburg Tigers vs. Bendigo                         Deakin Reserve, Shepparton   1:00 PM
Round 12     Saturday 16th June   Port Melbourne vs. Coburg Tigers             North Port Oval                        2:00 PM
Round 13    Sunday 24th June      Coburg Tigers vs. Collingwood                   Mantello Holden Oval                2:00 PM
Round 14    Sunday 1st July       Coburg Tigers vs. Geelong Cats                   Reid Oval, Warrnambool          2:00 PM
Round 15     BYE
Round 16    Sunday 15th July       Werribee Tigers vs. Coburg Tigers              Avalon Airport Oval                 2:00 PM
Round 17     Saturday 21st July       Coburg Tigers vs. North Ballarat           Mantello Holden Oval                2:00 PM
Round 18    Sunday 29th July       Northern Blues vs. Coburg Tigers             Preston City Oval                      2:00 PM
Round 19     Saturday 4th August    Box Hill Hawks vs. Coburg Tigers               Box Hill City Oval                 2:00 PM
Round 20     Saturday 11th August    Coburg Tigers vs. Frankston Dolphins   Highgate Recreation Reserve    2:00 PM
Round 21     Saturday 18th August    Geelong Cats vs. Coburg Tigers               Simonds Stadium                  2:00 PM
Round 22    BYE

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-150677-0&sID=60264&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=17786803

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: VFL/Coburg Fixture 2012
« Reply #497 on: December 27, 2011, 03:24:04 AM »
Are the ABC doing VFL games next year as there's no mention of tv telecasts in the VFL draw release?

If they are and it's still a 1pm start then it doesn't look like any Coburg games will be on the tv in 2012  :scream
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg news, updates and reports
« Reply #498 on: December 27, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
Somehwere around the traps i have heard/read things that indicated to me the ABC was not likely to be showing any football next year.  :-\
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #499 on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:14 AM »
Last I heard the ABC were trying to get increased financial support of the AFL/govt.
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #500 on: December 27, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »
I know the SANFL are still in negotiations with the ABC and it's been going on for months.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au.nyud.net:8080/news/south-australia/abc-yet-to-commit-to-sanfl-telecasts/story-e6frea83-1226223415839

As you say '65 the ABC is trying to get a better financial "model" (code for more money) from the AFL. Presumably this applies to the VFL and all state leagues as well.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #501 on: December 27, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »
Somehwere around the traps i have heard/read things that indicated to me the ABC was not likely to be showing any football next year.  :-\

yep  read the same over here as well
 recall it actually being discussed on the ABC radio sports talkback one weekend
 radio calls to stay but looking doubtful for TV
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: December 27, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »
bit of a shame really. when i fist heard it mentioned it was just in relation to the SANFL. Beauty, i thought we will get the VFL instead, but then a short time later i read that it was a national issue  >:(
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #503 on: December 28, 2011, 01:08:49 AM »
WAFL Broadcast news:

Earlier bouncedown for WAFL in 2012

WAFL league matches will start earlier next season as the local league strives to secure the future of live Saturday afternoon broadcasts.

Clubs have agreed to bring forward bouncedown in the traditional timeslot by five minutes to 2.10pm to ensure clashes finish before 5pm.

ABC TV, which had strongly considered dropping its coverage of State league football earlier this year, was concerned at the amount of matches that run over time last year. The broadcaster was often forced to cut short its WAFL coverage to fit in regular programming.

The WAFL have revealed the 2012 draw, a process complicated in recent weeks by the objections of some clubs and lateness of the Foxtel Cup draw announcement.

Peel, in particular, were concerned by what they believed might have been a difficult fixture list. The Thunder have ended up playing 2011 premiers Claremont and runners-up Subiaco three times each.

As is the complicated nature of the WAFL fixtures - because of an uneven number of teams and projected planning for Foxtel Cup matches - the 2012 draw has also thrown up a strange quirk.

Peel play Claremont at Bendigo Bank Stadium in round nine then the teams meet again at Claremont Oval in round 11, although there is also a State fixture in between.

WA is scheduled to meet South Australia in Adelaide on May 26.

The 2012 WAFL season will start on March 17 with a stand-alone Saturday contest between Subiaco and West Perth at Medibank Stadium. Next year's grand final is set for Sunday September 23.

The WAFL will continue to experiment with a Good Friday match. East Perth will again take on hosting rights with a match against Perth starting at 4.15pm.

I hope that national coverage of the state leagues is maintained as it is vital for the health of these comps in attracting & maintaining young players that want a crack at AFL level as early 20's late developers cos as sure as hell the 'AFL Media' will not tip in.

Personally, I believe it to be obscene that 1 single AFL club has the salary cap of all 3 major state leagues combined.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #504 on: December 28, 2011, 09:34:54 AM »
I don't believe any TV deal has been finalised

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the VFL isn't on FTA TV in 2010. Only thing I can see remaining is the silly FOXTEL cup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #505 on: December 28, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
The Foxtel Cup is on pay TV and all games are starting early (10am-noon) given there's 3 AFL games on Saturdays from now on. So it still doesn't clash with the FTA ABC TV coverage. In fact the Foxtel Cup started because the ABC state league footy ratings were decent. It seems mostly the ABC wants more money from the AFL. Otherwise some moron at the Sydney-controlled ABC is making decisions for other states he doesn't have a clue about. The latter wouldn't be the first time that has happened mind you.

gerkin greg

« Reply #506 on: January 09, 2012, 12:22:13 PM »
Are there a bigger pack of whingers than Victorians? Little Britain :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #507 on: February 04, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »
Pics from Coburg's 2012 preseason camp in the Grampians/Halls Gap:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.289006971154501.68400.172400646148468&type=3

Wheeler is still there.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #508 on: February 04, 2012, 09:09:42 PM »
Thought I saw Contin too

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #509 on: February 16, 2012, 11:21:40 AM »
Nick Carnell will be Coburg captain for 2012 with delisted Tiger Pat Contin in the club's leadership group.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/129041/default.aspx