Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 461106 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2007, 11:05:23 PM »
Jack didn't get much of it tonight but loved the 65-70m bomb for a goal :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2007, 11:18:46 PM »
Yeh Jack will be a great player for us.

i get the feeling he will be the one to replace richo.

similar styles of play at the same age so it shouldn't be too long before he really makes a name for himself.
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2007, 11:20:57 PM »
Jack didn't get much of it tonight but loved the 65-70m bomb for a goal :clapping.

that was the one that bevan let through wasn't it lol  :lol

Ramps

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2007, 04:42:20 PM »
Found this thread so i can just give this opinion. IMHO Jack Riewoldt was/is a 25 to 30 draft pick. Hes a third tall. Has shown bits and pieces but he isnt the player that I was hoping we'd see him to be,seems abit slow still. Lets just say I have concerns that whilst he will be ok down the track he may not turn out the way the Richmond supporters hope. At this stage Im no where near convinced.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2007, 04:44:07 PM »
fair enough, but I for one have plenty of faith in this kid.

Will be a very good player for us  :thumbsup

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2007, 04:52:14 PM »
fair enough, but I for one have plenty of faith in this kid.

Will be a very good player for us  :thumbsup

I'll think he'll be ok  :thumbsup
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »
Found this thread so i can just give this opinion. IMHO Jack Riewoldt was/is a 25 to 30 draft pick. Hes a third tall. Has shown bits and pieces but he isnt the player that I was hoping we'd see him to be,seems abit slow still. Lets just say I have concerns that whilst he will be ok down the track he may not turn out the way the Richmond supporters hope. At this stage Im no where near convinced.

While I agree he's a third tall, possibly a FF at best as far as holding down a KPP spot, it's still only Jack's first year and he has footy smarts, skills and an extrovert attitude which is badly needed at Punt Rd. He could become a very damaging player if we can build up more along our spine.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »

While I agree he's a third tall, possibly a FF at best as far as holding down a KPP spot, it's still only Jack's first year and he has footy smarts, skills and an extrovert attitude which is badly needed at Punt Rd. He could become a very damaging player if we can build up more along our spine.

why I believe he will be a very good player for us, keep the faith ramps  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2007, 03:18:58 AM »
Herald-Sun says Jack flies like Richo! 

Teenage forward Jack Riewoldt has brought the crowds alive in the finals with his Matthew Richardson-style high flying across the top of packs.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22462992%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »
Teenage forward Jack Riewoldt has brought the crowds alive in the finals with his Matthew Richardson-style high flying across the top of packs.
A bit of a stretch with the Richo comparison but Jack is quality. A natural footballer. 

Ramps

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2007, 04:05:25 PM »
sadly hes been very average today

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2007, 04:14:50 PM »
average and almost not intrested. is shulz and riewodlt trying to win mark of the year instead of a grand final.

Ramps

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »
Riewoldt is a slow 3rd tall who seems to wanna play from behind. He better change his tune if he wants a longer AFL career, you cant play from behind when you lack pace.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2007, 12:34:22 AM »
Riewoldt is a slow 3rd tall who seems to wanna play from behind. He better change his tune if he wants a longer AFL career, you cant play from behind when you lack pace.

Agree entirely.

He may have all the charisma and personality in the universe but i am only interested in if he can play and currently he has flaws in his game as mentioned above.

Still it's only year one, the kid's got a heap of time yet but the hype he recieved early hasn't proven justified so far.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2007, 06:54:37 AM »
jack was a bit stiff yesterday, played mopst of teh 1st half infront and teh ball kept going over his head after he made gr8 position. then he decided to play from behind cos thats where all teh kicks were going and then they kept kicking the ball short and he just looked exactly like richo when richo was/is fed bs delivery . jack was a victim of poor delivery from poor ball carriers.

geelong was just far too big and experienced and were always going to win
dropping cleve buggered up the burgers structur