Author Topic: NRL thread  (Read 56327 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: NRL - Melbourne Storm
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
I watched the last 20 minutes on the tv and still don't know how the Storm won it. They were down to 12 men for half of that time. They just found some extra energy out of nowhere in the last 2 minutes to force the Broncos to knock-on in the tackle and then throw it out wide of the tired Broncos to score the winning try  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »
It seems the NRL are doing their hardest to stop the Storm winning by suspending Craig Smith for 2 games  :whistle.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2008, 11:04:43 AM »
It seems the NRL are doing their hardest to stop the Storm winning by suspending Craig Smith for 2 games  :whistle.

It aint workin - 1 more to go boys, to make it one of the sweeetest GF victories EVER

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »
The NRL have fined the Storm $50K because of comments coach Craig Bellamy made, which were fairly harmless really.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2008, 10:21:44 PM »
That spray at the NRL was worth every penny of that $50k. Brilliant stuff  ;D. A bit like '74 Richmond with Tommy's "us against the world" mentality.

It aint workin - 1 more to go boys, to make it one of the sweeetest GF victories EVER
You had to laugh at the Sydney-biased commentators. Storm win 28-0 without 2-3 of their best players and they say Manly will be confident after seeing Melbourne play last night  :wallywink.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2008, 04:23:17 AM »
It'll be a replay of last year's NRL Grand Final - Storm vs Manly.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2008, 10:52:55 PM »
THE NRL judiciary panel is taking legal action against Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy and the club's chief executive Brian Waldron.

DISGRUNTLED NRL judiciary panellist Darrell Williams (former Manly player) has no regrets over the decision to proceed with a defamation case against Melbourne three days out from the grand final.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24436689-23209,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »
The NRL should have 'tiffs' like this all the time. They couldn't buy all this publicity in Melbourne if they tried.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »
Go Storm. Stick it up 'em up there  ;D

Moi

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2008, 05:41:15 PM »
Go Storm. Stick it up 'em up there  ;D
Can't believe I've been looking forward to this game
Been sending a friend in Sydney very unsportsmanlike :D text messages for the last half hour lol
Go Storm  :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2008, 06:55:51 PM »
Duds lol

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2008, 07:51:35 PM »
Collingwood Storm.........LOL  :wallywink

Would have been on the bandwagon if they had won!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »
The Storm looked tired and played without intensity. Like Geelong they were very predictable too without their captain. Only Falou looked like dangerous. One of those GFs where everything including mistakes and loose throws turned to gold for the winner.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »
I just found it laughable that those humble and magnanamous Sydneysiders had to scrape the bottom of the NRL barrel and support Manly the NRL equivalent to Collingwood to get what they wanted at the weekend at our expense. Its like Sydney or Brisbane playing Collingwood in the AFL decider and the whole of Melbourne giving their unequivocal support to the Skunks. Wait a minute its happened twice in the last 6 years and by memory we weren't that desperate to see Sydney or Brisbane fail. In fact I was happy for them to win. See we are more classy and refined in Melbourne.

What I found interesting was that in the AFL the powers that be have moved heaven to ensure Sydney and Brisbane succeed on the Grandest stage ie non AFL states yet the NRL virtually have had no understanding or compassion to the Storm's plight during the latter stages of the season in a non NRL state.

I guess there has been enough exposure with reference to the Cam Smith affair over the last 3 weeks.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »
Not just cause I am a Melbourne boy, but this is my take after being around a fair bit.

South Australians hate us NSWelshmen hate us and Qld hate us and West Ozzies also.

The rivalrys between the states go like this, NSW v QLD and Everyone v VIC

NT doesn't really count in all of this, runaways from all over OZ, more than likely aligning themeselves with WA, too much sun and beer to really care up there  :thumbsup

Of course there is allways going to be interstate rivalry and I like beating any of them just as much as the rest of us, but the feeling I have got from my years on this earth and travel is they take it to the nth when it comes to us Vics, whereas we seem to take it as we see it.

As HT says, I wasn't barracking for the Skunks when they were playing Brissy in the Grand finals ..... No freakin way

For those Sydney pricks to go for Manly says a lot, 'a real lot'. In the end and I mean this without any bias, I just think they are all seriously Jealous and just cant accept that Vic is the best state in Australia and deep down inside they know it and it hurts !   :shh