Author Topic: Nathan Brown set to miss Opener - confirmed  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: Nathan Brown set to miss Opener - confirmed
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 09:04:49 AM »
Are we ever gonna get a break from these injuries?  :-\
It's just one after another  :banghead
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Jackstar

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 09:31:03 AM »
Good to see the OER is first with all the goss.
Herald Sun take till friday to print it. Come on Mike Sheenan , lift your game ;)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 09:34:52 AM »
Well its time to hit all my dream teams as brownie is in each one. For all my fellow dream teamers, I will probably replace him with Fiora.  :rollin :rollin :lol :whistle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 05:45:33 PM »
Wouldn't it have been smarter to say Browny would miss then surprise everyone on gameday if the event the scan came back with good news. Why do we always pretend a player is fine when "sauces"  :clapping know otherwise! 

Well its time to hit all my dream teams as brownie is in each one. For all my fellow dream teamers, I will probably replace him with Fiora.  :rollin :rollin :lol :whistle

Yep same here tiga  :-\. As you say we'll have to replace him with some cheap dud  ;D

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Nathan Brown set to miss Opener
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »
Ouch! That hurts. Missing our two best players, hard to see us winning without Brown.

Decision will be made on Sunday morning ;)

'return to sender' on that mail Jacko.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Jackstar

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »
Can tell you they were going to leave it to the last minute but the media got wind of it and thats why they had to tell the TRUTH earlier than they wanted

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »
Can tell you they were going to leave it to the last minute but the media got wind of it and thats why they had to tell the TRUTH earlier than they wanted

Yep Mike Sheahan got wind of it.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »

Yeah well like you Jacko I'm getting a little tired of this misinformation campaign by the rfc this year. First Simmonds, who isn't actually available til at least rnd 4, and now Brown who is rnd 3. I mean poo does this really impact on memberships? Would people seriously not buy one because Brown is injured? How vain of people if that's true!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Bulluss

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 08:08:50 PM »
BUMP

:whistle :whistle :whistle :shh

Shame Wallace Shame

Stop feeding us crap, i am getting sick of it.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 08:28:40 PM »
Doesn't really say much for the fitness guys.  Do they ever consider alternative treatments?  What about a hypobaric chamber? 

Jackstar

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 08:30:03 PM »
The only thing they use is the solarium ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Is it karma, asks injured Brown (AAP)
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 11:03:03 PM »
Is it karma, asks injured Brown
 AAP
March 30, 2007

RICHMOND forward Nathan Brown admits two years of injury setbacks have him worried and questioning his karma.

Brown will miss the start of the AFL season because of inflammation in the right leg he broke horrifically almost two years ago.

That broken leg also delayed his start to the 2006 season and then ended it prematurely because of prolonged soreness.

Although confident he can return to his besr, Brown, 29, said his ongoing battle with injury made him wonder if the footy gods were against him.

"It's more anger now because I've missed so much footy," he said.

"It gets to the point where you start to believe in karma, all the bad things you've done in your life start to outweigh all the bad things that have come back and happened to you.

"I reckon I'm ahead on that ledger at the moment and hopefully a bit of luck is coming my way.

"There's a little bit of doom and gloom with a few of the Richmond supporters who are ringing me and asking me what's wrong, but I'm confident in saying I can get back to where I was two years ago.

"I'm confident in saying I can get back and be better than that because I was very happy with my performance over the pre-season and this has just come at a disastrous time."

Brown felt soreness in his right leg last week but was still confident he could play Carlton at the MCG on Sunday.

However the soreness persisted until Wednesday and scans showed there was some inflammation about two centimetres below the fracture he suffered halfway through the 2005 season.

He now faces an uncertain stint on the sidelines, probably of at least the first three games.

Brown said the inflammation could have developed into a stress fracture had he and the Tigers not decided on a rest.

Tigers coach Terry Wallace said the hardest part of managing Brown's complete return from the broken leg was being unable to compare the injury to others because it was unique in its severity.

Richmond has named Chris Hyde in the forward flank to replace Brown in the side to play the Blues.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=40298

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 11:29:07 PM »
There's a little bit of doom and gloom with a few of the Richmond supporters who are ringing me and asking me what's wrong....

Understatement of the year there Browny.

Btw stop ringing Browny up Jack  :rollin.

Doesn't really say much for the fitness guys.  Do they ever consider alternative treatments?  What about a hypobaric chamber? 

We are miles behind in that regard when you see the Swans use a scientific approach which has paid off big time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brown views injury as bad karma (The Age)
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 04:07:11 AM »
Brown views injury as bad karma
Michael Gleeson | March 31, 2007
The Age

NATHAN Brown had not missed a training session or a practice match. He recorded his fastest sprint over 20 metres. He had played a game against Collingwood in Mildura that rivalled his best form of two years ago. Then his leg started hurting again.

After nearly 18 months of gradual recovery and painstaking steps towards returning to his best form, Brown must now wait another two to three weeks before he can start his season.

The dynamic Richmond forward has swelling in his leg just centimetres below where he snapped his shin bones and is likely to miss at least two matches and possibly as many as four games.

"The doctors tell me it is nothing to do with the fracture, they say that has healed completely. I went and got X-rays and everything is normal there and I don't know if it is bad luck, but they are telling me it is nothing to do with that," Brown said.

"You have got to admit it is worrying when it is only a couple of centimetres off where you broke your leg, but doctors are telling me and the scans show that my leg is a hundred per cent solid."

Brown felt that after his injury, he was due a change of fortune. Now he feels he is owed that change. "It gets to the point where you start to believe in karma," he said. "I reckon I'm a little bit ahead on that ledger at the moment and hopefully a little bit of luck's coming my way.

"I'm confident in saying that I can get back to where I was two years ago and I'm confident in saying that I can get back and be better than that because I was very happy with my performance and my training over the pre-season and this has just come at a disastrous time.

"It is normally a two-, three-, four-week injury depending on how bad it is and most blokes start training basically after two weeks.

"During the pre-season, I didn't feel my leg once," Brown said. "It felt fantastic, I had all my range back, all my sideways movement, I got the best 20-metre sprint time I had had since I started football, so I guess if it is related to it, it is just bad luck."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/brown-views-injury-as-bad-karma/2007/03/30/1174761758576.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brown stays upbeat (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2007, 04:10:09 AM »
Brown stays upbeat
31 March 2007   Herald-Sun
Daryl Timms

RICHMOND star Nathan Brown hopes to be available for next week's game against Sydney, but his "hot spot" leg injury could cost him the first four rounds.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21477595%255E20322,00.html

Jack on the money again  :yep