Author Topic: Richo 10 away from 700 career goals  (Read 4189 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richo 5 away from 700 career goals
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 08:49:03 AM »
bloody oath he will and im when he does im flying str8 up to qld to celebrate with julz!

You'll miss Julz if you do that because she'll be flying down to jump the fence and run ont the ground lol.
LOL

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richo 10 away from 700 career goals
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 03:48:27 AM »
Only 2 to go. Let's hope he sticks it up his critics tomorrow night  :thumbsup.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 07:41:41 AM »
You know, I reckon too much was made of Richo heading towards his 700th goal and really played on the big fellas mind.  The club should make all noise after he does it.  Less pressure on the player then.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 08:45:52 AM »
You know, I reckon too much was made of Richo heading towards his 700th goal and really played on the big fellas mind.  The club should make all noise after he does it.  Less pressure on the player then.

that may be a point but in my opinion if that is the case it just shows that richo is mentally weak and cannot focus on what he has to do.  these things never got in the way of ablett, plugger , dunstall etc, just goes to show richo is not the elite player some ppl think he is.

wasted talent is the biggest sin, and richo could have been anything if it wasnt for his weak mind and self absorbed ways,

everytime he stops to look at the big scren or sook to the umpire the football has rebounded out of our attack because richo has not manned up or filled the zone cos he is a/sooking to the umpire. b/ sooking to his team mates , c/sulking about himself or d/ looking at the replay on the big screen

when he gets 700 well done, but we should have been celebrating this 2 or 3 seasons ago if he was a true champion who can kick

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 10:49:33 AM »
And how many seasons did he have off with injuries?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 10:52:58 AM »
2 or 3.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

letsgetiton!

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 11:27:32 AM »
And how many seasons did he have off with injuries?

how many very easy goals has he missed or kicked out on the full????

we all know u love richo julz, but you cant cloud your judgement becaus eyou love him. he had his chance to become a superstar and dominate the game but has yet to fullfill that and he woont, its time for richo to take a back seat and give jay the dominant fwd position. hay is much younger than richo but marks jast as good if not better, kicks a 100% better and leads to the right spots 99% of the time.

reality is jay is more imp to richmond than richo

fantasy is richo is the best ever

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »
Well if Jay is so important it is about time he showed how important he is.  He needs to start dominating by himself, not waiting for Richo to get out of the way.  There's only been one game when he has dominated and that was against Brisbane in 2004 and Richo was out injured.   Injuries aren't helping Schultz either.  And how many goals did Fev and Gehrig miss last year.  The way you go you make it sound like Richo is the leader in behinds - which he isn't.  Other teams and supporters can't believe the way some of our supporters carry on about Richo.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »
 :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2007, 02:46:58 AM »
Congrats to the big fella on reaching 701 goals :clapping.

A bit of a mixed bag again in front of goal with 3.2 and one OOF but you can't question his workrate and you've got to feel for him having to put up with the rubbish delivery and no free kicks for blantant interference by opponents  :scream. That run late in the game from the wing after he passed it off to inside the 50 to receive from his own kick is a lesson to all his teammates on the workrate required  :bow
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Heroic Richardson much loved despite his flaws (The Age)
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 04:17:59 AM »
Heroic Richardson much loved despite his flaws
Martin Blake | April 21, 2007
The Age

AT 6.30 last night, more than an hour before they bounced the ball in the Richmond-Western Bulldogs game and even before the official warm-up, Matthew Richardson was out on the ground having potshots at goal with just a bunch of kids for company.

A week earlier, the beloved Richo's slipshod performance in front of goal had cost Richmond dearly against Collingwood. Here was a chance to get some first-hand practice, and with no pesky opponent to remind him of his frailties in the vicinity of the big sticks.

Richo is the Tigers' favourite son (most of the time, anyway), and the most potent symbol of the club. But Richmond is in an era when even its best player is a flawed jewel, and is yet to find a path out of it.

In an outstanding career, he has kicked 700 goals, one of only 19 men in league history to do so. But unless he can become part of a great Tiger resurgence in the next couple of years, he will pass from the game without a flag. Sadly, there was no evidence last night that the Richmond premiership drought, stretched now beyond a quarter of a century, is any closer to breaking.

Richardson had Brian Harris to mind him last night. But in the opening minutes, he was starved of opportunity. When the ball did come inside Richmond's 50-metre zone, the Bulldogs had plenty of brave souls willing to fill the space in front of him and provide Harris with some support.

Twenty-one minutes into the first quarter came a classic piece of Richo. Marking on the lead at just beyond 50 metres, he proceeded to run too close to the man on the mark and missed to the left. Richo has been running too close to the man on the mark for his whole career. Not even a host of coaching and mentoring and cajoling and criticism in this professional era has changed it.

A few minutes later, he was given a gift when Harris was penalised for a block, and at 23 minutes, his contested mark, tumbling forward in front of Harris to collect a centre break brought him his 700th goal. Only Matthew Lloyd of current players is ahead of him.

The record speaks for itself. Whatever his faults, Richardson has been an outstanding if not great player. The flaws only make him more loveable, although they test the patience of the Tiger hordes.

In any event, the statistics say he is only fractionally more inaccurate than most key forwards, hitting the target at 60 per cent. Lloyd's conversion of about 70 per cent is almost unprecedented, so it is plain that Richo's inaccuracy has been overstated because his misses can be so bad.

Last night, he kicked 3.2 and hoofed one out on the full from long range. Harris handled him well, although the Tiger veteran's work-rate was sensational as ever. The game was won and lost elsewhere.

Richmond was only rarely in the game, failing to apply sufficient defensive pressure against a hard-running team such as the Bulldogs. There were exceptions — notably Joel Bowden, who took on the tough task against Brad Johnson and performed heroically — but overall, the Tigers' intensity was not what it has been.

They played like a team that has forgotten how to win. At 0-4, the season is close to a write-off, and they have West Coast next weekend. Now there's another reality check.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/heroic-richardson-much-loved-despite-his-flaws/2007/04/20/1176697097698.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 08:27:47 AM »
Congrats to the big fella on reaching 701 goals :clapping.
That run late in the game from the wing after he passed it off to inside the 50 to receive from his own kick is a lesson to all his teammates on the workrate required  :bow
Exactly.

In an outstanding career, he has kicked 700 goals, one of only 19 men in league history to do so.
Not bad for a dud. ::)

Whatever his faults, Richardson has been an outstanding if not great player.
Something everyone else sees except some Richmond supporters. ::)

In any event, the statistics say he is only fractionally more inaccurate than most key forwards, hitting the target at 60 per cent. Lloyd's conversion of about 70 per cent is almost unprecedented, so it is plain that Richo's inaccuracy has been overstated because his misses can be so bad.
But do you hear the Bummers supporters calling for Lloydy to be dropped?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 10:23:04 AM by julzqld »

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 09:37:51 AM »
FOR A DUD?????  YOU STUPID effING idiot!

Duds dont kick 700 goals.

GO wash your mouth out.  Makes me sick people dismiss a modern day champion like this.

Imagine what he wouldve kicked playing a with a decent side.

EDIT: Didnt read the thread fully and commented on a sarcastic post that really peeed me off.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 10:56:17 AM by tigersalive »
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 10:05:11 AM »
FOR A DUD?????  YOU STUPID effING idiot!

Duds dont kick 700 goals.

GO wash your mouth out.  Makes me sick people dismiss a modern day champion like this.

Imagine what he wouldve kicked playing a with a decent side.
Please don't swear at me.  You've taken it completely the wrong way.  I was being sarcastic.  I'm the last person to think Richo is a dud.  It was exactly my point - duds don't kick 700 goals

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 10:54:40 AM »
My bad Julz.

I went straight to the bottom of the page and instead of looking up to see what else was said I was so peeed  off at seeing that I didnt bother and it seems you're on my side.

Sorry Chief.
EAT EM ALIVE!