Author Topic: David Rodan  (Read 13206 times)

Life goes on

Re: David Rodan
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
Jackstar - I'm so sick of your continual bitterness, and your continual bias against Wallace. It permeates every single post you write.You have lost all objectivity and now whine on and on and on and on......................very tiresome.
For goodness sake, give it a rest.

Hate to tell you this , Williams is a premiership coach, let me know when and if ever Wallace coaches a premiership. ?
Two seasons as coach and he now introduces a youth policy, give me a break!
If you think Wallace is doinga good job, good luck to you all, as i dont.
Go and ask any  opposition supporter what they think of Terry Wallace.
Unfortunately the ""Richmond faithfull"" have been swept away once again with all the promises and good fortune ahead, thats right 2011 :lol

Judge the coach on his success, not on his promises!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 02:46:04 PM by Jackstar »

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2007, 02:38:30 PM »
Pardon me for interrupting.  Obviously I’ve come in part way through something I didn't know about, and don’t need to know about.

Anyhow, whether Jack’s got a bias or not, he has a point.  Now in TW’s third year as coach, it’s enough time to assess the progress made.  Enough time has also elapsed to say that TW’s coaching style is far from infallible, which was evident from the outset of his tenure, and hasn’t really changed any since.

If clubs were strong at the top level, and were switched on to the 21st century, they would be clued in to the level of support the coaching staff would need, from the time they appointed a coach.  If not then they’re not doing their job properly.  I don’t see that RFC did its job properly here.

Rather than allowing things to just meander to an all to familiar conclusion, I’d prefer to see RFC be proactive for a change and provide some proper support and direction where it’s need the most.  Maybe something positive is already happening.  We can only hope.

Even though TW has his faults, like the rest of us, all coaches should not be expected to be all things to their clubs, because they have differing levels of experience, strengths and weaknesses, and it’s high time some clubs stopped putting all their faith and all the responsibility on the coach’s shoulders.  This type of mentality is just a cop out and says that those clubs have no idea.

Some clubs are clearly run on a whim and a prayer, because it’s practically laughable when you see coaches out there who are barely able to get themselves out of the doldrums, yet are expected to develop a group of players to a very high standard.  If nothing else, when things go awry, where’s the support around some of these coaches when that happens?  Do they need to do it all on their own?  Is it all up to them?  And why is it seemingly all their fault when things don't work out?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 07:05:17 PM »
Jackstar - I'm so sick of your continual bitterness, and your continual bias against Wallace. It permeates every single post you write.You have lost all objectivity and now whine on and on and on and on......................very tiresome.
For goodness sake, give it a rest.
Getting to be a bit of a yawn ain't it lol  :sleep

The truth hurts unfortunately.There is a lot more going on than what we are allowed to see through then media.

Moi

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 07:07:45 PM »
Then come out and tell everone what it is, dear!

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 07:17:04 PM »
Then come out and tell everone what it is, dear!
Dont patronise me thanks.

Moi

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 07:18:50 PM »
Well credibility is on the line, sweet.
You make the gradiose statements, cough up!

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 07:44:25 PM »
Well credibility is on the line, sweet.
You make the gradiose statements, cough up!
Please go back and re-read my post.
Where is the so called grandiose statement?Saying the bleeding obvious is far from grandiose! Examine the Gaspar retirement situation very closely.It reveals a lot about what im talking about.

If you show me respect as the other people here who have contacted me then you would understand i have no issue regarding credibility either.

Moi

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »
There is a lot more going on than what we are allowed to see through then media.
This is the statement.  You made it, not me.
If there is something happening at the club don't you think supporters should know about it?
Or do we have to put up with you and Jack and your little winks and statements like this which really don't serve the club well.
If you're a supporter, you don't create instability, especially after nights like tonight, when basically everyone will believe what you say is correct.  Which probably isn't anything more than we're a young side, with no leaders and a long way to go before we're a power again.
I've got no doubt the team isn't happy about Gas, but that was his decision to quit.  Wallace will have to wear his decisions, but harbouring players at the club who are going to undermine the club as Jack has been doing, we really don't need them.
That's why I ask you to say if there is something wrong, to come out with it.
Or we just leave it as little credibility and absolutely no substance.
If that's correct, people please don't listen to their garbage!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 08:01:04 PM »
There is a lot more going on than what we are allowed to see through then media.
If there is something happening at the club don't you think supporters should know about it?
Or do we have to put up with you and Jack and your little winks and statements like this which really don't serve the club well.
If you're a supporter, you don't create instability, especially after nights like tonight, when basically everyone will believe what you say is correct.  Which probably isn't anything more than we're a young side, with no leaders and a long way to go before we're a power again.
I've got no doubt the team isn't happy about Gas, but that was his decision to quit.  Wallace will have to wear his decisions, but harbouring players at the club who are going to undermine the club as Jack has been doing, we really don't need them.

:clapping  :clapping  :clapping Well said Moi.

We have to face facts that we have mountain to climb before we become a force in the AFL again. We can only do this by showing solidarity and not by taking cheap shots when the club is down. This is just going to cause more unrest and anxiety. "United we stand, divided we fall" may be cliche but it nevertheless holds a lot of truth for our current situation.

Life goes on

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 08:08:25 PM »

Undermine the club, who me ?
Dont need to.
Run by a bunch of clowns as you all witnessed tonite.
Trust me, BIG CHANGES to come!

Moi

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »
Trust me, BIG CHANGES to come!
I ask you same question, cough up!

Life goes on

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2007, 08:14:30 PM »
Why should I ?
You, Gordon Bennett and others bag the crap out of me when I tell you the truth,
The Gaspar thing was a disgrace.
If you want to find out whats going on, call the club, they will give you a good ""feel good"" story. :thatsgold

Moi

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2007, 08:16:52 PM »
Why should I ?
You, Gordon Bennett and others bag the crap out of me when I tell you the truth,
The Gaspar thing was a disgrace.
If you want to find out whats going on, call the club, they will give you a good ""feel good"" story. :thatsgold
Okay I'll call the club.  Do you want me to quote you?

Life goes on

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 08:22:24 PM »
Do what you want, i couldnt care less.
Have told you all along they are a rabble, maybe I know what happens behind the scenes. ;)

Moi

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
Do what you want, i couldnt care less.
Have told you all along they are a rabble, maybe I know what happens behind the scenes. ;)
Yes, you belong to a great big traitorous network.  I would like to know who tells you this stuff now that you've left the club.
It was bad enough when you were there.  You'd come straight from a team meeting and straight to your mobile phone.
Pathetic!