Author Topic: Luke McGuane [merged]  (Read 44230 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Lukey McGuane
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »
My question is this - Is there room for: Thursfield, McGuane, Moore & Rance in the same back 6?

Good problem to have. They could all fit, it's not like they're all lumbering types of players.

I am a big fan of Luke, he has great aggression and tries his guts out all the time. His kicking is sound, but sometimes comes unstuck under pressure. With experience he'll take the right option more often than not.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »
My question is this - Is there room for: Thursfield, McGuane, Moore & Rance in the same back 6?

Good problem to have. They could all fit, it's not like they're all lumbering types of players.

I am a big fan of Luke, he has great aggression and tries his guts out all the time. His kicking is sound, but sometimes comes unstuck under pressure. With experience he'll take the right option more often than not.

They are all Wallace type defenders that he has been building. Tall (190cm+), athletic, quick, skillfull types. With those 4 big blokes we should be able to match up pretty well on sides. King as the nutter back pocket and hopfully a Newman / Connors the mid size general.

I see McGaune as a Egan / Morris tye. He has a good heart and I like his kicking action.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 03:22:04 PM »
Improvement graph has been heading in the right direction since he debuted.

Hits packs with everything he's got and whilst he's prone to making the odd mistake he keeps his forward very honest and is tough to beat.
He is a genuine defender and has excellent endurance.

I like the way the kid plays and don't see him being dropped any time soon.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »
He stitched up Riewoldt as well. Is he Richmond's answer to Aaron Hammill?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »
gee he is improving isn't he..
im really liking the progress of moore and Luke. Its a pleasure to see our defence finally take on opponents and win the ball.

Their field kicking lets them down a few times but they have many friends at punt Road.

Maybe our skills coach needs to be shown the door

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2008, 08:53:02 PM »
Its suprising how many positive opinions come out when you actually watch someone play rather than go by previous misconceptions :thumbsup Perhaps some OER-ites should start going down to the Burger games and watch guys like JON, Casserly and Graham, and from last year Moore, rather than regurgitate the same old crap :sleep

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »
Luke's improved out of sight from where he was 12-18 months ago. As wayne  and others mentioned his kicking can be occasionally iffy under pressure but it's hard to fault him at the moment. Also the team's form has improved since he came back into the side for the Freo game (missed the first 3 games). Luke has justified the decision to play him ahead of Gas since round 5 last year.

Quote from: smokey_58au

Quote from: Bentleigh-esque

My question is this - Is there room for: Thursfeild, McGaune, Moore & Rance in the same back 6?
Maybe not but chances are you are going to have one out with an injury for any given period and as we are all becoming aware over last year and this - it's all about depth.
Spot on smokey. Also having players competing for spots will only make them better in the long run. A good problem to have.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 12:20:55 AM »
Been great, I love how he is hard at it, he made a couple of mistakes on Saturday but they were related to him getting in front of his opponent and attacking the ball so you can't complain about that.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 10:23:27 PM »
Been great, I love how he is hard at it, he made a couple of mistakes on Saturday but they were related to him getting in front of his opponent and attacking the ball so you can't complain about that.

I like the fact he has some sh%t in him. When he tackled the Tomahawk and was given holding the ball - he gave it to him. Great stuff.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2008, 01:26:26 AM »
The Age says 3-4 weeks for Lukey's hammy  :(.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2008, 01:48:34 AM »
Bad news for Luke and bad news for the club. Like the kid and the way he plays and comes at a time when he has played games in a row in terms of his development so its a bad dose of rotten luck for the kid.
With Thursty possibly touch and go for next week and now Lukey definentely out we may be a few tall defenders short next week when trying to combat the likes of Fisher Waite Fevola and co. Perhaps Rance should debut next week.

Tigermonk

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2008, 09:40:06 AM »
Bad news for Luke and bad news for the club. Like the kid and the way he plays and comes at a time when he has played games in a row in terms of his development so its a bad dose of rotten luck for the kid.
With Thursty possibly touch and go for next week and now Lukey definentely out we may be a few tall defenders short next week when trying to combat the likes of Fisher Waite Fevola and co. Perhaps Rance should debut next week.

Yep l agree we are a developing club at present & need to bring Rance in for his debut against Carlton
the lad has played senior football in WAFL & VFL so its time for the big stage & the centenery is a good place to start  :thumbsup but lets see how he goes today

Bad luck for Luke, dont we all just hate it when things are looking good that our key defenders are breaking down

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2008, 11:38:48 AM »
I hate to say this, but we need as many senior players against Carlton as we can that will allow us to run out the full game. Too many kids and we'll run out of legs.
I'm not advocating that we bring back guys like Tivendale, but if we debut anyone then it will risk us running out of legs as we already have a lot of kids.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2008, 09:09:04 PM »
Please no more Tivs infamy lol.

Lukey must have done his hammy properly if they're saying he'll possibly miss 4 weeks instead of the usual 2-3 weeks.

I heard last week Thursty will be okay for next week so fingers crossed. Otherwise Sarge may have to come in and play in defence  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 04:06:04 AM »
Luke McGuane (Richmond) hamstring
If scans confirm tear will miss 2-3 weeks.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/the-injury-report/2008/06/22/1214073056158.html