Author Topic: Luke McGuane [merged]  (Read 44169 times)

the claw

Re: Luke McGuane [merged]
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2011, 08:09:07 PM »
GWS would take him.
we can only hope.

just a hunch but i reckon lake walker scully and fevola are heading to gws and i know sheeds loves big hard at it mids  tucky could find his way there. based purely on strengths and weaknesses let alone performance i cant see a blind man taking a punt on mcguane.

for me a real test of hardwick will be his willingness to get rid of out of contract long term underperforming hacks. will he do a frawley wallace or will he have the guts and be prepared to put his job in the short term on the line.

tony_montana

« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2011, 08:13:53 PM »
GWS would take him.

doubt it, most 18y/o key defenders coming out of TAC cup are already as big as McGuane  :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
true, but whatever they gave for him, they'd have lots more left still.

I can see tuck going to GWS.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »
just something a little off the subject.

wce will play a kid called lycett this weekend. i wanted the club to activate its tambling pick because there was always going to be a lot of good picks around 27 which would have given us this bloke.
need a ruckman well hes probably not ready for the ruck or even afl for that matter but i suggest people have a close look at this kid imo he will be everything we want in a ruckman and we forewent the opportunity of grabbing him.

oh and mcguane sheesh undersized dumb as they come and poorly skilled cmon al if you were a recruiter you would not even look at him i know i wouldnt.
it was obvious 4 seasons ago this bloke was ordinary yet he survives really does sum our club up.

gerkin greg

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2011, 09:35:29 PM »
we were going to take lycett with the very next pick
which is why we took batch a round earlier than expected
i think it was a smart move to bank that compo pick but can't really judge either way until we actually use it and see the outcome

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
GWS wont have to pay much for mcguane. they will have picks to throw around galore. It's not as desirable a prospect as Gold coast and sheedy will be looking for experienced mature bodies and possibly struggling to find them without really paying way overs.

I'm more concerned that the club may actually want to keep him.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »
we were going to take lycett with the very next pick
which is why we took batch a round earlier than expected
i think it was a smart move to bank that compo pick but can't really judge either way until we actually use it and see the outcome
i reckon there was at least 10 players taken not to long after batchelor that says we should have used pick 27. i dont care what anyone says 2010 was a strong draft and would have been a super draft if not for gc.
so we wait until 2012 before we even use the tambling pick and in the mean time a player like lycett is in our system for 3 yrs.or in this case wce. but thats right we dont need to find a ruckman or decent players for that matter.we have all the time in the world.

i will say this and i digress a little but the club does need to target some senior players next yr either cheap trades  or from minor leagues we also need to get rid of 10 or 12 players shallow compromised draft or not.

lets be real just how much will our kids miss the guidance of such exalted leaders like mcguane thursfield jackson king connors morton miller graham white etc you could blink and not miss em. we could then do the same process in 2012 a so called strong draft getting rid of players this yr is not going to hinder us the following yr.15 20 24 have to go its a must the only question is which ones do you keep for experience and so called guidance everyone will have their choice but at the end of the day they all have to go and the sooner the better. better to try something else than keep on going with the same proven duds.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2011, 10:31:41 PM »
GWS would take him.

I reckon they would too.

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2011, 09:16:26 AM »
GWS would take him.

I reckon they would too.

he could teach Folau the finer points of the game  8)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2011, 11:09:57 AM »
Folau & McGawn, a fearsome combo to be respected

gerkin greg

« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »
master CHF imparting his knowledge to the convert

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »
Just try and imagine the decision making session  :clapping

gerkin greg

« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
 :lol

Izzy has actually improved a lot
leading the GIANTS goalkicking despite playing in defence first part of the year
Already gone past McGuane

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »
Izzy has improved. Hes probably just gone past the likes of Brad Green and Schulzzztz
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:55:33 PM by Dubstep Dookie »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2011, 02:51:54 PM »
You would be having a cry if one or two years from now some gun falls to pick 15 or so and we can't take him because we used thr tambling pick in earlier years.

just something a little off the subject.

wce will play a kid called lycett this weekend. i wanted the club to activate its tambling pick because there was always going to be a lot of good picks around 27 which would have given us this bloke.
need a ruckman well hes probably not ready for the ruck or even afl for that matter but i suggest people have a close look at this kid imo he will be everything we want in a ruckman and we forewent the opportunity of grabbing him.

oh and mcguane sheesh undersized dumb as they come and poorly skilled cmon al if you were a recruiter you would not even look at him i know i wouldnt.
it was obvious 4 seasons ago this bloke was ordinary yet he survives really does sum our club up.