Author Topic: Luke McGuane [merged]  (Read 44266 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Luke McGuane [merged]
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »
Does anyone else hear "Benny Hill" music any time Mcguane touches the ball.

Luke was at his comical best yesterday.
Unleash the tornado

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »
be nice please and stick to the subject
you still havent come up with a serviceable  pick 94 yet

Dean cox, Nathan Foley, Nick Maxwell, Tom Rockcliff, Leigh Adams, Matt Suckling, Paul Duffield, Heath Hocking, Aaron Davey, Andrew Carrazzo.........all picks 94 and above and there just off he top of my head! Would you like me to fully research it for you?

Offline tigercub2012

• Future Richmond star
  • I never worry about action, but only inaction
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
nice homework there is hope for your son
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

the claw

« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2012, 02:52:52 PM »

Dean cox, Nathan Foley, Nick Maxwell, Tom Rockcliff, Leigh Adams, Matt Suckling, Paul Duffield, Heath Hocking, Aaron Davey, Andrew Carrazzo.........all picks 94 and above and there just off he top of my head! Would you like me to fully research it for you?
you name the successes, now name the over 1000 failures with rookie  picks. i reckon most successful rookie picks would be mature picks as well.

i will say again late nd and rookie picks are a numbers game where you turn over heaps ( about 6 ) in the hope of finding one decent player who can do a job for you.
just my opinion but with these picks we would be better off with a mixture of kids and mature recruits about 50/50. someone like moloney would be a guarantee of decent service for two or three yrs. most rookies dont ever get to play a senior game.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »

you name the successes, now name the over 1000 failures with rookie  picks. i reckon most successful rookie picks would be mature picks as well.

i will say again late nd and rookie picks are a numbers game where you turn over heaps ( about 6 ) in the hope of finding one decent player who can do a job for you.
just my opinion but with these picks we would be better off with a mixture of kids and mature recruits about 50/50. someone like moloney would be a guarantee of decent service for two or three yrs. most rookies dont ever get to play a senior game.

What's that got to do with O'Hanlon and in turn why is O'Hanlon being discussed in the McGuane thread?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #365 on: August 20, 2012, 02:59:51 AM »
Do we have the YouTube of mcgaune missed goal?

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »

The one where he saw Edwards and dropped the ball.  Edwards infected him.  Its contagious.  Tigers have the plague. 

How stupid is the coach playing him in the Ruck again.  If you were going to rotate anyone in the ruck, it had to be Post.  Hardwick has to go.  He is reminding me of Giesh.  Thats how bad he is.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #367 on: August 20, 2012, 01:50:39 PM »
Does anyone else hear "Benny Hill" music any time Mcguane touches the ball.

Luke was at his comical best yesterday.
Great minds think alike mat. The first thing I thought when seeing the video clip was adding "Benny Hill" music to it plus Homer's "Doh!" at the end when Luke puts his hands to his head.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »

Offline tigercub2012

• Future Richmond star
  • I never worry about action, but only inaction
« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2012, 04:46:45 PM »
Heath shocking pick 94 explains it all
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: August 20, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

The one where he saw Edwards and dropped the ball.  Edwards infected him.  Its contagious.  Tigers have the plague. 

How stupid is the coach playing him in the Ruck again.  If you were going to rotate anyone in the ruck, it had to be Post.  Hardwick has to go.  He is reminding me of Giesh.  Thats how bad he is.

But with Griff down who goes back? I agree Post would've been best choice outside of the circumstances but with only 2 tall backs, if one went into the ruck that'll leave one. Unless you put McGuane in the backline as post rucks....

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #371 on: August 21, 2012, 12:34:48 AM »
But with Griff down who goes back? I agree Post would've been best choice outside of the circumstances but with only 2 tall backs, if one went into the ruck that'll leave one. Unless you put McGuane in the backline as post rucks....

I agree but if you are winning the clearances, there isn't as much pressure on the back-line and the delivery into the forward line is so much more fluid.  Hardwick denied our midfield a contest in the Ruck.  Then he cried about the dominance of Sandilands after the game. You can't cry about a situation that you made happen.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: August 21, 2012, 06:25:37 AM »

Maybe Astbury will get a run?

Tigermonk

« Reply #373 on: August 21, 2012, 10:10:18 AM »
l seen some funny stuff on Saturday but l was not laughing. Every other team supporter will be forever reminding us of this lad. Clearly he is now worthless & no other team will ever want to see this lad. Send him to Leongatha.  :rollin

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: August 21, 2012, 10:12:23 AM »
l seen some funny stuff on Saturday but l was not laughing. Every other team supporter will be forever reminding us of this lad. Clearly he is now worthless & no other team will ever want to see this lad. Send him to Leongatha.  :rollin
Was worthless prior to this game anyway ;)