Author Topic: Luke McGuane [merged]  (Read 44280 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Luke McGuane [merged]
« Reply #450 on: September 16, 2012, 07:42:16 PM »
Knowing the facts that he made the statement and didn't deliver I have made my judgement.

As far as I can work out, the additions to the football department in the coaching/development area for this season were Ross Smith, Mark Williams and Greg Mellor?

So are you saying that you will judge Benny Gale as a failure if we don't achieve 3-0-75?  A plan is only ever something to use as a guiding tool on the path to a hopeful future outcome and when circumstances change (as they almost always will) then the smart operators are the ones who are able to adjust and tinker to keep working towards that outcome.  I would rather the club be responsible enough to make it's decisions based on the facts before it at the time rather than blindly sticking to a verbal pre-committment that could have any number of circumstances change after the event.  If they couldn't get the personnel they were after at the time then saving the money and working towards extra coaches/developmental staff (the ones that tick all your particular boxes) in the future is a far smarter outcome than taking any Johnny-come-lately just for the sake of appeasing the fans.  Just my opinion and why I'm not judging Cameron on it right now, there's plenty of time in history to do that.

And there you go changing the facts again.
The only DEVELOPMENT coach is Mellor - FACT
I have not said ANYTHING about Gale's PLAN, only about Cameron's STATEMENT - FACT
Why would he announce coaching additions before filling the positions? Care to name any similar situation? 

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #451 on: September 16, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
Knowing the facts that he made the statement and didn't deliver I have made my judgement.

As far as I can work out, the additions to the football department in the coaching/development area for this season were Ross Smith, Mark Williams and Greg Mellor?

So are you saying that you will judge Benny Gale as a failure if we don't achieve 3-0-75?  A plan is only ever something to use as a guiding tool on the path to a hopeful future outcome and when circumstances change (as they almost always will) then the smart operators are the ones who are able to adjust and tinker to keep working towards that outcome.  I would rather the club be responsible enough to make it's decisions based on the facts before it at the time rather than blindly sticking to a verbal pre-committment that could have any number of circumstances change after the event.  If they couldn't get the personnel they were after at the time then saving the money and working towards extra coaches/developmental staff (the ones that tick all your particular boxes) in the future is a far smarter outcome than taking any Johnny-come-lately just for the sake of appeasing the fans.  Just my opinion and why I'm not judging Cameron on it right now, there's plenty of time in history to do that.

And there you go changing the facts again.
The only DEVELOPMENT coach is Mellor - FACT
I have not said ANYTHING about Gale's PLAN, only about Cameron's STATEMENT - FACT
Why would he announce coaching additions before filling the positions? Care to name any similar situation?

What facts did I change?

And while I'm on that - when did I last change facts?

But back to the topic, imho every coach is a "development coach" - what other type is there?

And as I read it, Cameron's statement was only a planned intent or action, not an iron-clad promise or statement of fact after the event.  What one of thousands of examples in football and life would you like me to present re: people or organizations making a statement and then changing their mind or action due to circumstantial change?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #452 on: September 17, 2012, 09:47:53 AM »
McGuane made the Courier Mail’s 2012 Queensland Team of the Year ...

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/147386/default.aspx

Offline hammo1976

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #453 on: September 18, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
Luke will be playing at the tigers next year as he has agreed to the contract that has been offered source very close family friend. lets just hope he can improve his 5 meter kicks on goals from the goal square in honesty who else would have him besides the tigers

GO U TIGERS

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #454 on: September 18, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
Luke will be playing at the tigers next year as he has agreed to the contract that has been offered source very close family friend. lets just hope he can improve his 5 meter kicks on goals from the goal square in honesty who else would have him besides the tigers

GO U TIGERS
Yes, he can work on it at Coburg because I don't see Luke playing for Richmond next year unless we have injuries to key players like we did this year.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: September 18, 2012, 05:08:13 PM »
I find it amazing that McGuane made the Courier Mail’s 2012 Queensland Team of the Year

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #456 on: September 18, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
I find it amazing that McGuane made the Courier Mail’s 2012 Queensland Team of the Year

He makes it every year. There's only 22 Queenslanders in the league  ;D
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: September 19, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »

GO U TIGERS
Yes, he can work on it at Coburg because I don't see Luke playing for Richmond next year unless we have injuries to key players like we did this year.

As long as he is getting a big pay packet I am Ok with that

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #458 on: September 21, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »
Luke been offered new deal today
 :thumbsup

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #459 on: September 21, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »

dwaino

« Reply #460 on: September 21, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »
Get it done, Tiges  :clapping

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #461 on: September 21, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »
Im in a meeting  :clapping

Ps met someone in traffic today  :clapping

Pps they drink rum n coke  :clapping

Ppps  :clapping :clapping :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
McGuane considers Tigers' offer (afl)
« Reply #462 on: September 21, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
McGuane considers Tigers' offer

By Paul Daffey
afl.com.au
Fri 21 Sep, 2012

RICHMOND has offered utility Luke McGuane a contract to remain at Punt Rd, quashing speculation the 25-year-old would be traded or delisted.

McGuane's manager, Rob D'Orazio from Ralph Carr Management, said it’s more than likely that McGuane would remain a Tiger.

"There's an offer on the table and we're going through it," D'Orazio said.

McGuane spent his early years at Richmond as a defender but this year made an impression in attack.

After showing strong form with Richmond's VFL affiliate Coburg, he broke back into the Tigers' AFL team in round 15 against Melbourne.

He played every match for the rest of the season. His output included three-goal games against the Brisbane Lions and Western Bulldogs.

He kicked a respectable 15 goals during the final nine games. Those performances shored up his value as a depth player on the Tigers' list.

Richmond selected McGuane at No.36 in the 2004 national draft. He made his debut in 2006 and has since played 93 games and kicked 19 goals.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148246/default.aspx

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #463 on: September 21, 2012, 11:51:37 PM »
Great work tigers, keep up the media on how good this spud was! Vossy is circling ;D

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: McGuane considers Tigers' offer (afl)
« Reply #464 on: September 22, 2012, 10:00:37 AM »
McGuane considers Tigers' offer

By Paul Daffey
afl.com.au
Fri 21 Sep, 2012

"There's an offer on the table and we're going through it," D'Orazio said.

He kicked a respectable 15 goals during the final nine games. Those performances shored up his value as a depth player on the Tigers' list.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148246/default.aspx

^ D'Orazio really means "we can't believe that we've even been offered a year - someone get us a pen as quickly as possible before the club changes it's mind!"

depth player at best - agree with others that if we see him at AFL level more than Coburg we're in trouble...hopefully a ploy for an "undercover trade mission"......
...the fighting fury...