Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 316390 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »
Also mystified as to why the NRL is so much more even and harder to tip yet they don't have a draft - just the salary cap. Is it the one-on-one nature of the AFL game and the longer game time that results in more blow outs or is it the AFL discouraging teams from being competitive?
NRL is a lower scoring game. It doesn't stop blowouts though. The Storm won 44-0 on the weekend  :thumbsup.

I was more thinking about Wests Tigers going from nothing to premiers to nothing again in the space of a few years. Brisbane going from premiers to a real chance of missing the finals without Lockyer. Penrith won a few years back and fell off the map. Same goes for Roosters.

Whereas since 2000 in the AFL Brisbane were in the GF 4 years in a row, Collingwood 2, Essendon 2, West Coast 2, Sydney 2.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2007, 10:46:22 PM »
Penrith won in 03 finished third in 04
Wests won the flag in 05 had all these awful injuries to key players Brett Hodgson and Benji Marshall as well as losing one of the players to English Super League. They are in contention again this year.
Roosters won in 02 against NZ and were runners up to Penrith 03 and Bulldogs 04.
Perhaps a draft system enables you to have a longer premiership window of opportunity as you have the flexibility of attaining players that cater to specific needs in the AFL whereas NRL due to no draft can enable clubs to spend big and try and buy a premiership for short term success to appease fans.
Perhaps the examples I have given are a fallacy who knows. Either way I agree AFL easier to bet on.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2007, 10:58:40 PM »
Penrith won in 03 finished third in 04
Wests won the flag in 05 had all these awful injuries to key players Brett Hodgson and Benji Marshall as well as losing one of the players to English Super League. They are in contention again this year.
Roosters won in 02 against NZ and were runners up to Penrith 03 and Bulldogs 04.
Perhaps a draft system enables you to have a longer premiership window of opportunity as you have the flexibility of attaining players that cater to specific needs in the AFL whereas NRL due to no draft can enable clubs to spend big and try and buy a premiership for short term success to appease fans.
Perhaps the examples I have given are a fallacy who knows. Either way I agree AFL easier to bet on.

Didn't do my research

Thanks for pointing out my errors  :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2007, 11:20:14 PM »
Also mystified as to why the NRL is so much more even and harder to tip yet they don't have a draft - just the salary cap. Is it the one-on-one nature of the AFL game and the longer game time that results in more blow outs or is it the AFL discouraging teams from being competitive?
NRL is a lower scoring game. It doesn't stop blowouts though. The Storm won 44-0 on the weekend  :thumbsup.

gotta love  Richmond Storm

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2007, 10:41:34 PM »
Carey wants Caro to talk about us. She said she would later on in the show.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2007, 02:51:01 PM »
Carro has some fair points ... glad she is a Richmond person ... not scared to say the facts ... !!! ...

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »
Carro has some fair points ... glad she is a Richmond person ... not scared to say the facts ... !!! ...

what did she say , i missed the show

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »

Absolutely Zilch xXx

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2007, 09:40:47 PM »

Absolutely Zilch xXx

footy classifieds at their best  ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2007, 11:38:47 PM »
Caro said earlier tonight on 3aw that she sees no hope  ::) but she doesn't blame Terry.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2007, 07:01:36 AM »
Caro said earlier tonight on 3aw that she sees no hope  ::) but she doesn't blame Terry.

Also said she felt terrible and depressed  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2007, 07:55:31 AM »

Also said she felt terrible and depressed  ;D

is that because richmnond have been terrible, or depressed because she has no hope with terry  ;D  or both!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2007, 09:40:58 PM »
Interesting to see what Caro says about this "letter" tonight.

Ramps

« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2007, 11:21:38 PM »
So what did caro say about whats happening behind the scenes at Punt Rd?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2007, 11:25:24 PM »
Caro and the rest of them said Jack poo surprise surprise.