Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 276575 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1920 on: June 24, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »
Off topic for a moment
Last night was the first time id seen the footage of Yaegar Omeara push Allen Christensen into the contest and I was disgusted. Then they him 2weeks earlier doing the same thing. What a soft, pee weak excuse for a bloke. And the fact hes recieved no penalty is disgusting .

Am I being to hard on him or is that warranted/ accepeted?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1921 on: June 24, 2014, 11:17:21 AM »
Off topic for a moment
Last night was the first time id seen the footage of Yaegar Omeara push Allen Christensen into the contest and I was disgusted. Then they him 2weeks earlier doing the same thing. What a soft, pee weak excuse for a bloke. And the fact hes recieved no penalty is disgusting .

No way he was aiming to push him into the contest, was just looking to get out over the back

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1922 on: June 24, 2014, 12:58:16 PM »
Thought it was shellfish from Caro
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #1923 on: June 24, 2014, 02:26:19 PM »
Off topic for a moment

Im of a similar view, his actions can cause damage, needs to stop doing this gutless act

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1924 on: June 24, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
Off topic for a moment

Agree with you

Could cause major damage if he's not careful
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1925 on: June 24, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
He s deadset little idiot that o'meara , he knows what he s doing , for the afl to neglect that when he s a serial offender says plenty.....if it where the. 70s , a king hit would be forthcoming next time  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1926 on: June 24, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »
Gold Coast golden boy.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1927 on: June 24, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »
Gold Coast the Golden Footy Club.
Flags by 2018 or bust. :help

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1928 on: June 24, 2014, 07:31:39 PM »
Yes a decade of manufactured domination by manufactured clubs from non-AFL markets with no fans isn't going to hurt the game at all.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1929 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »
This is the problem our game has had for the last 10 years.

There is no rule against it so why not do it?
Next year there will be a rule that doesn't allow players to push other players into the contest.

Same with tunnelling which happened quite a bit for a while. Same with chopping the arms in contests. Same with sliding into contests to get the ball first. Same with raising arms to force tackler to make high contact. Same with dropping the knees to force tackler to give away 'Push in the back Free kicks". Same with the Jake King dropping the knees when tackled to get a high tackle. Every envelope is being pushed to find an advantage.

Players and coaches try everything and anything to get an advantage. Don't think O'Meara is 100% trying to injury an opponent but it certainly puts the opponent out of play and if he gets injured or corked for even 15 seconds than its a win for the club and off they go.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1930 on: June 30, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »
Lyon and Hutchy said that Cotchin will respond to Lloyd's criticism on tonight's show.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1931 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:00 AM »
Only a couple of snippets about us on last night's show.

Hutchy asked Lloyd if Vickery had currency on the trade market. Lloyd replied he wouldn't trade Vickery. He added Vickery's game against Brisbane was Ty's best he'd even seen and he witnessed Vickery contest and do things on the weekend that he hadn't seen from Vickery before. Richmond should persist with him.

Caro in good call/bad call said Richmond and Jake King should part ways at the end of the season. King's best is long past him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1932 on: July 28, 2014, 11:51:30 PM »
There were three segments on us tonight ....

* Lloyd reckons Vickery will get 4-5 weeks. No more than that. Caro said Cotch would want his time again regarding his comments post-game (ie. saying an opposition player going down was good for us). Lyon added he knew what Cotch was trying to say but he chose a poor choice of words. Hutchy said it's a catch-22: if you criticise your teammate like Jordan Lewis did, the coach bags you; if you stick up for your teammate then everyone else bags you.

* Lloyd said Maric's comments (i.e. about training standards slipping) sum up a young team that was happy to make the finals last year, got ahead of themselves and though it was all just going to happen. It also reflects on the coaching panel who clearly had Richmond playing a different gameplan to the one they are playing now. Unfortunately for Richmond, it all too late and it's another wasted season.

* Caro also took a whack at Richmond in her "arrow" segment. If only they had turned up against Melbourne in that big game after Tommy's passing; if only they turned up in the first half against the Bulldogs, etc .... The 4 wins in a row including impressive wins against Port and the Eagles in Perth just show how much Richmond the team has let down its supporters this year. How could they!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1933 on: July 29, 2014, 12:43:21 AM »
Did we really change the gameplan ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1934 on: July 29, 2014, 02:50:42 PM »
l suppose Caro is full of energy when someone in her family passes away & that she will not going to shed a tear when writing about it. Give it a rest Caroline
Everyone was hit hard by Tommy Hafey's passing. Not just because of what he did for football but Tommy went out of his way to help & give support to many. Them players would have been choked up before the game. That sucks the energy out of anyone.