Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 270123 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #2190 on: April 03, 2019, 12:55:31 AM »
Spot on and the 6/6/6 has exposed our lack of clearance type players big time

2 from 2 games we have been slaughtered
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

strongandbold

« Reply #2191 on: April 03, 2019, 06:45:12 AM »
Spot on and the 6/6/6 has exposed our lack of clearance type players big time

2 from 2 games we have been slaughtered

No, we haven’t.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2192 on: April 03, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »
I’m not a fan of Soldo either, in fact I think I said he was the worst player I had seen in a Tigers jumper ever, but I do think he has improved a lot since then.

We are getting killed at clearances and I don’t think it’s just about Nank getting beaten in the ruck, our midfielders need to work harder too but I wouldn’t mind if Soldo came in to help out.
Nank has proven he can kick goals when he rests forward as he is a hard match up for opposition.

I did see Soldo take a few marks around the ground in the twos the last couple of weeks so he can get involved a bit more now than before.

We cannot afford to give opposition sides a free hit at stoppages anymore.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2193 on: April 03, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »
I'd play Chol, CCJ & even Moore in the ruck before Slomo,,,,,we just lose too much around the ground with him in the side.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2194 on: April 03, 2019, 01:16:18 PM »
We lost the clearances 28-31 against Collingwood. And 41-37 against Carlton. That's hardly getting "smashed"

I think the issue is more so when we don't have the ball we don't put enough pressure on the ball carrier and allowing opposition to link up uncontested possessions is what cuts us up the most.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2195 on: April 03, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »
Giving sides way too much space and too many easy marks down the line...also not putting enough pressure on the receivers and outside runners....to many blokes following the ball and swarming the ball carrier but still not stopping the handball getting out to free players... :shh
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:08:46 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2196 on: July 23, 2019, 12:51:26 AM »
Are Richmond beginning to hit form at the right time of the season?

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/1153290059526877184

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2197 on: April 20, 2020, 10:56:29 PM »
Caro just said Tom Lynch will be on Footy Classified coming up now.

Edit: Scratch that. She just said it will be the Crows' Tom Lynch :booboo.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2198 on: April 21, 2020, 12:09:34 AM »
Matty Lloyd did his "Richmond lockdown list":

1. Need to stay hungry. There's a reason we don't have many back-to-back premiers.

2. Selection tension vital - Ross, Balta, Stack, Higgo, RCD, Chol need to put pressure on the 22.

3. Need role players to be nothing more, nothing less. Broad, Castagna, Baker don't now try to be more than you are and think you are Rolls Royces. Stick to being the role players you are.

4. Doesn't think plying Soldo & Nank as both lumbering bang-crash ruckmen in the same team will work going forward. Need to get games into Balta or Chol as the second ruck pairing with only one of the other two.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2199 on: April 21, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »

1. Need to stay hungry. There's a reason we don't have many back-to-back premiers.

2. Selection tension vital - Ross, Balta, Stack, Higgo, RCD, Chol need to put pressure on the 22.

3. Need role players to be nothing more, nothing less. Broad, Castagna, Baker don't now try to be more than you are and think you are Rolls Royces. Stick to being the role players you are.

4. Doesn't think plying Soldo & Nank as both lumbering bang-crash ruckmen in the same team will work going forward. Need to get games into Balta or Chol as the second ruck pairing with only one of the other two.

Earth shattering information there.  I like Matthew but why are these shows still on (especially 2 of them a week).

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2200 on: April 22, 2020, 09:06:43 AM »

Baker will be a star Lloydy :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2201 on: April 22, 2020, 12:40:46 PM »

The members of the Collingwood cheer squad have better insights into what we need that Lloyd.  He, Tony Shaw and Cornehole are so dumb they have to remind themselves what the AFL stands for each day

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2202 on: April 23, 2020, 02:58:43 AM »
A fair question after 2017 but why question if we're still hungry now after 2 flags and a PF finish in the past 3 years? :huh3.

If George could kick straight he'd be the best and most deadly small forward in the league.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2203 on: April 23, 2020, 10:26:59 AM »
But he doesnt kick straight. He cant kick.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2204 on: April 23, 2020, 11:41:15 AM »
I thought he did pretty well in 2019 and showed a fair bit of improvement in that area ................... until the GF